Grants: 1 billion more for the French nuclear!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Addrelyn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Addrelyn » 27/06/11, 18:27

If we do a search with "French poll for nuclear power", we come across a number of polls in favor or against, some are biased (especially those made on behalf of Aréva and the French government) and others are more realistic who show that since the disaster in Japan the majority are unfavorable!

You still make me laugh :D
Some polls are biased: those you don't like
Some polls are right: the ones you like

And the numbers are the same ...

tetra Becquerels

But yes.... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/11, 18:47

Addrelyn me there is something else that bothers me: is that we always spin the cash to the same ... I would prefer that this billion goes into the micro algae fuel see you !!

Could you remind us of 2 figures:

1) How many state subsidies does the EDF works council receive to finance the holidays of EDF employees and ... the leisure of their retirees?

2) What is the benefit of EDF?
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 27/06/11, 19:02

I allow myself to answer:

Christophe wrote:1) How many state subsidies does the EDF works council receive to finance the holidays of EDF employees and ... the leisure of their retirees?

I do not know if the EDF CE receives state subsidies but it is clear that its budget is considerable and not negligible in the final price of KWh. But, in my opinion, with the competition that is coming, the union lobby, which has managed to obtain a whole bunch of privileges, is going to be squeezed in the wing ...

Christophe wrote:2) What is the benefit of EDF?

1 Billion in 2010. The state is a shareholder of EDF at 84,48%.
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:
The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
Addrelyn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Addrelyn » 27/06/11, 19:14

1) How many state subsidies does the EDF works council receive to finance the holidays of EDF employees and ... the leisure of their retirees?

€ 150 and dust, but EDF pays nearly a billion each year to the state in the form of a dividend ...

2) What is the benefit of EDF?

a few billion normally

It must be said that from the large loan:
1. 1.35 billion goes to RES research
2. We are funding generation 4 research here, which France is committed to in the framework of the forum internationnal genIV, notably on two reactors, RNR Na and VHTR. Funding research is always good and you never know what you can come across ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/06/11, 19:23

you never know what you can come across ...

That is exactly the problem!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/06/11, 22:53

With nuclear, even with a research of a billion euros which will find nothing fundamentally new and creative in security, which will never be infallible in perpetuity, we are sure to fall on a Fukushime-Cherno disaster, sooner or later with 1000 billion losses, and an evacuation of an entire region for centuries, moreover unable to count the dead !!

While the development for France on the various possible geological terrains of the storage of summer heat for the winter carried out and functional in Canada on:
www.dlsc.ca
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... mrk29Z.pdf
discussed:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post203921.html#203921
and therefore the operation can be followed live on:
http://www.dlsc.ca/how.htm
saves a lot of dangerous nuclear power plants used for electric heating, eliminates any risk of catastrophe of these power plants, all the current CO2 heating, in perpetuity, without ever spending anything more consumable, nuclear, heat pump, fuel , etc.

It is staggering and appalling for our country that not one € is devoted to this solar heating so promising by its possibilities !!

I am disgusted with the mentality of the French who vote for nuclear power and who will find themselves completely dumped with their hyper-dangerous nuclear power when the different forms of efficient renewable energy will be completely foreign specialties and an entire region emptied of its inhabitants, incultivable, for centuries !!

French people don't keep voting for this crazy government !!!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/06/11, 23:14

dedeleco, I believe that those in power do not want a decentralized and practically autonomous system once manufactured.

On the other hand in the Canadian documents I see nothing concerning the costs.
Do you have any info on that?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/06/11, 02:01

I believe that those in power do not want a decentralized and practically autonomous system once manufactured.

more consuming nothing in perpetuity and therefore also without any taxes that come in, unless taxing the sun on roofs like swimming pools !!!

On the other hand in the Canadian documents I see nothing concerning the costs.
Do you have any info on that?

By searching well on Canadian research publications on the internet, one has to find, but I haven't spent enough time there.

Otherwise, I know on the internet that Canadians have given research grants on renewables which dlsc.ca benefited in part from Drake Landing Solar community, but I have no precise information on the price.
It does not have to be huge, given the simple technology, 30m2 solar collectors, basic drilling on 96m per pavilion (a shallow well), in comparison with nuclear power which benefits from all the enormous military research they almost completely bleed, that civil nuclear never paid !!!

In my opinion, we can greatly reduce the price, simpler sensors and very low price, with a larger surface area in summer (see the rudimentary forhorse test without glass 200l of water at 56 ° C: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post206741.html#206741
)
and simplistic small diameter boreholes used by geosec or uretek:
This company has a good part of the solution to drill inexpensive small diameter (2cm) in foundations with significant depth and waterproof on its videos:
http://www.geosec.fr/
http://www.uretek.fr/
as well as others in this niche that pierce as cheaply as possible before deeply injecting a very expensive expansive resin per m3:
http://www.archiexpo.fr/fabricant-archi ... -3812.html

So in my opinion, we can greatly reduce the price to be at the level of a heating installation with usual boiler, that she will no longer consume anything in perpetuity, and the current price has no valid meaning, as for the very first realization of a new concept.

So that we deign to consider it in France, we will need a Fukushima-Tcherno in France, with evacuation of an entire region for centuries, and with a catastrophic rise in seas from 2 to 4m per century (rate of 13000 years) engulfing all the coasts.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/11, 08:40

phil53 wrote:dedeleco, I believe that those in power do not want a decentralized and practically autonomous system once manufactured.

Of course and the whole problem is there: we subsidize, and we develop in a general way, which will bring the most margins and profits in the future ...

The problem is not technical but psychological: let's stop reasoning always by the method of maximum profit and we will have a chance to get out of it ... maybe ...
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 28/06/11, 08:59

Hello,
All agreed.
Besides, if we look from the beginning of the discussion iya the pro or supposed (little) and the anti.

So put your 1 billion for the 4 th generation while the 3 have good bills for us (extra cost in Flamanville or Finland).

or So in techno let's say green, it remains to know what these boreholes include in gray energy.

Basically is that France will be pioneer and OWNER of technology and will sell or will not be dependent.

While I will say that I have the same line as the Swiss and I think the German when we know what he projects.
How to make that a billion indirectly brings in 10, 100 or more, and that you can do that which costs nothing and is very economical.

Without the need to sell to anyone.

But hey I still have to dream, it's more enjoyable to extrapolate on the future.

a + claude
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"