Nuclear replaced by renewable = monstrous says Sarko

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/04/11, 00:28

+1000

It ties in with what Ahmed and many others said about this forum... But also, it's been 45 years and more that we know it's going in this direction.

Man is UNSATISABLE, it could well cause his loss, because he is weak, as you say, and also sheep.

From this point of view we can be pessimistic ...

Being also a "industrial" through studies, and professional practice - initially by a kind of ideal in research, and by the concern for perfection that is taught in this sector (if, if not prohibited, moreover it makes humble ^^) - I have to admit that we necessarily go into the wall, the train where things are going ...

Everything is to be reviewed in society.

Where I am optimistic is that voluntary restrictions will bring more stability to the world. Because we will no longer have reasons to be jealous of our neighbors ... "Development" will be done in "our brains" and no longer thanks to the armies which impose their law in the paradigm of "globalization" by force !

Man will no longer seek to be "better than others" ... which leads to speculation about the misfortune of others ... but just "better than himself" by being assured of a better well being. The sense of competition, which is in its nature will thus be preserved, by the challenges it will launch itself (which will not change from the current theoretical model).

The greatest: artists, philosophers, humanists, researchers, sociologists, doctors (and in many other disciplines up to the simple valuable worker) will no longer end up in psychiatric services at the end of their career (per year 40% in my country, or one inhabitant out of two, would call upon a psychiatric help, during its existence !!! Source: obsan.ch), because the world treading on its head - their merit will never have been recognized at its true value, and they end up banished from society - worse: guilty of having given "too much"! Others are crushed long before ... You all know "music!"

Merit will no longer come from turnover and merchandising, but from the intrinsic qualities of individuals, for example in the arts, culture, social ties, know-how in general and, of course, the dazzling development of sectors today. 'neglected because judged "unprofitable", thanks to real equilibrium values ​​finally found ... It is certain that private property could have "lead in the wing ^^" in future societies. .

All the labor force freed from the yoke of capitalist productivism (in its worst version), will be able to invest in basic research, in all sectors that affect people, health and the quality of life ...

We are already there a little, but here is the future (as I see it) ...

Tremble predators ... your hour is about to arrive.

It seems to me that Sarko had appealed to philosophers, including Edgard Morin, at the start of his inauguration ... What is left of it?

Basically what is needed is a resurgence of "Civil Society", which would not be marginalized but within the political elite. Thus laws that really meet the aspirations of the people could finally see the light of day. Obviously, the scientific and industrial communities must collaborate ... In order to redefine the society of tomorrow TOGETHER. (I am not in presidential campaign guys ^^ in such a system political leadership would have disappeared, in favor of a leadership of ideas, which would be valued) ... The introduction of something like the "universal dividend" dear to Bernardd (well, but where is he?). The release of the nuke may well be the precursor of a new era ...

Good, I leave you, the aperitif awaits me (in moderation ^^) While waiting GOOD HEALTH TO ALL! : Lol:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/04/11, 01:15

jlt22 sees only recession as a solution:
Before fighting to regulate the energies, we should drastically reduce our consumption, namely:

is far from being exact and necessary, because for example, to heat us in the winter, we can isolate and use the completely wasted summer solar energy completely, without even being aware of this big waste !!
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca
we can change our ways of living and have more imagination without undergoing a recession by using the new scientific and technical possibilities without restricting our life and returning to the prehistoric age.
The use of solar energy has immense possibilities which can be developed.
Raw materials can be much better recovered and recycled.
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 30/04/11, 21:57

I no longer believe in renewable energies or at the end of the nuke *.
We have gone too far, even if we wanted to we can go backwards, we have two drastic choices:

-Either we stop everything overnight and we return to the Stone Age for lack of having provided the means to compensate ...
- Either we continue as we are doing now and we also end up in the Stone Age because more resources to "save the furniture".

* I no longer believe that our policies really have the will to change and to deprive themselves of the financial windfall that brings them oil and nuke, because there is the bottom of the problem, the money.
As long as we don't get rid of it, everything will go on all the better.

The solution would have been to continue in 1969 the space conquest, if we had done so, the problem of resources would have been much less critical, but we preferred to go to war and mortgage our future for worthless paper ...
Now we are trapped in an endless loop because there are more ways to fix our error ...
It's like in a video game, if you make the wrong choice at the crucial moment, you inevitably lose, you can always "save the furniture" and extend the duration of the game by trying as best you can to make up your mistake again, but it's too late the damage is already done, you always end up losing in the more or less medium term, it is inevitable.
Take advantage of what you have left because humanity has played and lost, and therefore is doomed to disappear in the medium term in one way or another.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/05/11, 00:07

netshaman is incredibly pessimistic, like Sarko !!

Humanity almost disappeared 74000 years ago when its population was reduced to less than a thousand men who suffered ashes and enormous cooling from the Toba volcano in Indonesia:
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/read/index ... dex&svid=2
But currently we are far from it and our creativity with the enormous possibilities often unused, makes it possible to solve these problems.

