Decline in oil prices of 2015 2016-Why?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 22/01/16, 14:54

Some were planted in their old predictions of scarcity:

The world is drowning in oil

http://fr.express.live/2016/01/22/37344/

the world is upside Dizzy:

Too much oil to the point of not being able to store :

Negative interest rates

too much money :

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/01/16, 16:24

However, the old estimates are not taken into account, their validity is only affected by a change in consumption and some new reserves.
The most important point you raise is:
-Too much money.
An accumulation of abstract value at such levels that there are no longer the two conditions necessary for its increased reproduction: an abundance of new products to be launched on the market and the corresponding quantity of solvent consumers (because massively driven out of employment by new technologies).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/16, 21:37

It won't last ...

I think that the prices are voluntarily lowered at this moment also to stifle the IS ... on that Iran which returns to the market is something else ...

We will talk about it in 1 year ok?

This spectacular fall deserves a subject ...
0 x
Remundo

Re: Fall in the price of oil from 2015-2016, why?

by Remundo » 13/03/16, 10:45

an interesting article from 2000W.org which shows the order of magnitude of the costs of barrel extraction in different areas of the world.

This shows very quickly what is economically exploitable and what is not depending on the price of the barrel. And also which are the robust countries, and which are the small players in flow of certain soothing media hype ...
Source
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/03/16, 12:04

Who would do well to "stifle" ISIS?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/03/16, 12:29

After the "crisis" linked to too expensive oil, here we are in the opposite situation ... irony of the story when you hold us ...
Good news, this trend has greatly diminished the lobbies' desire to plunder the Arctic and northern Canada, it's always about winning!
Interesting point to note: the instability of the world market causes a cycle of acceleration / deceleration of the market: low oil = economy on energy, which favors the "recovery" and allows a slight "recovery" (but there is antagonisms) which is quickly sanctioned by an increase in the price of a barrel ... which again leads to a slowdown in the economy creating an undulating plateau on which we must adapt, and to adapt we must change the world employment and establish a policy of "flexible employment or "flexi-security, hence the law Valls,sorry El Khomri... :(
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/03/16, 12:38

what keeps oil at low cost is Saudi Arabia which overproduces on demand from the Yankees (the initial objective being to collapse revenues from Russia, and to a lesser extent from Venezuela), and take over above in Syria.

For Venezuela, the country is bankrupt, well done Uncle Sam. For the Russian Bear, it's a little more complicated ...

To this increase in supply was added a drop in demand, by the contraction of the Chinese economy, as well as that of Europe whose growth almost nil.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/03/16, 13:12

Pay attention to the semantics! Flexi-security is a "film-coated" word (as pharmacists say), the term "security" should not be taken literally, it would be better to translate it as "petroleum jelly".
I am not so sure that it is this "corrugated iron" which implies this regrettable adaptation, I see it rather an opportunistic maneuver resulting from a balance of power lastingly favorable to the ruling classes and who are striving to win little by little the ground (going too fast would raise too much resistance).
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/03/16, 15:45

Ahmed wrote:Pay attention to the semantics! Flexi-security is a "film-coated" word (as pharmacists say), the term "security" should not be taken literally, it would be better to translate it as "petroleum jelly".

Flexicurity= flexibility of workers and security of profits of large monopoly companies, which is the complete opposite of what is officially announced.

I am not so sure that it is this "corrugated iron" which implies this regrettable adaptation, I see it rather as an opportunistic maneuver resulting from a balance of power lastingly favorable to the ruling classes and who are striving to gain little by little the ground (going too fast would raise too much resistance).

I do not think that this is a balance of power favorable to the oligarchy, just an adjustment variable for an unstable system.
Because more flexibility in work is synonymous with more precariousness, except financial precariousness does not favor banks, nor consumption in the long term, so it is a very bad calculation, (if calculation there is, what I doubt very much because it's been a long time since there are no more people in charge. :| )

Being fired overnight does not allow you to go into debt heavily to acquire real estate for example.
For some time now, we have seen a drop in rents, a logic resulting from the increase in job insecurity.
Similarly, flexible employment does not guarantee the future, which ultimately condemns large-scale investment for major national projects (eg Macron law which severely weighs down on SNCF).
I think the flexi-asshole corresponds precisely to the complete absence of planning by our elites who no longer understand much about what is going on.
It’s another consequence of the effect of the red queen: the multiplication of retro-actions leads to environmental instability to which we must constantly readjust, which promotes the precariousness of employees and the waltz (sic!) of companies, laws and ministers!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/03/16, 17:31

I do not believe that it is necessary to reason in the terms of the previous operation (although a part obviously remains valid). In reality, the oligarchy, since the 80s has gradually taken over the advantages granted to employees and citizens due to a more favorable balance of power: unemployment has done a lot in this sense (in truth, it is first of all a consequence before being cause).
State debts are a good investment for institutional and private investors, since ensuring a high and risk-free income (the Holy Grail!). A massive orientation towards the financial industry makes it possible (temporarily) to ignore consumers ...
One of the proofs of the paradigm shift is that the employees and workers were never employed by the companies because of the compassion of the bosses, but because they represented a source of enrichment. Today, they are fired for the same reasons and automation does not explain everything ...
The creation of abstract value ex nihilo and the nec plus ultra of the capitalist illusion, much more effective than all the other previous forms, although signifying its terminal stage.
0 x