Energy - "Degrowth is impossible" (Bertrand Piccard)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Energie - "Degrowth is impossible" (Bertrand Piccard)

by Ahmed » 14/05/18, 11:23

Janic, you write:
Unfortunately, our civil society or medical, wanted to solve the effects without really tackling the causes.

This is what maximizes the energy or financial flows, so nothing abnormal in there. Medical logic, in its economic ideal, wants the patient to survive, but not to heal. Making cancer a chronic disease is the holy grail ... : roll:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/05/18, 13:15

Janic, you write:
Unfortunately, our civil society or medical, wanted to solve the effects without really tackling the causes.

This is what maximizes the energy or financial flows, so nothing abnormal in there. Medical logic, in its economic ideal, wants the patient to survive, but not to heal. Making cancer a chronic disease is the holy grail ... : roll:

Sadly! : Cry:
And who pays for the broken pipes, and I am not talking about the financial implications here because as the saying goes "money sore is not life-threatening", namely the suffering caused, the social and family tragedies and above all the lies (which deceive people) coming from the highest authorities responsible for the health of the populations.
A nuance all the same, cancer is not strictly speaking a disease, a pasteurian way, because none of the expected leaders, like viruses [*], microbes, bacteria, is the cause and they are even absent. It is more a question of functional disorders that disappear when they are eliminated by a change of parameters, as for AIDS ... and so also for civil societies.

[*] hence this "scam" concerning genital cancer where a virus becomes the big bad responsible for all the present and future misfortunes. Japan, which had the credulity to believe in the anxiety-provoking discourse of the labs, finally stopped recommending this vaccine on its territory.

Research in Japan links HPV vaccine to brain damage
ACUTE ENCEPHALOMYELITIS DISSEMINATED FOLLOWING HPV VACCINATION

By Dr. Makoto Yoneda, School of Nursing and Social Sciences, Fukui Prefectural University, Japan.

Adolescent vaccination with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines, [*] [*] bivalent mixed Cervarix and Gardasil quadrivalent, has been introduced to prevent uterine and cervical cancer (1). Since regulatory approval of the first quadrivalent vaccine against HPV in 2006 and later, the bivalent vaccine against HPV since 2011, approximately 120 million doses have been distributed worldwide (1). It is since 2010 that both vaccines have been introduced in Japan to be administered to young adolescents. However, it is with the increase in the number of subjects receiving this vaccine that some adverse effects have begun to be reported in Japan. These adverse effects include various clinical manifestations, such as orthostatic intolerance; postural tachycardia syndrome; pain or coldness in members of ambiguous origin, as well as complex regional pain syndrome; involuntary movements; abnormal behavior resembling psychosis; headache, general tiredness; Guillain Barré syndrome; Acute cerebellar ataxia and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) (2-6).

[*] [*] cancers are not caused by viruses! However, these two elements develop under similar conditions, such as strong alkalosis and strong humoral oxidation, and thus make a cause-and-effect link, unjustified.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/05/18, 18:24

impossible growth? it makes me laugh ... when the energy is really lacking the decay will be mandatory!

when the mechanical machines were weak we built big infrastructure to be satisfied with the low efficiency of steam locomotives

when the energy will fail it will be necessary to do with!

the problem is political .... if we had competent leader, the change would be managed properly ... but seen as it's gone it will be the big paddle
1 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 14/05/18, 20:11

impossible growth? it makes me laugh ... when the energy is really lacking the decay will be mandatory!

Energy will never be a problem.
In the solar sector, research is progressing very quickly: replacing money with carbon for interconnections, perovskite, constant improvements in yields, lower prices and gray energy.
In the storage it moves also very quickly and also towards a more massive use of the carbon.
And research in the fission of Thorium, fusion.

Energy is not the real concern: it is biodiversity, agriculture and the marine environment.

