Shale gas in Quebec and documentary Gasland

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/03/11, 20:15

They can, because if someone has the groundwater plans in the Jura, they will have to say it :-)

And the earthquakes by the deep hydraulic fracture were not far away.
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/11, 18:05

cortejuan wrote:is this a rumor or the truth but it seems that a foreign company obtained a drilling concession in the French Jura to analyze the potential of shale gas in my home. The problem is that local politicians seem to be unaware. In any case, the local ecologists are starting to panic.

It's not at all a rumor: in yellow the exploration permits in progress, in gray those that have been requested:

La map of France for mineral exploration (including shale gas) is available here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/gaz-de-sch ... 10542.html

We continue down there please about shale gas in France.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/03/11, 20:31

Government response to those signing the petitions against shale gas:
jean-marie.durand@developpement-durable.gouv.fr
Madame, Monsieur,

I have received several thousand e-mails drawing my attention to the environmental problems posed by shale gas extraction and asking me to set up a moratorium (petition no. 1). I wrote a short answer which was then automatically sent to you. I received more than 200 individual responses then, very quickly, several thousand identical e-mails (petition no. 2). At the same time, the media relayed your concerns. These very many reactions testify that we share a common passion for the environment and I am delighted.

I have personally read each individual email and of course the petitions. You will understand that my answer will be collective.

Extensive information is available on the website of the Ministry of Ecology and Sustainable Development (www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr) in the section “energies and climate”, in particular on the procedures and the guarantees which they bring, on the permits granted and the requests in the course of examination with the associated cartography and on renewable energies.

The government has decided to launch an inspection mission on shale gas and oils in order to be informed on economic (worldwide and in France), social and environmental issues. The report will be public (progress report on 15 April, final report on 31 May). You can read the press release and the mission letter at www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/spip. ... icle = 20901

The Minister of Ecology and Sustainable Development and the Minister of Industry and Energy obtained a meeting on Thursday 10 February with industrialists holding permits to search for gas or shale oils. It was agreed that:
- for gas, there would be no drilling and no technical field operation before the submission of the final report,
- for oils, there would be no drilling before the submission of the interim report and no hydraulic fracturing before the submission of the final report.

http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.f ... icle=21191

Jean-Marie Durand
Deputy Director of the firm
MEDDTL

It is to be hoped that the final report is not laid by the lobbies as for mediator type drugs since 1976 ?? ???

In any case, the earth is stuffed with gas and other fossil fuels, even abiotic everywhere, and there is enough to multiply by 10 the concentration of CO2 as 55 million years ago following a dramatic warming.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/11, 20:33

no double subject please, we continue the: https://www.econologie.com/forums/gaz-de-sch ... 10542.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/11, 17:57

José Bové gets into shale gas
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhe0sv ... ed&start=0
he looks motivated
0 x
jam
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jam » 08/03/11, 19:41

The report of the BAPE (Public Audience Office on the Environment) made public this afternoon in Quebec on the exploration of shale gas.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/11, 20:44

jam wrote:The report of the BAPE (Public Audience Office on the Environment) made public this afternoon in Quebec on the exploration of shale gas.

Are we talking about the same report? https://www.econologie.com/gaz-de-schist ... -4336.html

(on econo since March 1)
0 x
jam
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jam » 08/03/11, 21:02

No, it was not the BAPE group which made this previous report.

Well I think. In an hour, we'll have the right time.
Last edited by jam the 08 / 03 / 11, 21: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/11, 21:03

Really?

Shale Gas Industry Review Board. Investigation and public hearing report

144-page Quebec report by the BAPE (Office of Public Hearings on the Environment) on shale gas exploration and exploitation and the potential environmental, health and social problems of its operation.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/03/11, 23:23

Quebec greatly calms the game ...
Quebec backtracks on shale gas

March 09, 2011 Usine Nouvelle

The Government of Quebec has agreed to act on the moratorium recommendations from an environmental agency on shale gas. It is now a matter of waiting for the results of studies of the ecological impact of this extraction technique.

In an impressive 323-page report, the Public Environmental Hearings Office recommends carrying out a strategic environmental assessment of the shale gas industry before going any further in this area. A report released yesterday Tuesday March 8.

The government intends to follow up on almost all of the 101 recommendations in the BAPE report. “The only restrictions [on their application] would be of a technical nature; doing things that are not practical or that involve astronomical costs, "said Quebec Minister of the Environment Pierre Arcand, without giving more details.

Among the recommendations is that of make public disclosure of chemical additives used to fracture wells mandatory. The government will ban "any chemical additive in fracturing water for which the risks to the environment or health cannot be assessed or which could pose a risk" said Pierre Arcand.

Until this extensive assessment is completed, new drilling will only be authorized for the purpose of acquiring scientific knowledge, said the Quebec Minister of the Environment. A moratorium which brought down on the stock market the companies carrying out gas exploration in Quebec that are Questerre Energy, Junex or Pétrolia.

Source: New Factory
0 x