Yves Cochet: conference on peak oil and energy

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/09/08, 19:56

Hello everyone,

There are still 2 or 3 solutions to replace petroleum and nuclear itou ...

The only problem is that the Man only gets up when his buttocks are burned ardently.

For energy, the flame is not yet hot enough and close ... : Idea:

And everything will be done in pain and haste, and certainly much too late to limit the consequences on the climate :?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/09/08, 20:45

Well, I listened to the 6 parts ...

Braillou style, we can say it, but a speech and a style certainly very well suited to the audience.

On the whole, the discourse goes to the essentials and despite some inaccuracies, is right in the middle ...

A very good popularizer, this Mr. Cochet!

It is only on forced decrease that I do not agree. Not that I deny the peak_oil and the finiteness of hydrocarbon resources, but that we have untapped clean energy supplying human needs thousands of times ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/08, 16:22

Remundo wrote:It is only on forced decrease that I do not agree. Not that I deny the peak_oil and the finiteness of hydrocarbon resources, but that we have untapped clean energy supplying human needs thousands of times ...

Toutafé agree ... I do not know that it is the goal of a policy which does nothing but present the problems while saying: yapas of solution ....

Here are some ideas for solutions: https://www.econologie.com/energies-du-f ... -3750.html

ps: otherwise the inspiration of Jancovici is still quite obvious :)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 22/09/08, 16:46

I think that when he says that there is no solution, it is understood to mean a solution with equal volume of energy.
because solutions actually exist like those indicated in the link but the account is not there. we would have to look at the figures in detail but the sum of all the potential alternative energies with the current techno (it can improve a little) do not compensate, in my opinion the total energy lost by the oil. especially that certain alternative energies are indeed more adapted to such or such use and are not universal like petroleum.
ex: we are not ready to fly planes of 300 people with electricity.
therefore, what will be lacking, it will have to be done and this is where the concept of decay comes in.

if somebody has figures to announce, it would be not bad to deepen the question.
0 x
Click my signature
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 22/09/08, 16:59

I plusso the words of the friend Dirk Pitt

Christophe wrote:Toutafé agree ... I do not know that it is the goal of a policy which does nothing but present the problems while saying: yapas of solution ....

We can discuss the availability or not of viable alternatives. Cochet is rather pessimistic on this point (me too), that's why he doesn't insist much on it. Doesn't mean he doesn't want to get into RE. Just that he refuses to hang on to what he thinks is a pipe dream.

In the meantime, it is better to have an overly pessimistic policy which has fully grasped the magnitude and the highest priority of the energy problem than policies which completely deny / ignore the question!

So long live Cochet.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/08, 17:09

Hi Dirk Pitt,
will read for solar here ou https://www.econologie.com/forums/desertec-e ... t5338.html

for marine energies leaves ou https://www.econologie.com/forums/energie-th ... t4853.html ...

So the account is not there? :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/08, 17:13

I don't say neither Dirk Pitt nor Rulian ... And I explained here why in the introduction:
https://www.econologie.com/energies-du-f ... -3750.html

An energy mix to replace the oil king?

On the end of oil, much more than its depletion, we currently have at least one certainty: the oil king has and probably will not have a prince, that is to say a successor who is as omnipresent in our life.

Indeed; there is no natural resource as abundant and easily exploitable (in all stages of exploitation) as petroleum.

Of course, there are ocean gas hydrates whose deposit would amount to 4 times the terrestrial oil deposit (brrr it's cold in the back for the greenhouse effect): but these hydrates are not exploitable. .for the time being.

The energy future of humanity will consist of a mixture of different solutions chosen according to the environment and the nature of their use with a common denominator: energy sparing.

Unless technological or geological surprise: there is not ONE solution to petroleum but SOME solutions (case by case) to fossil fuels ...

The common denominator will be a less energy-consuming society of the future! When you know that the energy intensity of France is lower than that of India there is something to be clearly ASHED (especially when you think you are lesson givers) !

Those who have wind will make wind turbines, those who have sun solar concentrators ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/08, 17:33

And it often takes you more :?: : Cheesy:

A mix, DJ Remundo's "future generation mix": thermodynamic solar, biomass, hydraulic, wind and ETM,

tonight at Remundo, it's green night Image
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 22/09/08, 20:49

Christophe wrote:The energy future of humanity will consist of a mixture of different solutions chosen according to the environment and the nature of their use with a common denominator: energy sparing.

we totally agree. who says sparingly says that we will have to consume less overall than now.
when I say the account is not there, that's it.
people must not believe that they can continue to have a weekend in Marrakech by plane for 500 euros, and all the solar collectors will not be able to do much.

and stop stopping : Lol:
0 x

Click my signature

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"