Cold wave and electric heating: EDF kneeling?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/09, 18:53

Thanks for the details ... yeah always the same INTOX ...

Bah the electric heating everyone knows that it is a scam and there are still very few new houses that are currently built with direct electric (apartments if by cons).

But the ugliest thing I find in all of this, and for the econologist that I am, is the race to install reversible air conditioning and other heat pumps.

This is done with the broad complicity of Ademe which does not hesitate to speak of renewable energy in connection with geothermal energy. It's intoxicating and I find this shameful!

Trap question: a 6kW heat pump with cos phi of 0.8 permanently and a 0.4 at start-up, how many convectors on the network load? : Cheesy:

I think I'm going to buy EDF shares, when the bills fall it will boost !! Image
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Cold wave and electric heating

by bobono » 08/01/09, 19:57

Putting Germany ahead of France the bad student with its electron power stations is a bit easy.

I am not completely nuclear but still the production from coal power plant or gas turbine is it better ??.

The question is above all whether the policy in place is going in the right direction or not.

The 50% tax credit on insulation in wood stove and pellet boiler etc. I do not forget the insulation, the installation of double glazed windows.

In addition it gives work to the local business and crafts.

The question that arises and that we have already addressed on this forum since there is 50% tax credit I can increase my margin.

The problem of heat pumps is a vast dossier and deserves a work in depth.

Most cases of installation of PAC is to replace pure resistors in this case it is rather better. To replace fuel oil boilers (Consume fuel oil directly or fuel oil or gas by EDF to provide you with KW) I do not see where n is the problem.

The Nuc power stations both operate them.

The real questions that arise and the construction of a new power plant in France and especially in the COUNTRIES that do not have one.

When I see the sale of oil pans that go like hotcakes in supermarkets. at 30 € per liter of oil (price charged today in my city) that revolts me.

The kw of energy diffused in the habitats comes back to them I no longer have the figures in mind but several times the price of the KW EDF plus living in an atmosphere pollute as a bonus.

Common sense solutions are possible for better management, but this notably involves replacing all meters in the home so as to encourage consumption during off-peak periods.

A heat pump with energy storage in the form
a hot water tank so that the machine does not operate in the tip.

What we have to fight against is the false good solution like PAC air air, the installation of solar panels that produce KW when there is already too much the same for wind turbines.

The only thing that makes me happy is that we still have a good margin for improvement and that the transition from crude to 150 € still makes things happen but which will quickly fall into oblivion it is just a matter of time .

Systematic criticism does nothing, positively suggest we work every day for the future.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 09/01/09, 21:57

reply from ceo edf: to avoid a break in the years to come, we must increase the kw to be able to invest in new power stations ...
pay still pay.
in the 70s following the oil crisis the state (so we or our parents) built with our money nuclear power plants.
meanwhile edf (and partly the state) it is considerably enriched on our back.
and today we still have to pay to enrich private companies,
and tomorrow we will still have to pay to dismantle these same centrals.
find the error
: Evil:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/01/09, 17:22

boubka wrote:reply from ceo edf: to avoid a break in the years to come, we must increase the kw to be able to invest in new power stations ...
pay still pay. : evil:

That's why there are some who try to promote the reduction of everyone's electricity consumption.

I don't want to defend the CEO of EdF. But let's not forget that at the start, there are still a significant number of people who promote the CAP, in particular air-air ...

Contrary to what I have just read, the cases that I know (I may be atypical) almost all concern the substitution of fuel.

I wrote it elsewhere, but I repeat: replace convectors with PACs, OK, that reduces demand (little during periods of extreme cold acr the efficiency of the PAC is then deplorable if air (air). Replace fule with of the CAP can only bring the CEO exploded from self-righteousness.

I would be tempted to write: leave the CEO of EdF alone, he does his job. EdF sells electricity. If he preached for the pellest boiler, he would be fired. Already he is forced to meddle in the sun! It's the people, all those who install PACs, all those who chat in favor of PACs, etc ...

Everyone feels that the slate will increase but everyone still finds that the PAC, it is profitable (at current costs) so see no further than the current year ...
0 x
Did67

Re: Cold wave and electric heating

by Did67 » 10/01/09, 17:27

bobono wrote:The only thing that makes me happy is that we still have a good margin for improvement and that the transition from crude to 150 € still makes things happen but which will quickly fall into oblivion it is just a matter of time . .

Or quickly come back ... I am one of those who think that the current fall will not last and that we will go quickly (I am talking about a time step compared to the life of the equipment we are talking about - say 15 years for a heat pump, a boiler, convectors, insulation ...) find prices comparable to those we have known.

The anomaly is not the summer prices for oil / fuel. It's the current prices. Oil prices are very speculative, resulting in large swings. The trend, if we smooth the curves, is however very very clear: an acceleration of the increase in recent years.
0 x