Nuclear disaster narrowly avoided in Sweden?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 07/09/06, 15:37

with a visa of 6 months no more, after leaving there.
I went to Monté renauzo (in Corsica 3 years ago) and there were always traces: it hangs these beasts there !!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 29/12/07, 18:32

renaud67 wrote:with a visa of 6 months no more, after leaving there.
I went to Monté renauzo (in Corsica 3 years ago) and there were always traces: it hangs these beasts there !!

Yes, but we quickly forget the consequences.

A large number of cases of cancer and other thyroid diseases in Corsica which occurred after the Chernobyl cloud, are not recognized as a consequence of this event (recent judgment) and yet the sheep did graze the grass well after the passage of the cloud and rain that fell on Corsica in the spring of 1986.

Do not lose sight of the initial message of this post in August 2006 posted by Christophe:

Via the Sortir du Nucléaire network. To be taken with the usual precautions ...

Europe passed on the brink of the nuclear disaster on July 25, 2006 due to a short circuit that caused the blackout of a reactor at Forsmark in Sweden. According to the former manager of this plant, "It is the most dangerous event since Harrisburg and Chernobyl".

While the very serious failure of the Swedish reactor has hit the headlines in Europe, we have heard very little about it in France. The “Get Out of Nuclear” Network therefore sheds light on the most serious event linked to a nuclear reactor since the Chernobyl explosion, exactly 20 years ago.

On July 25 at the Forsmark nuclear power plant (Sweden) a short circuit in the power plant's external electrical network caused the loss of electrical power to reactor no. 1. The reactor was then stopped suddenly due to the power outage. All the screens in the control room went off simultaneously: the operators were left without the controls in front of an uncontrolled and uncontrollable reactor. One solution to avoid core meltdown: start up the four generators to supply electricity to the reactor cooling pumps. But none started spontaneously as it should have done as soon as a failure of the external power supply occurs. It looks like the generator batteries have been affected by the short circuit. Since the reactor could no longer dissipate its heat, it heated up, the water level in the primary circuit dropped by two meters and the pressure plummeted to 12 bars while it must remain at 70 bars.

(Uh it is not the opposite that occurs during a warm-up ??? a maybe it is because of the lack of pressure of the pumps? ...)

Under these conditions the major accident is only a matter of minutes. However, it will take 23 minutes for the team in place to finally manage to manually start two backup generators. 23 minutes during which the operators did not know if the reactor was really shut down and if their actions had the desired consequences [2]. Why did only two out of four generators finally start when the four generators were of the same design?

We still ignore it.

You are never sure of anything, but there is no smoke without fire.

Of course, since August 2006, there has been much talk of CO2 and global warming ..... and no more of the ozone layer or nuclear risk.

What if we skillfully manipulated the people to make them swallow the nuclear snake?

...... by the way, a little reminder on Chernobyl:

https://www.econologie.com/tchernobyl--l ... -2819.html
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 29/12/07, 18:41

No risk

Our national Playboy ... hum hum sorry INTERNATIONAL is doing it

We are already having trouble reprocessing our own waste
We are going to do more than 35 hours to treat those from Libya and now from Egypt ... And yes as soon as our Boy travels or receives he sells power plants ....

Does he also sell them the instructions for using the waste
- conventional SALE bomb
- storage in the beautiful desert
- immersion in the Mediterranean sea

Freaking me out
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Nuclear disaster narrowly avoided in Sweden?

by Chatham » 30/12/07, 10:34

Christophe wrote:Last July 25 at the Forsmark nuclear power plant (Sweden) a short circuit in the power plant's external electrical network caused the loss of electrical power to reactor no. 1. The reactor was then stopped suddenly due to the power outage. All the screens in the control room went off simultaneously: the operators were left without the controls in front of an uncontrolled and uncontrollable reactor. One solution to avoid core meltdown: start up the four generators to supply electricity to the reactor cooling pumps. But none started spontaneously as it should have done as soon as a failure of the external power supply occurs. It appears that the generator batteries have been affected by the short circuit.

Under these conditions the major accident is only a matter of minutes. However it will take 23 minutes for the team in place to finally manage to manually start two backup generators.

Yep info to be taken with tweezers ... especially when you know that the external electrical network (production therefore) has no direct link with that of the reactor and the control room, since we go from first through transformers.
During an emergency shutdown, the control rods fall by gravity, and the power of the reactor collapses very quickly: hs cooling circuit melting of the sheaths is probable, but not that of the reactor (no "chernobil" ) ... the start-up of the emergency groups, which are completely isolated from the rest of the circuits, is immediate, their power being rated in a few seconds (the motors are permanently heated).
This for the French power stations ... the Swedish I don't know ...
0 x