Heat pump powered by EdF fuel-fired power stations

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/11/08, 11:32

Christophe wrote:Taking into account the line and transformation losses, this results in a "central efficiency" close to 50% which is all the same very high.

ouhla! we go from 27% to 55% by a calculation method that is a little "fishy" ... I admit that I too "have always heard" that a power station was not profitable ...

dirk pitt wrote:we cannot heat all French households with renewable energy. not yet anyway.

if, with wood, it is renewable, not dangerous, avoids forest fires, creates jobs, and no fossil CO2.
there are also thermal solar panels coupled with underfloor heating ;-)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 17/11/08, 11:43

jonule, I said "all" the French
I have not done the calculation (not yet) but it seems to me that we can not heat everyone with wood with solar backup (or vice versa). do you have concrete elements?
0 x
Click my signature
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/11/08, 12:09

"everybody" ? ah must know, you said "all French" :D

if not yes: in France we have enough wood to do without oil.
I speak for the heating.
and without counting the transformation into sawdust pellets, various maintenance (hedges) etc ...

then it is the same chsoe with the electric heating if one takes again stricto sensu your reasoning: one cannot heat everyone with the nuclear power, it would be necessary + of power stations, and one cannot install everything overnight.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/08, 12:47

With "solar supplement" it is wide Dirk Pitt ... if everyone had 65m² of solar thermal like us ... you can be sure that that would be enough and that "Total Mazout" and Gdf would go bankrupt ... and y would have fewer summer camps for the EdF CE ...

Corrolaire: they will not let themselves be ...

Another example: you put 65 m² of PV panel on a heat pump and with a good energy buffer (thermal and / or electric) and presto, you no longer need anything else to heat yourself for 20 years ... after question of cost c 'is another story: in fact by installing 65 m² of PV = 60 €, you "advance" your heating bill (000 / 60 = 000 €) for the next 20 years ... Who can afford it for the moment? NO ONE!!

ps: thank you for not trolling in anti nuke jonule debate ... we are watching you ... 8)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 17/11/08, 13:14

jonule wrote:if not yes: in France we have enough wood to do without oil.
I speak for the heating.
and without counting the transformation into sawdust pellets, various maintenance (hedges) etc ...

sorry, jonule but I don't like that we speak in a vacuum, that we advance assertions without citing either numbers or sources, (or both)

then a little tour of the web in 10 minutes tells me that the annual consumption of the residential sector (without the tertiary sector) for heating + DHW is around 39Mtep (in 2004: source industrie.gouv.fr)

on the other hand, the wood energy resource exploited is around 7.5 Mtoe and the studies estimate an additional potential of around 5 Mtoe. (source ademe and IFN) or a maximum annual potential of around 13Mtep.
that's less than half of the heating need in the residential sector. we can improve the insulation but I'm not sure that enough to lower the consumption to 13Mtep.

please tell me if i am wrong.
0 x

Click my signature
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

heat pump

by tigrou_838 » 17/11/08, 13:15

Hello,

+1 for "the primary anti PAC"

tigrou : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/08, 13:18

Uh +1 in what sense? Are you with or against me? : Mrgreen:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 17/11/08, 13:22

I'm just trying to argue my point to get things done. it's easy to say this or that and yaka.
we are there to exchange ideas and information;
no competition or fight
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/08, 13:25

Yes good research Dirk ... except that ... I would like to know how is the wood resource estimated? If you have the link on the ademe?

IMHO she only understands firewood in logs... so nothing on the recovery of undergrowth and waste ... if?

A tree that ends up in furniture is about 82 to 98% of wood "waste" by volume... a solid piece of furniture of course ... agglomerated furniture uses precisely these scraps ...

Source: https://www.econologie.com/la-filliere-b ... -3742.html
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

heat pump

by tigrou_838 » 17/11/08, 13:28

hello christophe,

you know that I am with you on this subject.

When I see all the advertising on TV or in the newspapers for the installation of pacs, I wait impatiently at the beginning of January "if the law passes" the aid for the pacs will drop dramatically, and that for solar normally remain.

Finally, maybe people have finally understood that PACs are not ecological.

"this is only my responsibility"

"me being anti PAC"

tigrou
0 x