Explosion in a fuel warehouse

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 12/12/05, 12:59

Where am I allowed to speak there? ;) We will see who it is who orders :D You are limited beyond the subject elsewhere;)

Well otherwise, it seems that it has no impact on the level of supply even for airports, which must have their own reservations.

The:
http://www.boursier.com/vals/all/feed.asp?id=7840

they say that it's max "only" 5% of the British reserves but on a single site it's huge I think, it's still great the United Kingdom.

Today it still smokes a lot but it is much clearer (water vapor), I sent photos to Econologie.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/05, 13:03

For Rulian:

Ah I was aware for Iran ... but the idea of ​​the quotation in € I like it well (it will make feet with American arrogance) it is well worth a small news but if it is still an effect announcement of their president it is not likely to be done so quickly (it is just a bit crazy ...). You have sources that confirm this "rumor" (precise url please)

For Lau:

1) oil kills far more direct deaths than nuclear energy a year in the world ... However Greenpeace and ecological associations are more anti nuclear than anti oil ... It is a fact that I never understood. .. :?:

2) Then the 3rd world war is already underway ... it's an economic war ok but not only: look at the number of conflicts in the world today ... obviously it is especially among the poor ...
I also never understood how a hungry African could have an AK47 for several thousand dollars (often several years of salary in some countries ..) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/05, 13:37

Here are 2 photos of Nono that he took this morning exclusively for you :) :

0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 12/12/05, 14:20

econology wrote:For Rulian:

Ah I was aware for Iran ... but the idea of ​​the quotation in € I like it well (it will make feet with American arrogance) it is well worth a small news but if it is still an effect announcement of their president it is not likely to be done so quickly (it is just a bit crazy ...). You have sources that confirm this "rumor" (precise url please)

Do not rejoice, there is nothing. Because certainly such a new confimée would allow the Gauls to gargle seeing the disillusioned mine of the Americans, but it is to forget that we are hardly better than them, for arrogance as for oil. We would be very humble to keep and seek solutions. Because such a blow from the bearded people in power in Iran would strike us just as long in the long term.

For the "rumor", it concerns the month planned for the opening of the so-called Iranian oil exchange. The rest is confirmed by various sources that I have found, but all English-speaking. I will double check if I can't find any in French.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 12/12/05, 14:52

Well I was a killjoy with Christophe : Evil: >

But his point 1 did not please me, with an assinuation / rumor of an attack without any other information (worthy of the Figaro). In addition I almost saw it as an encouragement to attack oil reserves.

That said, there have indeed been threats of attacks on petroleum resources:
http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0 ... 630,0.html
But beware of being too extrapolated

Finally for point 2 I agree :).

here is NOnO
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 12/12/05, 15:00

I also never understood how a hungry African could have an AK47 for several thousand dollars (often several years' salary in some countries ..) ... [/ quote]

Hello

take a good look at the news The AK47 is over since a lease (50 dollars in tirana in pubs; even the Albanians want more, they have not been produced since 75 or 76. : Cry:

now the guys who defend their skins have AK74 (500 € new) and the others of us or Israeli stuff that falls free of charge from who knows where. : Evil:

In any case the human being is always deprived of eating to arm himself and the more he is hungry the more he arms himself.

It is by feeding people that we calm them, not by starving them : Twisted: ; but a war is so good for biseness !!!!!

the only thing that will bring peace will be the implosion of the system, when we will all be poor enough to stop consuming, but I fear that there will be another generation or 2 !!!
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/05, 15:16

It seems to me that the Chinese AK47s are still manufactured, right?

In 74 came the AK74, a little plastic brother and in 5.56mm from the Ak47 which is made of wood and 7,62 mm ... according to my memories of my Counter Strike period ...

But this is far from the subject of this forum ! So stop.
0 x
bioman14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bioman14 » 12/12/05, 16:50

econology wrote:
1) oil kills far more direct deaths than nuclear energy a year in the world ... However Greenpeace and ecological associations are more anti nuclear than anti oil ... It is a fact that I never understood. .. :?:

idem.
certainly, I am limited off topic, but it's a big problem:
so much energy to fight against nuclear power and not much against fossils, while, as demonstrated by Jm Jancovici, nuclear power is the source of nrj available that poses the least amount of bp (of all kinds). and above all that fossils kill far more people than nuclear.
we discussed this on oliomobile, I am dismayed by such a disproportion. why do most eco-activists fight with such virulence against nuclear energy ????? and almost nothing against fossils?
0 x
if I say something stupid, tell me, but kindly and politely.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/12/05, 16:53

Iran announced in September that its oil market would become operational in March 2006.
It was already in Saddam's idea to sell his oil in €…
China is playing with equilibrium with € and $; she uses it as a threat against the USA.
Iran has recently established ties with Russia and China; it has moved closer to Europe.
Only oil country with Russia and Venezuela not to have American bases.

A conflict against Iran would be a disaster for the United States, but the collapse of the $ (colossal debt paid by the rest of the world) would be a calamity.
After diplomatic attacks and "rumors", a refusal by the United Nations to approve, the outbreak of the conflict could begin with the attack on nuclear power plants by an unwavering friendly country; ensue reprisals kamikazes or simulated and disguised with its batch of American deaths, which would allow the open conflict. (known scenario…).
Iran is not short of ingenuity in response, the USA already in trouble in Iraq, back to the wall, would throw into battle all its new secret weapons. In short, a beautiful shit in perspective: known shortage for the countries, but catastrophic pollution sup of the earth which did not need it…
Regression of human living conditions, ecological disasters.

In Nexus n ° 39 July-August 2005: Iran / United States - Will the "war against tyranny" take place?
Richard Heinberg - MuseLetter ( http://www.museletter.com/ )
explains 9 pages, all the issues at stake.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/05, 16:57

bioman14 wrote:we discussed this on oliomobile, I am dismayed by such a disproportion. why do most eco-activists fight with such virulence against nuclear energy ????? and almost nothing against fossils?

The answer is "simple": in your opinion who finances these large ecological groups and the green political parties?

It is up to us to show that a more intelligent ecology is possible !!
0 x