Natural energy that yearns!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/08/15, 14:16

in my opinion it is the same diference as an exercise bike and a bike to ride ... when you ride a bike you make the power you need to go where you want ... when we make stupid power on a stationary bike we get tired very quickly

there are people around me who have horses, and I see them when they want to let off steam across the fields at a gallop, they don't need a treadmill to exercise

if you want to make electricity with your horses there is another method: put the crotin in a methanizer ... the horses dig up the grass fairly partially, there is a lot of energy in the crotin, the methanizer will methane ... another gas plant than gas
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/08/15, 14:38

It is sure that if you install a treadmill connected to a candy conveyor ...

Nenuphar is used to being harnessed so the reverse (to get out of the tramp on his own) can not bother him more than that ... Chez Coquette (a donkey of strong consistency that I had when I was mom) yet used to work (old tractor of the municipal employee) the reverse was not his thing at all ... On the other hand to climb inclined sides or embankments she was impressive ... She was cute the grounds of the church, the cemetery, and the village bistro : Cheesy: : Cheesy: The places where she had parked for a good part of her laborious life ...
Last edited by Macro the 11 / 08 / 15, 14: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 11/08/15, 14:39

Between Chatelot and me, it's as if two schools are in opposition:
the one that advocates the production of energy by mechanical tinkering (often on Sundays), and the one that praises production by the gas plant! : Cheesy:

To return to the methanizer, for once a real gas plant not easy to build

Again, there is better and more efficient than a simple mechanical system, but the best and the enemy of good ... and it's much better!
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 11/08/15, 14:42

Macro wrote:It is sure that if you install a treadmill connected to a candy conveyor ...

This is an interesting improvement for the stamper: every 10 minutes of stamping, a carrot falls into the manger placed at the end of the stamper!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/08/15, 14:44

Grelinette wrote:
Macro wrote:It is sure that if you install a treadmill connected to a candy conveyor ...

This is an interesting improvement for the stamper: every 10 minutes of stamping, a carrot falls into the manger placed at the end of the stamper!

slaver : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 11/08/15, 14:48

Macro wrote:
Grelinette wrote:

No, it's the stick, the slave trader's tool, not the carrot!

Besides the motivation by the carrot on the treadmill is not stupid at all: the horse will quickly understand that it has a reward after the effort, and better, the greedy horse (ex. Water lily) will accelerate the pace to get your carrot faster, suddenly it provides more effort and therefore it loses more!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/08/15, 14:51

you still don't answer the main question, how powerful can a horse be

so i find in my good old form jacques muller
a strong horse can make 80 to 95 kg.m / s by working 3 to 4 hours per day

slightly old unit of measurement ... the kg.m has been replaced by the Newton meter called joule and as 1kg = ~ 10N ca becomes 800 to 950 joule / s

so 800 to 950 w

it is very weak: it is not even enough to operate a circular saw to cut firewood so it will take several horses and a huge treadmill ... let's not talk about a log saw to make boards

in comparison a small Chinese generator group at less than 200 euro makes 2500W without weakening

how much would a high-performance trimming machine cost? beyond all hope of profitability

and on the same form if the horse has to work 8 hours a day the power drops to 600 W

it also gives the power of a man for 8 hours: 60W with the arms or 80w with the legs ... well, the cyclist seems to do a lot more, but you have to salt the soup
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/08/15, 15:08

Grelinette wrote:
Macro wrote:
Grelinette wrote:

No, it's the stick, the slave trader's tool, not the carrot!

Besides the motivation by the carrot on the treadmill is not stupid at all: the horse will quickly understand that it has a reward after the effort, and better, the greedy horse (ex. Water lily) will accelerate the pace to get your carrot faster, suddenly it provides more effort and therefore it loses more!

Some time ago I asked you the question: he did not do a bit of fat? You told me it was his winter coat : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

If he is greedy Make yourself and please him ...

I just think of the risk of falling when he is going to use the treadmill in self-service if it starts rotating when he has just the previous ones engaged it will not be very natural for him ... Likewise when he will want to stop it will go backwards until the posteriors are going to touch the ground ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 11/08/15, 15:09

chatelot16 wrote:you still don't answer the main question, how powerful can a horse be

so i find in my good old form jacques muller
a strong horse can make 80 to 95 kg.m / s by working 3 to 4 hours per day

slightly old unit of measurement ... the kg.m has been replaced by the Newton meter called joule and as 1kg = ~ 10N ca becomes 800 to 950 joule / s

so 800 to 950 w

it is very weak: it is not even enough to operate a circular saw to cut firewood so it will take several horses and a huge treadmill ... let's not talk about a log saw to make boards. .

However, this is not what the videos at the start show: a simple treadmill with 2 horses operates a wood saw and a log splitter at the same time.

It is not easy to compare animal force and material force on theoretical bases, and even less to compare human force and animal force.
During a party we experienced trying to hold back the progress of a draft horse by pulling on a rope: we could only stop it by being 30 people (adults and children) to pull the rope!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/08/15, 15:21

by pulling on the rope you are not comparing power but strength

to have the maximum power you have to shoot at the optimum speed

the figures I give date from a time when there was a lot of crank machine, and we knew how to design the machine for optimum speed

for a video demonstration it is possible to run more powerful machines but not long

if it takes a whole herd of horses to change every 5 minutes to replace a simple 5hp petrol engine, for whom it can be profitable?
0 x