Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption

by sicetaitsimple » 02/11/22, 12:28

phil59 wrote:
I isolated the drain valve a long time ago to the cumulus, as I find that the "nose was hot", but did not make the "tube" tank any longer than it was originally.
I am in a very calcareous region....

By acquired conscience, are you certain not to have a small permanent leak at the level of your security group?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

by phil59 » 02/11/22, 12:40

I'm 99.9% certain of it, it's more horizontal than vertical, and there's a bucket underneath, which I empty every 6 months or so, and which isn't full at all.
He was replaced 3-4 years ago, when I changed the ball.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption

by Macro » 03/11/22, 04:51

phil59 wrote:When I say without drawing water, we left a lot in July August, for periods of 3-7 days at a time, and we can say that we were not at home more than 15 days out of thirty in July August.

In June, almost every weekend we left, and in September not, maybe a weekend.... And October no weekend, but left between the 24th and 29th.

Already you could quite simply cut your cumulus when you are not there. Personally I do it when we leave for a week my 150l winter tank is on the multi-fuel boiler (the one for summer is electric) and when we get back the water is still warm enough to take 2 showers...After we don't leave all only in winter and as the heating is completely cut off too... When we return we don't want to take a shower right away...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/11/22, 09:24

You are right but that is not the question...
It seems to say that it consumes 250 kWh of gas without drawing water, which would correspond to 5 times more than for an electric balloon.
Either he has a big gas leak, or his neighbor is plugged into his circuit...

Or his house is haunted, he should be careful there : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/11/22, 09:32

Cumulus gas= combustion= evacuation of hot combustion gases to the atmosphere = lower efficiency
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/11/22, 10:36

I had taken that at the beginning, because with 4 "females" : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: at home and their baths, it had to heat up very quickly.

And with that, you can shoot up to 7 baths per hour. In fact it is no longer in line with current use.

There, I had 2 pairs of arms that hung the boiler on its support, and I think that by Monday, I will have everything reconnected, with first a few days the production of hot water which will supply the toilets , just to rinse well, then after on the whole house, and in winter, it's not a problem at all.
With any luck, it should be half in consumption, but it will be difficult to verify.

As long as the tp remains > 10°, the wood stove heats the radiators well, and I think the boiler will only run for 15-30 minutes in the morning, to break the cold, and if I can test like that for 15 days , it would be cool, to see the consumption, and maybe I will have an equivalent of 400 kWh over a month? but with a little heating .... THE boiler should only have 2-5L of hot water supply ....

There I can play like that, because I'm at home all day, otherwise the wood alone is not enough to maintain the tp.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/11/22, 11:33

phil59 wrote:the production of hot water which will supply the toilets
Eh ?? : roll:
Install dry toilets, you will solve the problem.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/11/22, 12:31

izentrop wrote:
phil59 wrote:the production of hot water which will supply the toilets
Eh ?? : roll:
Install dry toilets, you will solve the problem.

This is the best way to properly flush the system, it's an OCCAZ boiler. I will do this for about a week.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/11/22, 18:35

Well, I'm pretty happy with myself, yesterday afternoon and today I connected the boiler, and a priori, it works.

Happy with me too, because there is also a good year, when I rode the old one, it was a nightmare with my back bp.

There, we'll see tomorrow, but even if I haven't found my 55 years ( : Lol: ), it's still quite drinkable on the back side, not quite that yet, but I admit, super encouraging...

Good after, it's the gas valve to connect, 2 valves to put on the boiler and to connect, plus a safety group, cold water, hot water, just a few things to screw....

I will give myself until Monday in 8 to stop the cumulus, the time that the hot water production of the boiler is well rinsed.

The boiler will still probably run for 15-30 minutes every morning, the time to light the stove.

Yes, I know, the lamp is very practical to light the candle! : Lol: : Arrow:
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/11/22, 11:28

Sunday morning, I realized that although the boiler was working, the circulator seemed to be running, it was not passing through the radiators.

ON Saturday you are "exhausted", you don't have everything under control, and it's not as good as it looks.

Well, Sunday, not in good enough shape to put myself "under" the boiler, I'm thinking of 2-3 "chips" as "François" would say.

The circulator HS of the boiler, but it seemed to turn.

There's the thermostat, a bit like on cars, and I didn't check before mounting the boiler, but not a problem, to rectify the situation, less hard to check or change on this boiler, than the circulator . See to turn, to do tests.

The three-way valve, a little boring, like the circulator, it forces me to empty a good part of the boiler.

The valves that I put at the outlet of the boiler, and one of which, I lost "the handle" to open and close.

And I start with that this morning.

And of course, actually, on closer inspection, it's only about 10% open.
100% opening, and it heats the radiators well, even if they are already at 40° with the boiler stove.

More fear than harm.

The installation is not finished for all that, it remains to put "my thermostat" controllable, remotely, reconnect my buffer tank to all the circuit, put the solenoid valves back on this tank, I had to turn everything off, to put the stove in directly on the radiators.
A little taf, to optimize all that, but it works at least normally, and we are not yet in a period of real cold.

When the cumulus gas, well, reading everywhere, I have no aberrant consumption, some arrive at around 400 kWh per month.

300 kWh, when gas is cheap, not cool, but cheap.
Today, it's no longer the same story.

For this winter, no worries, the gas boiler will run a little, and indirectly there will be a little hot water maintained, but not much in the tank, and it will be when the hot water is drawn off, that will have to be produced.

The mystery still remains, whether I consume the same thing more or less while being there or not... There is no significant difference.

consumption nov.JPG
conso nov.JPG (86.57 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
0 x