Energy - "Degrowth is impossible" (Bertrand Piccard)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Kokopelli seeds
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Energy - "Degrowth is impossible" (Bertrand Piccard)

by Kokopelli seeds » 20/12/16, 12:07

Following this debate.

Bertrand Piccard (Solar Impulse, psychotherapist) is the founder of the Global Alliance for Clean Technologies.

"Degrowth is impossible" (Bertrand Piccard)
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/clean-fu ... nd-piccard

"Some people think that the price to pay to adapt to renewable energies is decrease: no longer travel, less drive, etc.
Especially not ! This has been the big mistake of environmentalists for fifty years. We need to depoliticize this story and decouple the issue of energy and the environment. "
Bertrand Piccard, Paris Match

"I am not a fundamentalist and I understand that the human being needs to have fun, to produce, to consume, to earn money. But he should not get out of balance with his environment. has two possible paths: degrowth, but I don't think anyone is ready for that because human beings always want more; or the implementation of solutions with clean technologies in order to reduce our impact on the planet, without affecting our quality of life "
Bertrand Piccard (Source)

"I noticed that the issue of clean technologies, environmental protection and renewable energies was not well understood. People see it as a step backwards with its negative effects, that is to say a decrease in mobility and living comfort, as well as a handicap for growth. This is wrong! What I want to show with Solar Impulse is that with renewable energies and clean technologies, we can doing things that were impossible beforehand. It's a leap forward and now anyone can use them. "
Bertrand Piccard, Paris Match

"You are not advocating degrowth?
- I am not at all in this vision. The philosophical dimension of degrowth may be of interest, but psychologically, it is impossible. A human being does not want to give up what he has, he wants more and he wants better. We will never achieve degrowth, except in a major crisis. The only way to achieve this would be to exhaust all the resources of the planet and to find oneself without energies, but that would cause a world war to appropriate the last resources. Our priority must be given to growth in cleantechs. China has understood that Europe is taking longer. "
Bertrand Piccard, TDG

Le forum Is Econology in tune with Bertrand Piccard's pragmatic approach?
Or with the "Green Khmers" (to use the formula used by Bertrand Piccard)?
1 x
Solar without conscience is but the ruin of mankind. The real green growth is that of consciousness, an infinite resource.
Christophe

Re: Energie - "Degrowth is impossible" (Bertrand Piccard)

by Christophe » 20/12/16, 12:15

Personally I'm more in tune with him, for me the notion of econology goes through Green Growth.

This remains growth but no longer based on looting resources and issuing CO2 but on fossil economies, the renewable and CarbonFree (or almost *) exclusively

Some members of forum are resolutely against this view of the mind and see ecology differently ...

* in global balance it is very difficult to find current technologies 100% without carbon emissions ...
3 x
Kokopelli seeds
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kokopelli seeds » 20/12/16, 12:17

Christophe wrote:Personally I'm more in tune with him, for me the notion of econology goes through Green Growth.

Thank you for this message Christophe. Happy winter solstice to you and your loved ones.
And congratulations on your work in favor of eco (no) technologies and a more sustainable world.
Olivier
1 x
Solar without conscience is but the ruin of mankind. The real green growth is that of consciousness, an infinite resource.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/12/16, 12:40

B. Piccard writing:
We need to depoliticize this story and decouple the issue of energy and the environment. "

All those who claim the need for "depoliticization" argue about the ideological character of their opponents, while they claim a perfectly neutral pragmatism.
This, of course, is an intellectual imposture: any position beyond the facts is necessarily an ideology, whatever the orientation of the latter. Any choice is, by nature, political and those who deny it do so to impose their own.
The idea of ​​"decoupling the question of energies and the environment" obviously participates in an admirable rhetoric: to reconcile our desire for power and our good conscience, as if energy were not the means of acting on our environment!
All of this goes in the direction we are seeing today: the excessive use of the dirtiest fossil fuels in peripheral countries * and the promotion of "virtuous" energies reserved for the richest countries ...

* Who supply us with goods of all kinds by virtue of another deception called "the dematerialization of the economy" ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/16, 12:53

Kokopelli wrote:Happy winter solstice to you and your loved ones.
And congratulations on your work in favor of eco (no) technologies and a more sustainable world.
Olivier

Thanks thanks...

Uh is not tomorrow the Solstice logically? Oh yes this year the equinox was the 20 September, so can be the same for the Solstice ?? :?: :?:
0 x
Kokopelli seeds
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kokopelli seeds » 20/12/16, 12:58

Ahmed wrote:Imposture
Above all, it is a strategy that is part of an efficiency perspective. Those who advocate degrowth have no electoral success. So if one wants to maintain a democratic system, the Piccard approach is relevant. Would a Khmer-led society be better than that of the Khmer Rouge? I do not think so. Jean-François Revel emphasized that the utopians actually proposed totalitarian societies ...

Piccard integrates human psychology and its driving force is efficiency in the real world. A free world.

@Christophe: origin of Christmas.
0 x
Kokopelli seeds
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kokopelli seeds » 20/12/16, 14:23

Christophe wrote:the Solstice

"Clean technologies allow extremes to be reconciled, as in Taoist philosophy."
Bertrand Piccard
My Island System

1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/16, 16:23

It's good this Bertrand!

Me who did not see him until today as an "explorer-businessman" ... well Olivier, you just changed my opinion on the character!

To do some swiss in the text:

Bertrand disappointed me in good

:P :P :P

bistro / I'm-disappointed-in-good-the-term-Swiss-am-explain-t14964.html
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/12/16, 16:41

Kokopelli wrote:
Le forum Is Econology in tune with Bertrand Piccard's pragmatic approach?
Or with the "Green Khmers" (to use the formula used by Bertrand Piccard)?

He forgot the Nazis persimmon! : Mrgreen:

I think the remark of Bertrand Picard is in phase with the project solar impulse: an artifice in the right line of sustainable development.

Degrowth as a political project has not existed (mediatically speaking) for 30 years, the "ecologists" (in particular EELV) have been entirely hijacked by the postmodernism and leftism... why talk about it again ???

To think as he does that technology will solve ecological problems is a matter of belief and the greatest naivety.
It must be understood that technology is not just a set of machines or techniques but a complex of ideas who are colonizing the brains of human beings in an amplifying way.
This phenomenon is exponential, its only "logic" is the complete transformation of the world, renewable energy or not.

It is essential to understand that any change can only be achieved through an awareness of the determinisms at work.
Technology is only a means, and the latter is a good servant, but a cruel master.

No realistic model reports 100% renewable energy in the future, and no one will be able to prevent fusion research.
Renewable energies serve only to slow down the trend decline in fossil resources ... in order to better enable their operations over the long term, the time needed to take over from more efficient sources.
Fossilless a model 100% renewable necessarily introduces the concept of degrowth, unless we want to export abroad (ex Desertec) our production via gigantic sites requiring a phenomenal energy expenditure, or to plant wind turbines everywhere in the landscape .
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Kokopelli seeds
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kokopelli seeds » 20/12/16, 17:45

sen-no-sen wrote:Fossilless a model 100% renewable necessarily introduces the concept of degrowth, unless we want to export abroad (ex Desertec) our production via gigantic sites requiring a phenomenal energy expenditure, or to plant wind turbines everywhere in the landscape .

Ah good?
1 - "(...) which makes a total agrosolar potential of 10200 TWh per year (...)". After: https://sites.google.com/site/olivierda ... grosolaire
2 - "requiring a phenomenal energy expenditure". Answer: EROI of 14: 1 => http://www.techniques-ingenieur.fr/actu ... ole-38798/
0 x