Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

by Macro » 27/11/22, 11:33

Christophe wrote:Yeah... so might as well leave a window open since the rest is a sieve anyway?

This was often the case in this house...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/22, 17:35

No loopback.

And for gas hot water, in fact it's not crazy, when I see some at 400 kWh for hot water.

But it's too much, we agree.

Next week, the gas cumulus will be stopped, but the boiler will turn....

For this summer, I will probably look for a 50-80L electric balloon.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/22, 18:35

phil59 wrote:For this summer, I will probably look for a 50-80L electric balloon.

Yes, okay, it would be better to first identify the cause of this overconsumption, especially since it seems almost constant, presence and use or not. If it is indeed and for sure the performance of the water heater that is in question, you will have no regrets in replacing it.

Otherwise, the change to an electric water heater may be worse than the harm.

Moreover, 50-80l, even for two, seems a bit light to me except to let it heat up when it wants, which would be a shame given the "night" rates of the Tempo subscription.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/22, 19:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, okay, it would be better to first identify the cause of this overconsumption, especially since it seems almost constant, presence and use or not. If it is indeed and for sure the performance of the water heater that is in question, you will have no regrets in replacing it.

Otherwise, the change to an electric water heater may be worse than the harm.

Moreover, 50-80l, even for two, seems a bit light to me except to let it heat up when it wants, which would be a shame given the "night" rates of the Tempo subscription.

It's not overconsumption, for this "kind of machine" it's pretty much normal, that's how it is, it's not efficient, unless you're around ten at home.

Nothing prevents the cumulus from heating mainly at night, and taking a few watts during the day, with my solar surplus.

The red days, very expensive by day, it's winter, when the boiler will run a minimum.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/22, 19:12

Let's be clear between us, you do absolutely what you want!
But it's still you who initiated a thread "monitoring cumulus gas consumption", seems to me?
Why?
"We" (the readers of this thread) don't give a damn. We just say to ourselves that maybe you are waiting for suggestions, we make them to you, then you put them in the trash and everything is fine. It is your problem.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/22, 20:06

sicetaitsimple wrote:Let's be clear between us, you do absolutely what you want!
But it's still you who initiated a thread "monitoring cumulus gas consumption", seems to me?
Why?
"We" (the readers of this thread) don't give a damn. We just say to ourselves that maybe you are waiting for suggestions, we make them to you, then you put them in the trash and everything is fine. It is your problem.

I started this thread because I discovered that I had a gas consumption, just for hot water, which is almost constant, whether we are at home or not.

If I had months at 200, and others at 400, it would have seemed less shocking, when on average, that's huge, just for hot water.

It is especially the constancy of consumption, which alerted me, to be able to consult its gas consumption online, by month, with periods when we were not there.

A priori, for this type of hot water, it is not an aberrant consumption, but more in the "normal", we cannot expect much better with that.

The advantage of this device is when you have already had a few parties at home, and find yourself at 20 in the morning, no problem with hot water, at the time, we had not said that we could pull 7 baths per hour on it.

For our daily use, it is an aberration.

In winter, the boiler will provide hot water, no real tank, just 1-3L of provision, and instantaneous water heater.

In some countries, like Germany, it seems to me, your subscription is systematically three-phase at 12 kVA (not sure).

So they have electric instantaneous water heaters.

An electric cumulus for 2 of 50-80L can be sufficient for 2, if you do not take a bath, with a light heating during the day, in addition to the integral heating at night. On the other hand, if there is a bath, nothing prevents the boiler from being put into service occasionally.

There is nothing to prevent either putting the electric cumulus on the water heater outlet of the gas boiler, and exceptionally turning it on.

Make a system like Christophe, one, I'm not sure I know how to do, and two to invest in it.

But I think that for you, the solution won't be quite optimal.... What did you choose?
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/22, 20:37

phil59 wrote:It's not overconsumption, for this "kind of machine" it's almost normal, it's like that, c

Well in this case closed the subject since it is almost normal, it is like that.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/22, 21:21

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ...............
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/22, 23:00

FYI, for those who are interested, a gas balloon, for the pilot light which remains on 24/24, consumes on average a little more than 5 kWh per day.

The insulation of a balloon will be limited by the "chimney", where the calories leave, but a priori, there may be condensation.

Gas, currently, costs less than 10 cents per kWh, and electricity per kWh, for a basic subscription, costs less than 20 cents.

The advantage of gas is to have plenty of hot water, even if there are 10 of us living under the same roof, or even many more.

When I bought this house, I had the memories of the previous one with an electric cumulus, and 4 children at home, and with 200-250 liters, it was very fair at the time.

Today, two at home, an electric cumulus would be much more profitable, with the help of the gas boiler, if there are people, and winter without pb.

But it is a solution for my case.

At one point, I had the idea, to start making apartments in my house, and within a few years, any apartment, and we would leave.

To locate, the attic is more than 100m2 Carrez law. I had the idea of ​​making a total of 6-8 apartments (different projects from 4 to 10, in fact), from 30 to 65m2. For more than 10 people, the 5 kWh standby time of the gas balloon is less frightening than for 2.
0 x

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/11/22, 10:25

Whoa... Let's say 8 apartments you will quickly find yourself with more than 15 people... What's more tenants who will say to themselves it's collective... We don't care... Go Go the showers of 1/2 hour...Your gas accumulation.... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: West ahead...

As long as you turn into a slumber merchant....Each his water meter, each his cumulus, each his elec meter...If you come across casosse that doesn't pay....It's edf and the water service which assumes the losses and which comes to cut...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...