Nuclear and carbon: what releases in CO2 / kWh? Figures PWC, EdF, ADEME, Stanford ...

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Nuclear and carbon: what releases in CO2 / kWh? Figures PWC, EdF, ADEME, Stanford ...

by dede2002 » 09/02/18, 13:02

Ahmed wrote:The interest of the remark of Dede The presence of glaciers or high-altitude snow regulates the flow of streams and maintains a high flow rate in the summer, when precipitation is slowing down. This is particularly important for the Himalayan rivers: alternating floods and water shortages would seriously impact the lives of millions of people.

Hi Ahmed,

Indeed, the Alpine dams play a dual role, regulate floods and produce electricity. In fact, they fill up in the summer, thanks to the melting of glaciers mainly, and they are empty in winter to heat the houses among others (The only places in Switzerland where it is allowed to install electric heating is in the valleys near dams). I suppose they also regulate the flow according to the downstream water needs, but I do not know which priority is between electricity and water ...

At the end of the winter, some artificial lakes are almost empty, it is especially visible in the forest areas, below 2000m, it is sometimes pretty ugly in the landscape ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nuclear and carbon: what releases in CO2 / kWh? Figures PWC, EdF, ADEME, Stanford ...

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/18, 14:56

Christophe wrote:
Well I agree, even with these corrections, we stay in the hair of ass!

Now do the same calculation with the fuel management (upstream but especially downstream) ...

There's only me who works here!

Good, for the upstream:

-requires the carbon intensity figures and the € / $ parity
-the fuel cost (upstream) for EDF is about (a little less) 5 € / MWh according to the report of the Court of Accounts 2012.

I arrive (unless error) at 0,74 g / kWh, a little less than a fifth of hair .......
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/18, 15:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:There's only me who works here!

Rooooooooohhhh !!! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

5 € / MWh thermal uranium, I did not know it, it's interesting to have this order of magnitude in mind! Thank you for the info!

In kWh it is 0,5 cents / kWh or 0,005 € / kWh ...

Well you will work a little downstream now! : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/18, 16:05

Christophe wrote:5 € / MWh thermal uranium, I did not know it, it's interesting to have this order of magnitude in mind! Thank you for the info!

Well you will work a little downstream now! : Mrgreen:

To be precise, it is 5 € / MWh electric, not thermal.

Downstream, I do not know, but as the denominator we will find 400TWh multiplied by about 50 years, even if the costs of dismantling and management and storage of waste explode, a bit of ass seems to me to be an upper hand .

Taking an assumption of 50 years and a total cost of 150Md € for dismantling + garbage (just a figure to see), I get to a quarter of ass hair about .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/18, 16:50

Ah, thank you for clarifying! Hop uranium is sold at -70% there! : Cheesy:

So the share of nuclear fuel for each electric MWh sold is 5 € ... it's not the price of raw fuel, ok!

Which means that the price of thermal MWh is roughly 3 4 times lower ... say 1,5 € / MWh thermal uranium!

If we want to compare this price with the price, which interests everyone, fuels ...1,5 € / MWh = 0,0015 € / kWh This would make 1L fuel oil (which contains about 10 kWh) .. uh bin 1,5 cents ...

In other words, to provide the same energy ...Uranium is currently just 100 cheaper than petroleum fuel at the pump!

Not bad as price! It's really cheap uranium !!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/18, 17:48

Christophe wrote:Uranium is currently just 100 cheaper than petroleum fuel at the pump!

The main problem would be to get a fuel assembly into the tank, I think .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/18, 18:02

AHHHHHH BONNNNNN? Bin shit I had not thought! : Mrgreen:

But there you forget Mr Fusion? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: new-transport / live-the-oil-expensive-t5460.html # p82461

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/18, 18:04

Christophe wrote:Not bad as price! It's really cheap uranium !!

What is the current price of industrial coal per thermal MWH? Comparative would be wiser than with cars ...

Come on! At work! : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/18, 18:48

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:Not bad as price! It's really cheap uranium !!

What is the current price of industrial coal per thermal MWH? Comparative would be wiser than with cars ...

Come on! At work! : Mrgreen:

I did not check, but I do it to ten euros per MWhth, because it's you.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/18, 19:05

sicetaitsimple wrote:I did not check, but I do it to ten euros per MWhth, because it's you.

Go, a little less, I nearly eat you by confusing dollar and euro!

80 $ / t about right now, and a ton is about 8MWhth.

But you have to go and get him in Antwerp, maybe it's not far from home, if I understood correctly?
0 x