This progress at the medical level allowed the explosion of our population which we regulate more and more and the apocalypses announced in the 70s for before the year 2000, did not occur, as oil used up before 2000.
Long before petroleum, rare and industrial minerals will have to be recycled and their increasing price will allow it by stimulating new methods.

Renewable energies are accessible, given the amount of sun received per m2, currently wasted and recoverable with lots of various methods, even simple as thermal storage underground (geothermal amplified by the sun) for heating and even cogeneration of energy as efficient as solar:
http://www.io.com/~frg/
http://www.io.com/~frg/taceng.html
http://www.io.com/~frg/tar.htm
http://www.io.com/~frg/tac.htm
and storage of summer underground heating for winter:
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca
These simple and efficient methods are neglected and allow us to have only solar renewable instead of nuclear.
Instead of dropping with the statement
humanity has played and lost, and therefore is doomed to disappear in the medium term in one way or another.

It would be better promote these simple and effective methods, for greenhouses, heating and the generation of solar thermal electricity locally.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 01/05/11, 16:55

netshaman wrote:-Either we stop everything overnight and we return to the Stone Age for lack of having provided the means to compensate ...
- Either we continue as we are doing now and we also end up in the Stone Age because more resources to "save the furniture".

We must not systematically put hyper consumerist society on one side and the return to the stone age on the other as being the only future of humanity, there is a happy medium.
This stereotypical vision serves wonderfully the defenders of scientism and allows an interested immobilism.

The solution would have been to continue in 1969 the space conquest, if we had done so, the problem of resources would have been much less critical, but we preferred to go to war and mortgage our future for worthless paper ...

The conquest of space was above all a consequence of the Cold War, moreover in 2011 there is no longer any priority to return to the Moon ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Picolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Picolo » 01/05/11, 18:10

I would not want to be the devil's advocate, was he a dwarf devil (as it is well found : Cheesy:), but still...

I don't particularly like our president, but on this point, he is right and you misinterpreted his words: what is a monstrosity, it is not the exit from nuclear power. What is a monstrosity is that unelected people criticize the current nuclear policy with do-it-you-must-have people who are completely delusional just to increase their electorate. If these same people are elected, I bet my right leg that almost nothing will be done on this plan ...

When the current government says (and it has been done several times in recent years): "ok, you don't want nuclear anymore ... You want renewable energy. Concretely, what do we do?" Strangely, the government only gets this kind of answers "We don't know, we are the government in place, it is up to you to find solutions" or "you are not going to leave the situation as it is, did you see what happened in japan? " or "It's normal that you don't have any solutions, you don't want to have any because of the nuclear lobby", etc. etc. In short, NO ANSWER, ONLY ESCAPPATOIRES AND THE TONGUE OF WOOD!

It is in this sense that what the opponents of the current government say (which I do not particularly appreciate, I believe you believe me) is monstrous: these opponents, apart from saying " replace nuclear with renewable "or" We must replace nuclear with renewable ", they do nothing and have no viable idea. You will see: if the ecologists and / or the left are in power, wind farms will surely flourish a little more, but not a power station will be stopped.

If this were the case, we would have to expect a fairly drastic "electricity quota" and / or a 10-fold increase in the price of electricity and / or the opening of 2 to 5 additional coal-fired power stations. Are you ready for it ??? Because indeed, when we want, we can: tomorrow, we can decree that only public buildings and hospitals / clinics will be provided with electricity ... For others, gas and candles. The problem is solved.

So stop for a moment to look through your spyglass, thinking that it only takes a political choice to change and that if it is not done, it is the effect of lobbies. If only it were so simple!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/05/11, 18:40

Heck and heck, picolo is a victim of the current misleading manipulations, because there are real simple solutions systematically muffled that I indicated (numerous concrete references on econology) and that work!
The president did not say at all the interpretation of picolo, archifausse.
Watch the video of his interview on tf1 JT 20 p.m. on April 28, 2011 !!

Instead of putting how many billions in the EPR (5, 10, 15, 20, forgetting the well over billions to dismantle and clean up ???), still unsure, which will inevitably end up in a Chernobyl-Fukushima in France ( minimum cost 1000 billion, and human and economic disaster),
we can develop these simple solutions which work in particular those which I indicate, carried out elsewhere locally and which work in perpetuity, without maintenance, neither consumption, nor pollution and no candle or gas.
We are wasting all the solar thermal energy which arrives on our houses and our gardens especially in summer, perfectly recoverable for the winter for a reasonable price like the insulation of the houses.

Stop being negative, losing out and defend future solutions that are already working by looking at technique and real creativity !!
The policies are only the faithful reflection of the inhabitants voters who make bad choices by resigning like picolo !!
0 x
Picolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Picolo » 01/05/11, 19:21

dedeleco wrote:Heck and heck, picolo is a victim of the current misleading manipulations, because there are real simple solutions systematically muffled that I indicated (numerous concrete references on econology) and that work!

