EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

by A.D. 44 » 12/01/23, 22:48

Remundo wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote: 
Well, maybe it's time to change the subject:

EDF has no trouble getting through the winter. France is even a power exporter.

now yes because it is very mild and that a few plants have left.

Maybe not for long... : roll:
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/01/23, 23:15

SebastianL wrote:e]

- he does not have to make the community pay for his storage, nor lower the profitability of nuclear power. for this he is free to subscribe to a commercial offer that will put him in touch with EV or other chargers. DimmableCHRG and DimmableINJ are supplied by the "transformer" node.....

Well, you are flying at an altitude where few people can still breathe....
In practice, for an individual, it's already complicated to choose between tariffs with say a maximum of 6 different horo-seasonal tariffs. In general it's base or HP/HC, sometimes WE hours, I've also seen a rate with "super-off-peak" hours between 2am and 6am if I remember correctly, Tempo with 6 different rates in the year.
So, your ideas with automatic reduction of drawdown power or limitation of PV injection according to what is happening on the network and dynamic pricing, for an individual, you can make a thesis of it and it will certainly be interesting to put on a shelf .
This kind of optimization only concerns very large consumers who are able to devote resources to this type of market activity.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 12/01/23, 23:33

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:e]

- he does not have to make the community pay for his storage, nor lower the profitability of nuclear power. for this he is free to subscribe to a commercial offer that will put him in touch with EV or other chargers. DimmableCHRG and DimmableINJ are supplied by the "transformer" node.....

Well, you are flying at an altitude where few people can still breathe....
In practice, for an individual, it's already complicated to choose between tariffs with say a maximum of 6 different horo-seasonal tariffs. In general it's base or HP/HC, sometimes WE hours, I've also seen a rate with "super-off-peak" hours between 2am and 6am if I remember correctly, Tempo with 6 different rates in the year.
So, your ideas with automatic reduction of drawdown power or limitation of PV injection according to what is happening on the network and dynamic pricing, for an individual, you can make a thesis of it and it will certainly be interesting to put on a shelf .
This kind of optimization only concerns very large consumers who are able to devote resources to this type of market activity.

There is no complication for the user, why do we have "hourly" packages?
Simply because the rules must be written in the linky because the linky's communication rate is limited.
With my smart grid, which is just one more option, not mandatory, the user just has to subscribe to a subscription whose fixed price varies according to the priority he wishes to have in "tense" periods. . Once he has his subscription, the commercial rules for modification on the fly are also entered directly in the linky.
Afterwards we can also do nothing (software development is too hard lol), and not take advantage of renewable energy for mobility, collectively suffer the shared cost of gas storage and pay for overpriced public charging terminals, inevitably under effective
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/01/23, 00:26

SebastianL wrote:There is no complication for the user, why do we have "hourly" packages?

To know at what time or on what day the rates change, and thus be able to adapt your consumption in a somewhat programmed way, of course! I know, it might sound basic, but for the average individual, it's usually enough.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 13/01/23, 00:58

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:There is no complication for the user, why do we have "hourly" packages?

To know at what time or on what day the rates change, and thus be able to adapt your consumption in a somewhat programmed way, of course! I know, it might sound basic, but for the average individual, it's usually enough.

Absolutely, if the user needs to be reassured, he chooses the classic hourly package, but an informed user will easily understand that dynamic pricing will cost him less on average because he will have valued his hot water tank, his EV in equivalent battery and that his supplier will be able to provide him with a better average price.

The worst is that it is enough to develop a linky solution with us, and to publish a generic solution detailing this standard so that it snowballs throughout Europe, which will greatly reduce the production holes for the nuclear industry french that can work in base.
It's euro compatible time to release this deadly European Commission, whose only success was to produce a technical standard for the USB port.
Even with a frexit, we will continue to import and export electricity so we might as well take advantage of this liberalization of the rte network to get out of the clutches of edf, which only sees its short-term interest; if the enr are doing well, I sell less power plants and electricity, which is completely stupid
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/01/23, 12:12

SebastianL wrote:and that his supplier will be able to provide him with a better average price.

