Natural energy that yearns!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Did67

by Did67 » 12/08/15, 11:10

... it was implied! [I assumed that we were not sawing wood just to saw wood, like that, a kind of madness!]

So, I resume: in a finite world, a certain population has "useful needs" [vast debate, but indeed, it all starts there ...] ...

- the question of the efficiency of the system implemented to satisfy these "useful energy needs" cannot be avoided because behind, lies the question of impact!

- imagine that it takes [I say anything!] 1 million ha of pasture to meet the useful energy needs of the population with horses and treadmills and that methanization has a yield of even 3 times better (I think it's more), it would then be enough to devote 300 ha to "energies", instead of a million ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/08/15, 11:46

We agree: once the utility is well established, the question of efficiency does arise.
(If I made this remark, it is precisely so that it is very explicit and not to contradict you.)
However, the question of yield is not purely technical (and I am probably approaching the problem of Grelinette): between a solution optimizing the yield but involving a complex equipment => an economic and social dependence and a less efficient alternative, but allowing or favoring autonomy, it will be necessary to weigh these two factors before deciding.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 12/08/15, 14:43

Okay, so be it. Let's put the problem differently:

After the climate conference in December 2015, all participants recognized that human activity based on fossil energy has come to the brink and that there is no other way out than to make a big jump forward to get out of this polluting and deleterious spiral ...

Even public opinion of all hair and all hair, the one who likes to move at an unbridled pace in large 4x4 (the noblest conquest of man) will pieffer with anger when it will have to permanently put away its big machine of more than 100 horses in the stable.

In short, after having shouted haro, not on the donkey but on the oil, and rushed into the stretchers of the materials and technologies that drink from it, it is necessary to give a good blow of collar to get the human neck out of the technological slurry in which she got entangled.

Electric energy is still advancing at hue and dia, nuclear power is hobbling, and as reason is between the spur and the bridle, and that one should not stay with both feet in the same shoe, all energies are again measured to start off on the right foot.

And this is where Professor Trépin, who is not at his first gallop, arrives at the wheel of his curious propulsion machine which is just waiting to be improved to improve its performance, yet already honorable! : Mrgreen:

... and the machine was perfected to satisfy the affluent population in search of thrills:

0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/08/15, 14:58

Grelinette wrote:

I can hardly believe that this bazaar can be more efficient than a simple team

what could be effective is to find a way equivalent to bicycle for horses

when a man walks or runs a large part of his effort is used to support his weight what a wheel does effortlessly ... so when you pedal on a bike you don't waste your energy supporting your weight: you give your energy only to advance

if we succeeded in teaching a horse something to pedal by relieving it of its weight it would make a lot more power without getting tired more

when I see that on a bike I don't tire myself more at 40km / h on a bike than at 10 km / ha foot it proves that on foot we lose a huge power to support our weight
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/08/15, 15:34

I do not throw stones at 4x4 either .... When you know that it has the same carbon footprint as a medium-sized dog.
It remains to see the usefulness of the 4x4 and that of the dog ...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Time-Eat-Dog-Su ... 0500287902
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 17/08/15, 15:03

This is the engine you need for the treadmill to run at full speed:

http://www.franceinfo.fr/actu/article/d ... ros-716931

Of course, the cost price of the energy produced will be a bit expensive, but when you love, you don't count ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/15, 15:06

Oh damn ! [finally the horse!]

How many Ferraris, this trépigneur? And not even a power "horse"!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 17/08/15, 15:28

On this video we can better see the work of a single horse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmID7-_qXto

We see that there is a cylinder on each side to adjust the incline of the treadmill. The horse is ready to play, but we can still see that it is not very happy to be there.

Finally, it doesn't seem to be too complicated to make this tool ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/15, 15:41

Here, the cow is even harder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-C0vcwACnE

The dog that pumps water would have given me ideas, if mine had not died in February!

A question: I am surprised that these machines do not have an inertia wheel, to smooth the effort a little, even if the "launch" of a steering wheel may be a little more dangerous!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/15, 15:50

Fashion humor on:

Have a laugh while watching this video about the Amish making their hay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlQPu4xMR7g

- refusal of progress, OK
- the loose hay loader, however, is a technical development that I had never experienced with us ...
- where it becomes funny, is that at the edge of the fields, they press this hay with a fixed heat engine which drives a press ... Difference from a tractor which drags a press?
- or when further away, the stationary motor is put on wheels, to drive a press, all being dragged by ... horses!

Religions or sects [I don't know exactly where the Amish, this branch of the Anabaptists, who were already a branch of Protestantism?] Have these subtleties in their principles!

If I understand correctly, to stay amishly correct, you need horses?

[I still discover beautiful gear, which I did not know existed: hats the bunch of bullets!]
0 x