Would it be too much to ask you to tell me some of them? Because ghost references do not work with me (I am not saying that there are none, just that you shift the debate and dodge my argument). So thank you for taking the time to explain to me here at least one easily applicable solution ...

The president did not say at all the interpretation of picolo, archifausse.
Watch the video of his interview on tf1 JT 20 p.m. on April 28, 2011 !!

Seriously: did you see the video? How to interpret the context when it is not complete? There is only one sentence, the one quoted. How can I say that my interpretation is wrong by forcing me to go find a video that says no more? Are you kidding me or did you not go to see her yourself?

My interpretation at least remains consistent with what I have heard since the tsunami in Japan and is not taken from its context since these are whole areas of speech / debate that I heard ... But hey, this interpretation, consistent with the past interventions of the president, does not correspond to your beliefs therefore you reject it.

Instead of putting how many billions in the EPR (5, 10, 15, 20, forgetting the many more billions to dismantle and clean up ???)

The state does not invest in EPRs ... The CEA does it, Areva does it, EDF does it, but with their own funds financed by foreigners and mainly by EDF ... It is true that the state is the majority shareholder, but it is not going to dip into its budgets to do so. On the other hand, this is what it does for the renewable energies part of the CEA ... Too bad.

which will inevitably end up in a Chernobyl-Fukushima in France (minimum cost 1000 billion, and human and economic disaster)

What a soothsayer! And with that, I'm sure you don't have the slightest idea of ​​how a nuclear power plant works ... In fact, I'm sure you don't have a clue that there are many types of power plants whose security levels are not identical. I also suspect that if I told you that you live in the radioactive, you would not believe me ... and yet ...

In addition, I find that you like to quote figures taken from your mind ... Know that if you deceive other readers, you are not deceiving me: a figure without serious reference is worth nothing except your discredit ...

we can develop these simple solutions that work especially those that I indicate

Where ? "On the site" ??? It's too vague: if you're sure, post your solution here. However, be careful, no messy numbers... Otherwise it's simple: "an EPR costs 10 billion euros, a solar panel and a wind turbine per household which covers 90% of a family's needs cost 500 €. There are 200 families in France therefore replacing nuclear with renewable energy is easy (the remaining 000% is hydraulics, etc.) "

Ben here, I solved the problem, but in my dreams because the figures are straight out of my mind and I do not take into account at all the technological problems posed by solar and wind ...

that run in perpetuity, maintenance free, consumption, pollution and no candles or gas.

Seriously, you are starting to make me want! But what are these solutions so simple and effective ??? So quote them here, explain them to me !!!

We are wasting all the solar thermal energy which arrives on our houses and our gardens especially in summer, perfectly recoverable for the winter for a reasonable price like the insulation of the houses.

Oh ... Do you know what a solar panel is? Do you know their composition? Their lifespan? Their price? Their performance?

Do you have a way to store heat over several months?

Stop being negative, losing out and defend future solutions that are already working by looking at technique and real creativity !!

The technique, I know it: I work in materials for batteries, I have worked in solar and fuel cells ... As for "renewable energies", I am shielded and perfectly aware of what is being done in laboratory and in industry: I do not dream of a solution, I am asked to achieve them, which is quite different ... But come on: what are the solutions that you have found? Maybe they will make me change my tone and see you as something other than a must / must ... Be specific please.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/05/11, 19:45

Would it be too much to ask you to tell me some of them?

Before being conclusive and definitive take the time to educate yourself and read the immense past knowledge of humanity in particular take the time to read the many posts on econology and the text of the links indicated therein !!
You have my 3780 posts and references in it to read !!
And everything that google indicates on econology and elsewhere for the term seasonal thermal store
underground thermal storage
thermoacoustics
etc ..
0 x
Picolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Picolo » 01/05/11, 19:54

dedeleco wrote:
Would it be too much to ask you to tell me some of them?

Before being conclusive and definitive take the time to educate yourself and read the immense past knowledge of humanity in particular take the time to read the many posts on econology and the text of the links indicated therein !!
You have my 3780 posts and references in it to read !!
And everything that google indicates on econology and elsewhere for the term seasonal thermal store
underground thermal storage
thermoacoustics
etc ..

So no. What must be understood is that I am perfectly aware that you are avoiding my arguments relating to your "solutions" by saying: "go find!".

The problem is that if I go find it and rest here, you will have all the time (and you will do it) to tell me that the solution is not good because I chose it that way, because I misunderstood it, because it was not what you meant, because it is taken from its context, etc.

I'm not even asking, suddenly, that you repost this content here, but simply that you give me a link by saying: "In the post n ° X of this link, I explain how to do it".

This would serve as a common basis and avoid the pitfalls that I have just denounced. So a reference please.
0 x