Differences between electric heating and others (price)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 05/03/14, 21:00

Hello!
it is true that we must not pay too much attention to brands, just do not take the least expensive (often m ...). You have to find a product that is well dimensioned with the house, the insulation, and if possible the aesthetics.

Month I always recommend the heated floor in the living rooms (kitchen + living room) and radiators in the other rooms. It is the most economical in energy (the heated floor consumes much less than the radiators for the same comfort). In addition, the room radiators can remain closed or almost closed and are seldom used. In living rooms, it stays constantly hot thanks to the great inertia of the heated floor.

For the type of energy I agree with chatelot: electrical efficiency is always 100%. Wood is between 50 and 80% with good combustion and modern materials. Gas is 90%. Fuel oil is 90% with a new boiler, 70% in an old boiler.
0 x
The energy is unlimited, it is not a problem, man is the problem!
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partag ... xfBlcC.doc
matt988
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by matt988 » 06/03/14, 18:00

It is difficult to count on a value of increase in electricity because some speak of 5% and others of 10% difficult to make a numerical simulation.
Other energies will also increase but it is also difficult to count on the value of the increase
What is your opinion on this subject?

Regarding wood and electric boilers, do they have the same performance throughout their life?

Thanks for your help
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 06/03/14, 21:00

The electric boiler always has an efficiency of 100%, old or not. The wood boiler requires maintenance, mainly sweeping, cleaning the ashes. If you have good stuff and take care of it, it ages very well! The advantage of electric is the absence of storage, efficiency, and the absence of any maintenance. Wood is cheaper, greener, but requires a lot of time (refill, ashtray, maintenance ...) and space for wood.
I find the mixture of the two quite attractive: a good coat has 80% yield in the living room which is lit once a day in winter. Electricity with a heat pump. Dual energy is always a very good choice! If one breaks down, the other is there!
0 x

eric999
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by eric999 » 07/03/14, 21:32

House of 110m² on the ground + mezzanine therefore total of 140m²

Insulation with a coefficient of R = 10 at the ceiling of the mezzanine (20 * 20 crossed) and a coefficient of 7 at the ceiling of the rooms (30 cms of rock wool jetrock)

On the ground 80 mm of TMS with a coefficient R = 3.7

On the wall, 160mm isover with a coefficient of 5 + brick wall

A study has been done and I am advised to install a power of 7500 Kw

Altitude: 840 meters in the Haute Loire
Basic outdoor temperature: -14 ° C
Permeability: 1.3

In your opinion, I should count on what consumption? because I don't know if 7500 kwh is a consistent value to make my amortization table

I'm not sure how to calculate

Thank you
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 08/03/14, 07:25

You must understand that these 7500 w are the maximum power necessary for very cold weather! Your house is pretty well insulated.
To get an idea of ​​your consumption, you have to look for cases roughly like yours (neighbor, local friends ...) but you will have an idea only, it depends on so many parameters that it is very difficult to accurately estimate your annual consumption. (Heating temperature, heating time per day, length of winter, insulation, thermal pond ...).
If you try to calculate, you will waste your time, because rare are those who just fall!
Pence although having two different energies to heat is very appreciable! if one energy becomes too expensive, you can use the other more.
0 x

matt988
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by matt988 » 08/03/14, 19:04

Hello,

I understand that it is difficult to accurately estimate my consumption but I just want an idea.

Is it rather towards the 7500Kw, rather 10000kw or then 16000Kw.

The problem is that towards my house, there are only old houses badly insulated
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 08/03/14, 20:38

Well I would say at least 10000 and at most 20000 kWh / year for heating alone. If you have hot water too, you will have to tell about 20000. But that's orders of magnitude!
0 x

Did67

by Did67 » 10/03/14, 14:22

Warning ! Start by clarifying two things:

to the power installed; is measured in kW (or W), without "hours"; you need to install "some power" to face the coldest foreseeable. It's a thing. This is calculated according to the surfaces of the walls in contact with the outside and according to their insulation.

That doesn't tell you anything about your average consumption !!

b) energy consumed on average per year (heating season); it is an energy which is counted in kWh (with "hour" therefore). It will depend on each winter therefore on the weather.

Your heating with an installed power of 7 W (this will not change if it is electric heaters; it is the device that "is like that") will consume 500 Wh = 7 kWh for one hour if it works continuous during one hour.

What it will do only very very rarely, if it is very very cold. The rest of the time, it will turn on / off, ect ...

So it will consume:

- 0 kWh in summer
- e.g. 0,5 kWh if it is very mild (it will run for a few minutes)
- for example 2 kWh if it is a little cold (it will run 3 min over 10 min)
- for example 5 kWh when it is very cold (it will work 7 minutes out of 10)
- for example 7,5 kWh for the coldest expected (for example - 20 °) (it will operate 10 minutes out of 10)

This is why we should not confuse the kwh consumed and the kW installed. Otherwise, we will no longer get along.

c) Your consumption, you can deduct it from the "thermal classification of your house"; if it is up to standard, correctly built, it will be around 50 kWHep / M² / year. It's the law. So for 140 m², that will give you 7 kWh (with "hour") per year.

d) and I come back to the starting point: if you respect this standard, you should not exceed 7 kWh ofprimary energy a year.

That's what the law says.

So, as in France, to produce 1 kWh of electricity, you need an average of 2,58 kWh of primary energy, therefore energy at the start, you would only be "entitled" to 7 kWh / 000 d electricity to your meter to heat you.

[chatelot is right, it very strongly depends on the origin of the electricity; but we decided to take the average for everyone, the electrons flowing in all directions!]

Or if you "calculate backwards", by actually consuming 2 kWh (700 / 7) at the electric meter, your house will have consumed the 000 kWh of "primary energy" which, according to the law, you are entitled!

But you will be "entitled" to 7 kWh of wood or fuel or gas (there 000 kWh consumed = 1 kWh of primary energy; it is considered that by burning it at home, there is no energy. lost; whereas when you consume 1 kWh of electricity, the power station releases 1 kWh into the air = the big plume of "smoke" - it's water vapor - above the nuclear power station; plume, we blame it on you, in your "heat balance").

It's a bit difficult to understand [although, with a little effort, you get there ...]. I find it logical.
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 11/03/14, 22:04

Nice description! On the other hand if you have 1kw useful with wood, you must Deliver approximately 1.35 kW real or 75% of output, because the losses are big between what leaves by the chimney and the never complete combustion. Gas is the same 90% yield, never 100, it must be taken into account.
0 x

raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 12/03/14, 09:50

I made the statement of consumption of my reversible air conditioning from December 13 to March 12 for a room of 45m2 operating from 7 am to 23 pm average insulation: 351kwh / 89 days or 3.94 kwh day ie 50 euros electricity plus 1,5 cubic meters of willow from the garden.
Particularly mild winter set temperature 21 ° I am in the south-east.
To compare to previous years where I consumed about 6 cubic meters of oak and 2 cubic meters of willow but colder winter.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"