Deuterium and nuclear fusion

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 24/09/08, 09:43

Hello,
However, they resumed the "shots" but nothing is filtering outside:
http://zpinch.sandia.gov/Z/MachStat/machinestatus.html

One shot today at 12:00 local time
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/09/08, 10:07

Bibiphoque wrote:Hello,
However, they resumed the "shots" but nothing is filtering outside:
http://zpinch.sandia.gov/Z/MachStat/machinestatus.html
One shot today at 12:00 local time
@+

Sure it must run dry at Sandia. Meanwhile, with us, it's "Wait and see" ... Poor France! Do not take it badly, C moa, don't you think there is more time to lose, especially if, as you suggest, this kind of editing may take longer than expected?
Last edited by Cuicui the 24 / 09 / 08, 14: 14, 2 edited once.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 24/09/08, 10:14

Hello,
In the shots that were accessible, (2006) we note the presence, certainly not fortuitous of various tests with D2 and D2 + ice, did you see that?
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/09/08, 10:28

In the shots that were accessible, (2006) we note the presence, certainly not fortuitous of various tests with D2 and D2 + ice, did you see that? @ +

You are much better informed than me. I don't know the purpose of this kind of manipulation.
A+
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 24/09/08, 11:16

Hello,
You have to dig a little, it's still accessible:
the list of shots:
http://zpinch.sandia.gov/Z/Docs/f_shotsections_eon.html

And the data: "experiment setup"
Take a look at 1458, for example. You click on "ploter"

The "radjet" are just Xrays.

@+
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 24/09/08, 12:46

You have to dig a little, it's still accessible:
the list of shots:
http://zpinch.sandia.gov/Z/Docs/f_shotsections_eon.html

And the data: "experiment setup"
Take a look at 1458, for example. You click on "ploter"

The "radjet" are just Xrays.

@+

Hello,
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Hey! Hey! Hey! cuicui is certainly immersed in the archives of Sandia lab !! Hope it doesn't burn out !! : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/09/08, 14:26

Bibiphoque wrote:[
Hey! Hey! Hey! cuicui is certainly immersed in the archives of Sandia lab !! Hope it doesn't burn out !! : Mrgreen: @+

Cool ! I don't have the vocation of Joan of Arc!
Too bad these shots date from 2006. And for the moment, I have found only those using tungsten wires, and not those in stainless steel ...
For those who wish to learn about the JPP site, the old links no longer work, for the simple reason that on all these links, you must replace .com by .org
30/05/06 http://www.jp-petit.org/science/Z-machi ... #reactions
http://www.jp-petit.org/science/Z-machi ... _bavay.htm
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/09/08, 15:19

Gramat's French z-machine:

This efficient yet rustic assembly consists of many identical elements, placed on the floor of a hangar the size of a gymnasium, which explains why it can be built quickly (in less than a year, according to the physicist JP PETIT). Nothing to do with a pharaonic (and probably ineffective) project like ITER.
Last edited by Cuicui the 06 / 12 / 09, 10: 53, 5 edited once.
0 x
Illuminated
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Illuminated » 24/09/08, 16:35

The energetic grail is the convergence of two dreams.

- Control thermonuclear fusion (cold, hot, tokamak or Zmachine or lazer megajoule, or other)
- dissociate hydrogen from water with a process with high energy efficiency and low cost (month of 1 USD / kg).

But of course today these are just “dreams”.

Thermonuclear fusion is not yet mastered and many locks must be lifted both in electromagnetic confinement and in inertial confinement (zmachine or megajoule lazer). The best energy yield obtained would be 0,7 per Tore supra (France). ITER aims for an energy efficiency of 10. 30 would be necessary for economic profitability given the complexity of electromagnetic confinement.

For the dissociation of water into hydrogen, the best known process (made public) is alkaline electrolysis. Its energy efficiency is between 60 and 70%. Electricity production from current nuclear (fission) has an energy efficiency of between 30 and 33%.
A water / hydrogen conversion efficiency is obtained between 18% and 23%.
In addition, the cost of converting these two processes combined brings us to USD 4,5 / kg of H2. To speak of stored energy (as for a hydrocarbon), it is necessary to superimpose the compression or liquefaction efficiency of the hydrogen, ie approximately 50%.
The total yield of stored hydrogen is therefore between 9% and 11%. In other words, the clean Energetic carrier hydrogen obtained by dissociation of water is too expensive and the conversion efficiency is too low to develop.

Breaking down these two technological obstacles would constitute an economic catastrophe for the World Compagny which prefers to continue to control the world economy by controlling the economy of the black gold is approximately 20 to 000 billionUSD / year and what so much will taste like petroleum at least 30 years more.

No matter the consequences of the greenhouse effect !! It will only affect the poor…

The Illuminati
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/09/08, 16:55

illuminati wrote:It would be necessary to reach 30 for an economic profitability considering the complexity of the electromagnetic confinement.

This is why it is a safe bet that magnetic confinement (tokamaks of the ITER genus) is a technological dead end. Inertial confinement (magnetic compression) does not have these drawbacks and costs much less. However, we invest massively in the first and not at all in the second. Find the error ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"