EPR?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/04, 10:10

I just received this email:

CYBER @CTION
(in collaboration with the Cyber ​​@ctors Network):

The EPR nuclear reactor will not pass!
Call for citizen resistance.

Through this cyber action, you will make your opinion known to Gaëtan Le Corvec, Director of the Flamanville nuclear power plant in Basse-Normandie, the site announced to build the first batch of the EPR reactor, the first step towards the renewal of the French fleet of nuclear center.

HOW TO ACT?

IT'S VERY EASY: ONE MINUTE IS ENOUGH!
YOU TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING 6 STEPS:

1- Open a new email indicating the following two emails (one to the Director of Flamanville and one to Cyber ​​@cteurs to measure the impact of this cyber @ction):

gaetan.le-corvec@edf.fr
cyberactors@wanadoo.fr
It is automatic by clicking here:

or here
Check that both addresses appear.
2- Copy in this new mail the text below which appears in blue between the ############
3- Indicate at the end of the text: your name, first name, address and city.
4- Add the subject to the email: "No to the EPR, Yes to the alternatives!" or again: "The EPR will not pass!"
5- Click on "Send"
6- Bravo and thank you very much for participating!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
Mr. Director of the Flamanville power station,

I want to share with you my deep dissatisfaction with the decision to build an EPR nuclear reactor. This project is expensive, dangerous and unnecessary. Before embarking on this dead end, EDF would have done well to consult its users who, according to various surveys, are overwhelmingly opposed to the construction of new nuclear reactors. This is a crucial issue that will sustainably structure our society with the renewal of our fleet of nuclear power plants.

On my behalf and on behalf of future generations, I ask you to give up the EPR.
A real public service, at the service of the public, should have energy saving and renewable energies as priorities, and not the invitation to ever more consumption of electricity (electric heating, air conditioning, etc.)

I inform you of my decision to participate in the great national campaign of citizen resistance launched by the Network "Sortir du nuclear".

Relying on your written answer, please believe, Director of the Flamanville power station, in my determination.

Your name, first name and address
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Beyond this cyber action,
what is this campaign and how to participate?

The network "Sortir du nuclear" launched an "administrative block" of EDF to obtain the cancellation of the construction of the EPR nuclear reactor. The "Sortir du Nucléaire" network has launched a new, original and original national campaign of citizen resistance, the objective of which is to force EDF management to abandon the construction of the EPR nuclear reactor. It involves arriving at an "administrative block" of EDF by the simultaneous implementation by thousands of citizens of several simple and legal measures:
- cancel all direct debits (monthly payments, etc.)
- no longer use the TIP (Interbank payment voucher)
- pay your electricity bill with several checks of different amounts (but whose total corresponds exactly to that of the bill).
- waiting for the deadline to post checks requires EDF to send a reminder letter.
The implementation of these measures by thousands of citizens should lead to an administrative bottleneck and, from an accounting point of view, the situation will soon be completely unmanageable.

This action, of indefinite duration, is planned until EDF's management finally takes into account:
- the largely majority citizen opposition to the construction of the EPR nuclear reactor,
- the requirement for massive investments in energy savings and the development of renewable energies.

This campaign is not directed either against EDF staff or against public service: the Network's previous campaign "Sortir du nuclear" was also entitled "For a real public electricity service without nuclear power". EDF has just been transformed into a public limited company by the very people who want to relaunch nuclear power (the government and EDF leaders).
The "Sortir du nuclear" network also addressed EDF employees to reiterate its demand for the overhaul of the public electricity service: decentralized, deconcentrated and denuclearized.

The document allowing you to participate in the administrative blocking of EDF is also available on the internet (you can in particular download the user manual and the model card to send to EDF with your various checks) on the following site:
http://www.sortirdunucleaire.org

Colored paper documents for this campaign, drawn in large quantities, can be ordered free of charge - even in quantity - directly from: rezo@sortirdunucleaire.org
Please specify the desired quantity and the precise delivery address.

Thank you for your action alongside us.

Philippe Brousse, Network "Sortir du nuclear" - Federation of nearly 698 associations.
Alain Uguen, Animator of the Cyber ​​@cteurs Network.
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 10/12/04, 11:43

Hmm ....
this kind of mail, just like 'non-spam' in another thread, I'm not for ...

1 ° - before even a hundred identical emails will be received, they will either be filtered directly by the EDF smtp server, or the mailbox will be deleted.
2 ° - at that time, only the other address, that of wanadoo, will receive emails, if wanadoo does not filter (there are robots that detect this kind of practice) and cyber @ cteur will only have its good time to measure the impact (this kind of counting is very easy to falsify)
3 ° - they don't care anyway they decided and they will
4 ° - how many will send the email? how many will follow the blockade guidelines? 1% of their customers? I would rather say 1 per thousand ... a drop of water in my opinion

I know that I am not constructive with my words, but that's what I think. In my opinion, there are 2 solutions to get out of this energy ignorance crisis:

1 ° - wait for the end of the oil and gas reserves but it may be too late
2 ° - to interfere in the political life and in the big industries (by lying about our objectives, inevitably), to reach the summits and there to make a blow of brilliance (almost of state except that it will be almost legal)

the 2 being difficult to achieve, let's pray!

I do not believe in general and / or political awareness

sniff ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/04, 13:45

Completely agree with you SuperForm ... especially the 3 ° ... (except for SMTP, it's POP right?) .. I would add that this allows the cyber actor to obtain a database of mail very important .... for what purposes? When we see how their site is oriented: "give us" ... We can doubt their real goals ...

By cons for the second 2 ° I do not think that the leaders / decision makers are naive at this point .... and I still believe that it is the consumers who, awake, could really make things happen .... Example boat : they will no longer manufacture 4x4s if they no longer sell ... Obviously the converse is also valid: the consumer cannot buy what has not been manufactured ...
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 10/12/04, 15:33

Compared to SMTP / POP ...

in fact the POP allows to recover the messages which are on the server, but they were put su this server via the protocol ... SMTP! the one we use to send emails

so the best is to delete messages arriving on the server via SMTP ...

As for the subject, the real problem is that although a majority of citizens are in favor of alternative solutions, only a small minority give themselves the means ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/04, 11:00

Francis I was not talking about the sortirdunucléaire site but about the one: http://www.cyberacteurs.org/acteurs/index.php
at the origin of the action and which collects all the emails of the "activists" ...
0 x