Christophe de Margerie, CEO of Total, died in plane

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/10/14, 10:04

On 24/10/2014 at 10:58 a.m., Le Figaro wrote:[...] Despite the detection of the snow plow by the radars, no dialogue was established between the aircraft crew and the control tower [...] the pilots of the aircraft had clearly seen the snow plow that crossed the runway but did not consider it a "threat", according to the statements of Russian investigators [...]

According to the representative of the Russian experts, Alexei Morozov, "The runway was clear when the take-off clearance was confirmed" to the pilots. But ten seconds later, "The control instruments detected the movement of a snow plow on the left side of the runway towards the crossroads". No dialogue was recorded between the crew of the plane and the control tower, after the authorization to take off, said Thursday Alexei Morozov.

«About 14 seconds after the start of takeoff, the crew observed an object identified by them as a machine crossing the road. The object observed (the snowplow) was not considered a threat by the crew, takeoff continued normally» did he declare.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/2014/10/24/20002-20141024ARTFIG00033-mort-du-pdg-de-total-le-pilote-francais-avait-vu-le-chasse-neige.php

... possibly contradicted by the BEA:
The 25/10/2014 at 08:11 ladepeche.fr postpones the opinion of François Hochard, one of the BEA investigators wrote:What really happened
«Chronologically, the plane rolls towards the waiting point, exchanges with the tower are normal (…) and the air traffic controller gives him permission to line up and take off».

«The pilots carry out some checks and a priori at that time, the track is clear. At take-off, the ground radar did not indicate any vehicle on the runway. So the crew does their checks and starts the takeoff phase, they accelerate».

It is from there that the situation will unfortunately turn to drama.

«Fourteen seconds after the start of acceleration"Continues François Hochard, one of the pilots said:
- "what is this car crossing the track? There is a translation problem because in Russian, the car says machine, so the translation gave what is this machine in the middle of the track? ”»

François Hochard specifies that it is indeed "of a snowplow that crosses the runway without authorization from the tower ".

Snow plow, he says, who “for a completely unknown reason, backs onto the runway when the plane arrives».

So, analyze the expert, “The pilot sees this thing crossing the runway, disappearing, it does not interrupt takeoff. He simply says: "I saw something pass" "And it normally continues takeoff. We know this because the flight recorder tells us that the pilots are making the normal announcements before takeoff. ”.

If you had been in the driver's seat at this point:
- you would not have asked the tower for a clarification on what could well happen on the track?
- you would have taken the risk of taking off by only trusting your intuition as the pilot did?
- or you would have asked for a time out before takeoff to dispel the doubt?

The 25/10/2014 at 08:11 ladepeche.fr postpones the opinion of François Hochard, one of the BEA investigators wrote:Was the collision avoidable?

Could the pilots avoid the snow plow? Interrupt takeoff? "This is ambiguity, explains the BEA. It's the shortcut. They are said to have seen the craft 14 seconds before takeoff. No, they saw a car crossing the track, it's not quite the same. So from the moment the car crossed the track, the track was clear again».

“If the pilots had seen a machine on the runway, then yes, they could have interrupted takeoff. When they see something on the runway, it is something that crosses the runway. What we don't know is why this truck came back on the track? What we don't know either is why the pilot didn't see it? ”

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2014/10/25/1979160-crash-avion-pdg-total-est-vraiment-passe.html

In short, what about the percentage of pilot responsibility? Of the tower? Coordination of services (Since that of the driver of the snowplow is proven), etc. we will soon know.

Well, well ... on the other hand, what amazes me is the speed with which the BEA deals with this file (nothing to evoke a "willful malice", the track of a"organized crime"seems to have already been dismissed from the outset, on the other hand, it must be said that about the decision of the pilot of"take off in a hurry ", despite some imminent potential danger / s for not having waited for the situation to "clear up": which would have taken - given the unfolding of the facts - barely a few tens of seconds: uh ... how to say ... hum ... it's not "too much ..." ??) however in general a crash takes at least a year before someone dares to comment! There, it is all the same a high personality of a strategic sector: nobody finds such eagerness a little ..."suspect"?

