Depletion: oil shortage early in 2015?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/04/10, 19:52

Its biotechnological "solutions" are just nonsense.

no, because they are outside organic agricultural areas which they are nonsense, because how much plant or straw is thrown to make grains of wheat or corn or rice !!
We can cultivate algae, or others, in the sea, on deserts etc, outside any agricultural surface and recover all the carbonaceous mass for fuel !!
In any case, we are forced to renew the oxygen (which in photosynthesis comes from water), in an amount equal to what is consumed, because otherwise we will lose this oxygen which is in fairly small quantity in the atmosphere (1 / 2000 of oxygen present in the oceans H2O).
Currently we consume too much of this oxygen by producing too much CO2.
On earth there are enough fossil fuels, coal, oil, methane (clatharates), gas, etc. to burn all the oxygen in the atmosphere !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/04/10, 20:20

No matter where they are "cultivated", the necessary surfaces will induce, as always, modifications to the environment.
The areas to be brought into play will be completely unreasonable, its solutions can only be applied on a small scale, not as an alternative to petroleum.

In addition, as Obamot pointed out, it is still a means (lying) to make people believe that a miracle solution will make it possible to continue living as before, by looting everything ...
In addition, biotechnology is often synonymous with GMOs ... beware of danger!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/04/10, 20:51

Sen-no-sen: I didn't say it exactly like that but I had to think it very strongly : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Yes, that's clearly what we should get out of. This sense of responsibility should be well developed in schools.

On earth there are enough fossil fuels, coal, oil, methane (clatharates), gas, etc. to burn all the oxygen in the atmosphere !!

Dedelco, basically you say the same thing but with other words. So you agree on the substance but not on the method. It does not matter we have (I) understood : Mrgreen:
0 x
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 25/04/10, 21:07

Obamot wrote:To come back to the bottom. There is nevertheless a serious problem of priorities which arises. It would be better to think about the right questions and know if we want to sink into nuclear power, or even into other petroleum wars, by being entangled in a form of military blackmail, in coallions which we do not want. .. And which will inevitably lead to large regional instabilities. Or if we are ready to make concessions for energy choices "Of least impact" ... In every sense of the term.

And WHO do you think will get us into nuclear power?
In any case, the reserves have been greatly over-evaluated, super-phoenix is ​​barely born from its radioactive ashes ... so the problem does not really arise to my knowledge. The power stations are in depletion.
For spelling, I am disorthographic, you will have to get used to it, or filter my posts.
For the peremptory tone, it's the same, I have a pig character. To put it simply, I'm an idiot.
Afterwards, nothing forces you to answer me!
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 16/05/10, 13:53

I read the first page of the subject, my head hurts now ... I think you are speculating on unfounded bases ... we have already been lied to and manipulated, I think we are still doing it now ... to see if there is a real shortage, it will be necessary that the system set up now breaks the mouth and there we will really understand the shortage which threatens us if it is founded !!!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/05/10, 14:50

I read the first page of the subject, my head hurts now ... I think you are speculating on unfounded bases ... we have already been lied to and manipulated, I think we are still doing it now ... to see if there is a real shortage, it will be necessary that the system set up now breaks the mouth and there we will really understand the shortage which threatens us if it is founded !!!

Hello!
It turns out that most of the oil producing countries (Saudi Arabia first) have deliberately lied about their reserves.
There are, moreover, unmistakable signs: why did the unit states attack Iraq and Afghanistan?
Why did the Russians attack Georgia?
If the reserves were so large, why take so many geostrategic risks?

It is necessary to make the difference between the absolute reserve of oil (which is gigantic) and the exploitable reserve at low costs (in process of drying up).
Because at some point, it will be much more economical to use renewable energies (I think this has already been the case for 10 years!).
The manipulation lies precisely in keeping ourselves in the oil ...
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 16/05/10, 18:00

sen-no-sen wrote:

Hello!
It turns out that most of the oil producing countries (Saudi Arabia first) have deliberately lied about their reserves.
There are, moreover, unmistakable signs: why did the unit states attack Iraq and Afghanistan?
Why did the Russians attack Georgia?
If the reserves were so large, why take so many geostrategic risks?

It is necessary to make the difference between the absolute reserve of oil (which is gigantic) and the exploitable reserve at low costs (in process of drying up).
Because at some point, it will be much more economical to use renewable energies (I think this has already been the case for 10 years!).
The manipulation lies precisely in keeping ourselves in the oil ...

I do not agree, need proof to say that ... not speculation ... I say that when the current system will be freaking out then there we can discuss it ... without wanting to be mean

attention I agree that some nations attack other countries for oil ... yes it's true I recognize it
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/05/10, 19:41

attention I agree that some nations attack other countries for oil ... yes it's true I recognize it

And why do you think some nations attack others?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 16/05/10, 21:02

I wouldn't say that tax incentives for insulation, wood heating, solar panels and heat pumps are one way to keep us addicted to oil.
I even find that our policies have done a little too much, but it seems that it was necessary to cause psychological shock. Mission accomplished given that everyone claims to be green now, and this explains the drop in subsidies: people are aware and invest in energy savings even without government assistance. So well done on this one.
Obviously this only concerns the building, but it is the area where the savings are the easiest to make and I find it good policy to invest first where the return on investment will be the fastest.
What we currently lack is an estimate of the effect of the investments made on oil consumption. For example, the customers who bought me a pellet stove reduce their consumption of fuel oil or gas by 75 to 100%. If we consider that they burn just as much in their car, it still makes 35 to 50% reduction in fossil fuel consumption. Ditto for the insulation, practically all the renovation sites that I see are for exterior insulation.
A notable effort is underway to reduce our consumption of fossil energy
Solartec is also an interesting project because it will produce the day when demand is greatest. Production will correspond better to consumption, which will limit current waste (see the controversy with the electricity broker). the gain would then be greater than its production alone.
There is still a lot to do, such as filtering dust from wood smoke, or reducing our trips by encouraging people to live near work. But it seems to me that we should already see the effect of "green" investments on our oil bill.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Depletion: start of oil shortage in 2015?

by moinsdewatt » 08/11/14, 13:21

start of oil shortage in 2015?

No no.

Goldman Sachs lowers oil price forecast

Les Echos Oct 28, 2014

For the beginning of 2015, the American merchant bank expects a price per barrel of light crude oil (WTI) at 75 dollars (against 90 dollars before) and a price of brent at 85 dollars (against 100 dollars so far).

Oil prices fell again yesterday in session, falling below 85 dollars for brent and 80 dollars for WTI. The sector was also heckled on the stock market

http://www.lesechos.fr/journal20141028/ ... 058143.php
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"