I don't understand it, the more I drive in VE, the more I should earn "money"....

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

I don't understand it, the more I drive in VE, the more I should earn "money"....

by phil59 » 19/06/22, 02:12

At least May, I've done more than 4000 km with my Kona, let's say 12 kWh per 100 km, and my "EDF" "night" rate comes back to me 13 cts including tax, all inclusive, grossomodo 1.50 e for 100 km, charge reduced rate.

Or, let's say the 4000km, a little more than 60€.

In combustion, at 2€ per liter, with a small consumption of 5L, it would be 10€ minimum for 100km.
To do the 4000 km, I should have won 40*10=400€ less the 60€ consumption

I'm looking for the 340€ I won, but not only do I don't have it, and worse, I'm missing the 60€ I spent to load the car...

In math, it's complicated for my little head... I have the impression that it's a trick to make people believe what we want...

The worse, the more fuel you save, the worse off you are....

: Arrow: :D : Arrow: : Shock: : Arrow: : Cry: : Lol:
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: I don't understand it, the more I drive in VE, the more I should earn "money"....

by Obamot » 19/06/22, 05:01

You mean you're happy, then?
You're disappointed, it's contentment... : Idea:

Yeah it's the waste, I don't know what to tell you ( :D )
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: I don't understand it, the more I drive in VE, the more I should earn "money"....

by Forhorse » 19/06/22, 08:45

You don't make money by not spending it. We just lose less...
1 x
Captain Radote
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Captain Radote » 19/06/22, 11:58

Hey, that's curious!
It's like fuel savers on cars, it works sometimes, but the most annoying thing is to siphon gasoline every 500 km because it overflows from the tank!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/06/22, 12:26

you have to calculate your blow and your cost...

Already the purchase of new VE is extremely expensive.

Home terminals are also expensive, it is better to go through a 5-10A outlet if possible.

In reality a guy who finds a good opportunity for X000 € and switches to E85 is much more economical.

We also have to see if 100% VE is the right option for its uses. For urban / peri-urban, no worries

Be careful, powerful loads can be overpriced and even random on the main roads.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/06/22, 18:49

I just remember that we've never made money traveling by car, and it's not related to the energy we put into it.

Earning money with a car is possible, but it remains special cases, for ordinary mortals a car is just a money pit.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/22, 15:41

Given the time of posting this message, I think phil's Saturday night party must have been a little drunk huh :)

Health!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/22, 15:49

Forhorse wrote:I just remember that we've never made money traveling by car, and it's not related to the energy we put into it.

The only way is not to start your car and to use another means of transport: I have done more than 1500 km on an electric bike in the past 2 years to pick up my son from school... (13 km each time)

With a real cost of use of 0.4 to 0.6 € per km, I therefore "saved" roughly 750 €... so one of my bikes (I have 2 mounted as a kit) is already 100% profitable ...

Forhorse wrote:Earning money with a car is possible

The crooked dealers or mechanics who charge x5 to x10 the price of the parts that can be found on the internet and who today take hourly rates for lawyers (€100 to €150 per hour...) you speak only it's possible !! But that's with other people's cars! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Ministers and politicians are in agreement with this kind of practice since it boosts the GDP... : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/06/22, 16:24

Christophe wrote:Given the time of posting this message, I think phil's Saturday night party must have been a little drunk huh :)

Health!

Not even, just an aperitif, but returned around 23 p.m., so aperitif at 23:15 p.m., light "eating", and tired, but not possible to sleep.

But I think the money I earned in electricity is virtual. : Cheesy: : Lol:

But with numbers, you can say and believe anything.

All in the presentation, and the interpretation.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/22, 16:33

phil59 wrote:But I think the money I earned in electricity is virtual. : Cheesy: : Lol:

Unless you have gold bars under a mattress...the money is anyway! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"