It does not suit France, nor the country on which it has "aligned itself" (from Sarko and up to Flamby it is a real Americamania) ... Neither Franco-Russian interests: I think this affair will be quickly (a little quickly) "classified" ... :|

For Cuicui, I maintain that his idea was not far-fetched:
Study report, the Technical Service of Civil Aviation wrote:Object detection systems on aerodrome runways
[...] Currently, debris on the runway, sources of damage, loss of capacity, or even accidents, are identified and removed during visual inspections. [...]
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 25/10/14, 13:10

What's left of the Falcon 50

Death of the boss of Total: what we know about the accident

Christophe de Margerie's Falcon struck the snowplow at 248 km / h when it had already taken off.

Christophe de Margerie will be buried Monday October 27 in private at 17:00 pm in Saint-Pair-sur-Mer (Manche).

http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-fin ... ident.html]
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/10/14, 14:46

0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/14, 11:58

Before I bow down to him - and in this register, the leader of the Greens, Placé, pulverized all the records by greeting "a great captain of French industry very lucid on the situation of the planet" -, I prefer to think of countless victims of planetary abuses by all oil companies.

I spoke above of this "tribute" on twitter of placed, I see that nicolino did not take it on the tone of irony either ... if there was irony to read (I have a doubt...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/14, 21:42

If the margerie accident was not one, we can expect some disturbances on the mistral file: https://fr.news.yahoo.com/le-premier-mi ... ector.html
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 29/10/14, 23:02

Christophe wrote:If the margerie accident was not one, we can expect some disturbances on the mistral file: https://fr.news.yahoo.com/le-premier-mi ... ector.html

Examples of possible disturbances:

The Mistral was destroyed by fire in the port of St-Nazaire. It's already arrived.

The Mistral hits a German mine dating from 14-18 at sea. P ..... of boches!

The Mistral sinks after a collision with an unknown submarine in the process of surfacing. The media hastened to assert that it was a Russian submarine with a stuffed crew.

The Mistral sinks following a violent explosion in the engine room.

Etc. ..

The Russian Mistral, called "Vladivostok", is very poorly protected (?? !!). There is a simple fence and a simple row of barbed wire. Strange ... While access to construction sites of other boats is very guarded.

Nearby, there is the Russian school ship Smolniy.

I photographed the "Vladivostok" on September 7th:

There may already be mines on the hull, posed by combat swimmers ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/10/14, 23:09

Bof me what grieves me the most ... This is why poutine would go to buy war raffiots moreover, in France ... As if they weren't able to make better cheaper ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 29/10/14, 23:20

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/10/14, 01:02

Wwiwiwiwi .... Interesting Macro question.

You guys are in good shape, and very good analyzing the idea of ​​seeing the evolution of "files / orders in progress", to sort out what is" true "and what may be hidden from us (... scritch, ... scritch, ... scritch, I note I note ...) ;-)

wait & ... see ... but it will "talquer" geopolitically anyway, notwithstanding this "miscellaneous "(?)... and leave (still?) indelible traces ...

The Russians are tough guys and much more subtle than the Westerner or the average Yankee ...! And we "poor little Europeans", it would be much better not to interfere in "their affairs", they are of the same cultural origin for a major part of the population (for the common core), and really do not have we need to go and play the agitators there !!! By what right? Should "our" reason be "the reason" which should impose itself on the rest of the world as an "ideal model", even though 20 lobbyists have confiscated "democracy" in Brussels => WE HAVE NOT LESSON TO GIVE TO ANYONE !!! Whatever HÉLAS HAPPENED, IT MUST MAKE US THINK ABOUT OUR OWN "ETHICAL" APPROACH, WITHOUT HYPOCRISY !!!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/10/14, 22:30

Macro wrote:Bof me what grieves me the most ... This is why poutine would go to buy war raffiots moreover, in France ... As if they weren't able to make better cheaper ...

Because there is a real know-how in St Nazaire ;-)
and the rest is politics
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"