When we will have no more browsers, more ladybugs, more birds, more hedgehogs, more fish in the oceans or fish filled with plastic, when the plankton will disappear intoxicated, etc ..., etc .. .. well we will do anything chemical to feed humanity?
The lazy garden is largely in the minority.
The reality is that forests are massively burned to cultivate or raise (palm oil, ruminants, soybeans, etc.), soils are destroyed, sorcerers are played with chemicals,. .. The list is infinite.

When the oceans are empty and anoxic, when the land is dry, when the phreatic waters are empty, when many rivers will not even go to their mouths, what do we do?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/05/18, 21:05

ENERC wrote:
Energy is not the real concern: it is biodiversity, agriculture and the marine environment.

Jump away that the disappearance of animal and plant species is the consequence of the energy dissipation of our societies ... so it is the energy that is the problem.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/05/18, 21:42

Our friend ENERC is misunderstood on this issue of energy: indeed, the amount of available energy will probably not be lacking (which many fear), but it is precisely this continuity in abundance that is very problematic, since destruction of the conditions of the life on Earth and energy dissipation are two aspects of one and the same thing.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/06/18, 23:09

Bertrand Méheust was supposed to present his new work as part of the "Earth Day" in Auxerre, at the park Paul Bert*, but the absence of any organization has reduced the audience to its simplest expression (some were still looking for it after it was over). I was luckier than many, so I was able to talk to the author, listen to his presentation ** and discuss it later. I would not fail to publish here a review of the book, as soon as the reading is finished (unfortunately, difficulties have pushed back by a few days its publication and no copy was available). My fear is that, in case of success, the ambiguity of the main argument of the plot of the subject leads to a misunderstanding of what his editor is aiming for. Indeed, this fiction is based on the idea that money could be used to produce a shock of sufficient magnitude to undermine the foundations of capitalism and cause its collapse, but this is only a bias to provoke thought. and not a manual ... This idea seems to me as potentially dangerous, since already going in the common sense that postulates that money, provided it is used differently, would be likely to remedy the consequences it usually produces (which seems to me of great naivety).
But wait to see the reactions ... 8)

* The place was a room in the "Maison de la Randonnée", at the entrance of which appeared this sign: "Watch out for walking" ... : Lol:
** He was in the company of Nicolas Sersiron who had advised him on the technical aspects of organic farming.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/06/18, 22:51

I was finally able to read "La conversion de Guillaume Portail"!
It was, in my opinion, a bit crazy to adopt this novelistic genre, the antithesis of his previous works (at least formally), one of the dangers was that of a scrawny narrative plot serving only as an excuse to tackle more or less artificially a few successive theses.
But that was not counting on the skill of Bertrand Méheust who has transcended this style to provide both a dense story, robust and alive, and, through the effect of subtle artifices perfectly integrated into history, the many facets of his complex and sometimes contradictory vision of the world. All this also annihilates my previous fears (mentioned in my previous message), because the fact of playing on several registers * allows to bring to the work all the nuances likely to discard an unequivocal interpretation of the novel.
It pays the luxury of tackling a multitude of societal topics in a picked form, but always striking, to better draw a picture of the current evolution and the dangers that are at work, this under a a renewed form studded with linguistic finds: neologisms, word games; he also plays constantly with the names of his characters by transposing those of politicians or known characters, often with a lot of inventiveness and malice. It is this jubilant aspect of the author who expresses himself then.
It is therefore a book to recommend without restriction; It remains to be seen how it will be perceived by readers. This very readable form is more accessible than its more classical works, it remains nonetheless that this pleasant reading can be done on several levels and therefore remains quite demanding if one wants to extract all the substantifical marrow.

* Until the mise en abyme!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/20, 00:07

https://www.leprogres.fr/environnement/ ... e-rentable

Bertrand Piccard: "A world like this cannot be profitable"

For the Swiss aeronaut and psychiatrist who, through his Solar Impulse foundation, intends to promote 1000 profitable solutions for the planet, "the recovery will be clean or will be a flash in the pan".
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/06/20, 09:27

... yet another promoter of economic transition under the guise of an increasingly discolored "ecology" ...
0 x