Lower taxes: a liter of gasoline to less than € 0,6 !!!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

Lower taxes: a liter of gasoline to less than € 0,6 !!!

by nonoLeRobot » 01/04/08, 00:20

It is quite surprising, it is based on the Swedish economic and ecological model where petrol is highly zero-rated in order to allow people to invest in ecological products.

It seems to be working very well, and at a time when the president needs to improve his image, a decree is passed in order to drastically reduce the taxes on petrol and diesel. In the coming days, gasoline at the pump will be less than 60 cents and diesel less than 45 cents !!! Good news for those who were struggling to make ends meet.

See the official decree

See why it works in Sweden
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 01/04/08, 09:21

With the title alone, we could already see the fins sticking out of the screen!
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 01/04/08, 09:53

Contagious tax history:

Japan gas tax abruptly sows confusion

A political imbroglio in Japan on Tuesday led to the sudden disappearance of a fuel tax, causing confusion at service stations and raising fears of a dangerous rush for gasoline.

The emergency services have issued a warning to consumers who would be tempted to fill jerry cans to take advantage of the temporarily low prices, recalling that the gasoline evaporates and ignites easily.

Gasoline prices, which were around 150 yen (0,97 euro) per liter, dropped sharply by 25 yen per liter after a special wholesale price tax expired on March 31 at midnight. in force since 1974. This tax is normally renewed from year to year, but this was not the case this time due to the political blockage that Japan is currently experiencing.

Some service stations immediately passed the disappearance of the tax on their sales prices, causing queues of motorists eager to take advantage of the bargain, found an AFP journalist.

"We simply reduced the price by 25 yen to meet customer expectations," said Seiji Sakurai, manager of a Tokyo gas station that consumers stormed in the April sun after posting a tariff. of 119 yen per liter.

"It's terribly cheap!", Rejoices Megumi Tanaka, a customer who waits in the long line of cars in front of the pump. "I don't need to hold back from buying gas anymore," she exclaims.

The majority of establishments - nearly 80% according to the Nikkei business daily - have however decided to maintain the previous prices for a few days. "We have to sell our stocks already built up before reducing gasoline prices, otherwise we will suffer losses," said Joji Kawakami, manager of a service station in central Tokyo.

"The current political blockage is really unfortunate. It's hard to explain to customers the future prospects of gasoline prices," he complains.

One of his clients, Koji Nishikawa, is compassionate. "I am sorry for the managers of gas stations who are under pressure to cut their prices," he said, lambasting politicians.

"I wonder if politicians really care about the day-to-day well-being of people. It looks like they only care about their partisan interests," he criticizes.

The imbroglio illustrates the weakening of the conservative government of Yasuo Fukuda, struggling to pass any law due to the obstruction of the Senate, controlled since last year by the center-left opposition.

The proceeds of the gasoline tax, introduced on a "temporary" basis in 1974 and continued until now, were used to finance road works in Japan. The opposition saw it as a symbol of patronage, in a country where politicians have the annoying habit of buying votes in the provinces in exchange for major infrastructure projects.

The opposition demanded that the proceeds of the tax be paid into the general state budget. Not having obtained satisfaction, it blocked its renewal in the Senate. Fukuda calculates that dropping the tax will result in a shortfall of 2.600 trillion yen (16 billion euros) a year for the state.

The government can override it by having this tax voted by two-thirds of the Chamber of Deputies, where it has an overwhelming majority. But it should take several more weeks, during which the country's petrol stocks are likely to be devalued.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 01/04/08, 09:59

Yep, it does not go in the direction of reducing the consumption of fossil fuels.

The energies must be more expensive for the populasse to invest in the green.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/04/08, 10:01

Yes, Maloche, but on the other hand, how can you hope to dare to invest if "the system" plumes "everything" and at the end of the month you are systematically on the straw?

Now how to control the investment?

In the same genre also read: https://www.econologie.com/forums/prix-des-c ... t5109.html
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 01/04/08, 10:32

Yes but hey there in Japan the 16 billion lost they will take them elsewhere, VAT? income tax, charges on employees? I'm not sure (to put it mildly) that it will be a winner, and in addition a large part of the additional money spent on oil will go abroad for import !! Which will do nothing.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/04/08, 10:42

Free the taxes! : Cheesy:
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 01/04/08, 11:02

If you think that the states and the oil companies are just one entity, a nasty system, of course. But if one takes a little account of the public / private difference, it is not normal that it is the State, in financial difficulty, which decreases its levies on gasoline while the profits of the oil companies increase.

Well, I think that countries like Sweden have a much smaller budget deficit than we do, but still.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 01/04/08, 12:01

However, it should be noted that:
1-Fuel levies increase in volume with the increase in the price of a barrel or rather the price at the pump: 80% of € 100 is always better than 80% of € 50.

2-Accepting the tax policy of fuel levies on the pretext that the State is in financial difficulty is to be a bit naive. Because the state does not do much to stop the debt, it is only to see the government lifestyle.
In addition, as I pointed out on other subjects, there is no real political will to develop alternatives to all oil. Nuclear is one, but it does not solve everything and remains very controversial.

3-Regarding the royalties of oil companies, let's not forget that we are in a capitalist society where money leads the world; their goal is not to make patronage but well to make as much profit as possible.
That said, for the consumer's info, perfect transparency would be very welcome.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/04/08, 12:09

The State in financial difficulties ...sorry but the excuse is too easy!

I repeat: the State earns 3 times more than oil tankers on each liter of oil sold in France (not to mention taxes on oil tankers) BUT this only represents 15% of VAT !!

Is it a little easy to always spend more than you have and thus legitimize a perpetual increase in taxes? What I see above all is that in France, public money is VERY far from being used judiciously.

Do you want to talk about urban development and large construction works that cost billions, new museums (useful but are they a priority in a so-called context of such a great economic crisis?), The lighting of the tower eiffel 365/365, the interior design of the new TGV made by a GREAT couturier (for a result that an intern could have done), the constant increase in the SALARIES of members of the government, etc etc ... ?

So stop fooling around, the French state is rich, very rich ...

Then PSYCHOLOGICALLY it is MANDATORY that a State is in deficit otherwise it would be MANDATORY to lower taxes ...

Mismanagement, lies and collusion.

Here is what currently sums up the functioning of the French State ... The French State which is currently declaring itself bankrupt is pure and simple mental swindle ...
0 x