Lubrizol fire "not toxic"

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Lubrizol fire "not toxic"

by to be chafoin » 02/10/19, 22:36

Attention, you must read the article until the end and especially follow the link in the update. The newspaper admits implicitly that it went a little quickly. In reality the analysis results of the frightened firefighter follow a normal procedure.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/10/19, 21:18

"Not dangerous", tell us the "authorities".
"In the products listed, some are classified as" highly flammable "or" likely to harm fertility or the fetus. "For others, it is specified that they can present" serious effects for the organs ", be carcinogenic, "irritating to the respiratory tract", or "toxic" or even "fatal" if inhaled. "
https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/socie ... 00991.html

"No asbestos detected" tell us the "authorities" ...
This is already the tenth finding since the day after the fire in Lubrizol, which occurred Thursday, September 26, for a bailiff in Rouen (Seine-Maritime). He was called by Stéphane Holé, inhabitant of Mont-Saint-Aignan, who discovered in his garden several debris which resemble asbestos fibrous material. "It looks like asbestos fiber, asbestos roofs that are fiber-reinforced. It looks like the images we saw of the factory roof," explains Stéphane Holé. He is considering filing a complaint.
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-diver ... 41729.html

"Who will pay"?
Will Lubrizol pay after the Rouen fire? The polluter pays rule exists, but ...
The state has tools to compel the company to compensate those who suffer the damage from the fire. It remains to activate them.
https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/entry/lub ... 7f6621cf99
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 03 / 10 / 19, 21: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 03/10/19, 21:21

In the list there is the methacrylath. It is found in water paints.
I much prefer the good old lime.
Why paint with these paints at 100 € per can, when the lime bag covering the same surface is less than 15 €?
Certainly lime emits a lot of CO2 during its manufacture, but it recaptures it when it turns into limestone once painted.
White for white, lime is whiter than white paint. It does not flake and lasts longer.
In addition it is not toxic: you can pour the rinsing water from tools in the garden to raise the pH and bring limescale.
Outdoors when you have to paint white, you should brush with lime :D (as in time).
Indoors it keeps pests away, it doesn't smell (no VOCs) and it's much cheaper.
Too bad we don't sell tinted lime. If it exists, I replace interior water paints with tinted lime.

Another drift of this system: "Valentine's cream .... with metacrylathe : Evil: "Lime mixed with water, the paint roller ... that's the lasting solution.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 03/10/19, 22:07

ENERC wrote:White for white, lime is whiter than white paint. It does not flake and lasts longer.
In addition it is not toxic: you can pour the rinsing water from tools in the garden to raise the pH and bring limescale.
I like lime but ...
It does not flake off but it still leaves in fine dust. Unless you add a "glue", which is often done (binders) but suddenly it changes the picture a bit. For example I do not know if it is so good in this case to throw this in the garden.
You can pigment the lime yourself (I did it at home) but here too, if I remember correctly, add a binder ...
0 x
Nico37
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nico37 » 15/08/20, 00:29

Z13 Rouen: black smoke and yellow vests

The event took place in Rouen on September 26, 2019, and there was black smoke. Is this a serious accident? Not sure. Has it polluted the water and the land? Studies will tell. Has he poisoned the people of Rouen? This remains to be proven. Is the manufacturer responsible for it? In any case, he apologizes for the inconvenience.

For its thirteenth issue, the Z team moved to Rouen the day after the Lubrizol factory fire, which dumped the equivalent of an oil spill in the skies of Normandy. Ten thousand tons of highly toxic chemicals gone up in smoke, more than ten tons of asbestos scattered throughout the city.

Factories on fire / Cancer epidemics / Caravan life / Leaving chemistry / Notre-Dame-des-Palettes / Proletarians in Niger

Read the editorial

Issue currently available in bookstores and in our stock

Posted May 2020
€15 / ISBN 9782491109011
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/08/21, 10:38

Near Rouen, fire in the Seveso Saipol factory: many firefighters on site

A fire broke out in the Saipol factory in Grand-Couronne, near Rouen (Seine-Maritime), on the night of August 14 to 15, 2021. According to an initial assessment, there were no injuries.

0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 15/08/21, 12:54

Izy; "It's safe".
0 x