It's completely theoretical, because the corollary of your diagram is that the said supplier has a supply mainly based on short-term purchases at the "market price", and not a more classic supply based on stacking contracts (and/or its own production) with more or less long term supplemented by a minority share of purchases at the "market price".
I let you imagine what it would have been like in recent months for someone who would have signed a contract like the one you are proposing....
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 13/01/23, 18:25

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:and that his supplier will be able to provide him with a better average price.

It's completely theoretical, because the corollary of your diagram is that the said supplier has a supply mainly based on short-term purchases at the "market price", and not a more classic supply based on stacking contracts (and/or its own production) with more or less long term supplemented by a minority share of purchases at the "market price".
I let you imagine what it would have been like in recent months for someone who would have signed a contract like the one you are proposing....

It's true that this market price is a mess: as Fabien Gay has described it well, we sell all the electricity at the same price, so it's impossible to value any storage. it's been a while since I noticed this aberration, on the one hand everyone says we don't know how to store electricity but even by finding we can't finance the solution through the market price!

I think that dynamic pricing is the only way to recreate the value of storage, and by extension the valuation of a controllable source of electricity. With my smart grid, it is the customer who decides at what price he agrees to store, this decision-making power will lower the price of renewables when they are of little use to a majority, whereas today it is injected at a market price with systematic customer approval to purchase electricity.
When we took advantage of off-peak hours with EDF, it seemed logical to everyone that EDF would lower its price to encourage storage at night.
As long as we don't have the same logic with ENR, we won't want to store in phase with the weather and we will have to resort to massive backup

For the pricing at the level of my "smartgrid" I need to think about it more.
At first glance and probably the simplest, I will see a daily customer kwh rate but directly indexed to the 2 variables dimmINJ and dimmCHRG so as to build the incentive to consume in phase with the weather. Linky would have a consumption index, counted in "daily" kwh and the supplier could find its children in the operation.
5 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/01/23, 18:52

I'm not very communist, but this Mr. GAY is absolutely right.
3 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/01/23, 19:07

SebastianL wrote:It is true that it is a beautiful mess this market price:

You're very nice, but at some point you have to find a certain coherence at the level of the complete system, "your" smart grid is only a brick.
The economic model of "your" smart grid can only work on the basis of substantial and repetitive short-term deviations in market prices.
So no need to talk about "nice shit", either we have a very short-term marginal price set by a stock exchange which, perhaps imperfectly, sets a price resulting from supply and demand at a given moment, or we return to monopolistic systems where it is the monopoly operator, regulated by the State, who says what is the right price for electricity delivered on such a day and at such a time of the year.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 13/01/23, 19:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:It is true that it is a beautiful mess this market price:

You're very nice, but at some point you have to find a certain coherence at the level of the complete system, "your" smart grid is only a brick.
The economic model of "your" smart grid can only work on the basis of substantial and repetitive short-term deviations in market prices.
So no need to talk about "nice shit", either we have a very short-term marginal price set by a stock exchange which, perhaps imperfectly, sets a price resulting from supply and demand at a given moment, or we return to monopolistic systems where it is the monopoly operator, regulated by the State, who says what is the right price for electricity delivered on such a day and at such a time of the year.

The subtle difference is that injection into the network requires a "voluntary" customer opposite, which gives a real market price.
Of course, the market price will make very significant differences, but this is due to the non-correlation of natural uses with that of the ENR weather.
The only goal of my smartgrid is the best possible allocation of client storage, where there is the most added value and to reduce the backup cost.
Overall it is an economy for the end user.
If we manage to ensure that the VE + ENR are self-sufficient over 24 hours, that also means that EDF will be able to make contracts by mutual agreement to industrialists 24 hours a day because it will have less need and interest to rescue intermittently the ENRs. It will provide a smooth base of support and will be able to agree with its industrialists for compensation.
1 x