Nuclear Energy: all your questions!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/11/06, 18:37

Christophe wrote:
Cuicui wrote:Not disadvantages, but problems to solve.

To solve a pb is it still necessary to have a chance that it is solvent because for the 1st indent of Woodcutter ... it would already be necessary that the theory ... "follow" ...
But JP Petit probably the solution (dictated by his pals the Umit€ $ ) : Cheesy:
Otherwise I think it is currently a very real problem, which is that the: https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-consomm ... t2700.html

The 3 billion degrees (nonlimiting figure) obtained by Sandia's machine allow a certain optimism as for the theory.
As for the warming of the atmosphere, human activity probably counts for little compared to forest fires, volcanism and especially the colossal energy sent by the sun. What is worrying is that this energy is no longer dissipated enough because of the greenhouse effect.
The current problem seems to me to be the following: until we have made enough progress in terms of energy saving and renewable energies (and we all work for that), we have the choice between energies fossils and uranium power plants (with all the mafias that go with them), and lithium power plants. What do you think is the least harm?
As for JPP, why always make him drag the pans of the Ummites? I think he is an excellent physicist.
Isn't it better to be interested in everything in life even if that sometimes leads to mistakes? "He who does nothing never makes mistakes, but his whole life is one" (Guy de Larigaudie).
http://www.z-machine.net/
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 30/11/06, 18:56

Basically, Z-machines are only used to study the possible magnetic configurations for the confinement necessary for fusion.

For current and future energy problems, there are not 36 solutions, we must remove the source of our problems, namely us.
I think we will have far fewer problems with half the world's population less. It is on a purely human point of view it is not top ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/11/06, 19:15

Chuwee wrote:Basically, Z-machines are only used to study the possible magnetic configurations for the confinement necessary for fusion.
For current and future energy problems, there are not 36 solutions, we must remove the source of our problems, namely us.
I think we will have far fewer problems with half the world's population less. It is on a purely human point of view it is not top ... : Cheesy:

I thought that z-machines were mainly used as an X-ray source to check the hardening of nuclear warheads.
From the moment the temperature is sufficient for a fusion, is confinement necessary? The z-machine is not a tokamak! The z-machine technique, by very short pulses, allows the fusion of a small quantity of lithium hydride. These changes in temperature and various radiations will have to be transformed into usable electric current.
http://www.z-machine.net/
Human overcrowding is a real problem, the Chinese have partially solved it, we will also get there with the increase in living standards. The population of developed countries is rather stable.
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 30/11/06, 20:44

I made a little quick shortcut :D
Let us say that in the case which interests us, namely to produce electricity with something other than a fission, the z-machine makes it possible to study the configurations of thermal confinement necessary for fusion. A Z-machine such that it cannot produce electricity, it would require continuous discharges and a coolant to make turn a turboalternateur group, not easily achievable on this type of installation.
Confinement is essential to maintain the integrity of the structure in the face of high temperatures.

The H Li fusion does not seem interesting to me because less energetic compared to a fusion of lighter nuclei and lower cross section. Unless Li is used to make lighter nuclei but there, apart from an activation or a fission which will eat up a lot of energy, I don't see.
(with a H LI fusion I don't see how we can make He ... if someone has an idea)

The common point between a tokamak and a Z is precisely this magnetic confinement and the impulse functioning. the X-rays emitted are surely due to the braking of e- to the stopping of the plasma that there is not in the tokamak.

Advantage of the Z-machine, you can fuse solids (in case it remains Li) on the other hand, it must be boring to manage the fuel supply or to localize the reaction on a precise surface of a more fuel large.
I think there should be fewer problems with the gas ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/11/06, 22:44

Good evening, Chuwee,
Have you never taken a little walk around
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... chine2.htm
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... #reactions
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... ements.htm
and following?
To the questions you ask yourself, there are proposals for answers ...
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 30/11/06, 23:13

Personally, I have only limited confidence with regard to the jp-petit site.
Still, by taking Lithium or boron and making a fusion, we recover a heavier nucleus so surely not helium ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 01/12/06, 00:29

Chuwee wrote:Personally, I have only limited confidence with regard to the jp-petit site.
Still, by taking Lithium or boron and making a fusion, we recover a heavier nucleus so surely not helium ...

It might be interesting to clarify the reasons for your distrust of the JPP site.
I quote JPP: with 500 million degrees we end up with the fusion Li 7 + H1 (the lithium hydride of the so-called "H" bombs) and with a billion degrees the fusion of Boron B11 with hydrogen H1. Extremely common substances on Earth. These last two fusions, giving respectively as reaction products two and three helium He4 nuclei, are basically non-polluting.
To check
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 01/12/06, 07:07

That's what I said.
An H + Li fusion gives Be.
An H + B merger gives C.
Is there, it is only with a hydrogen core.
Unless you have a fission (endoenergetic reaction on these nuclei), it is impossible to produce 2 or 3 He or else, there is a succession of radioactive integrations including alpha, which seems very improbable on light nuclei.
Or as I explained before, lithium is used as tritigene to have a D + T fusion.

It is precisely things in the genre that I blame JPP.
I have nothing against his theories, but to explain certain points correctly seems essential to me especially if he wants to be taken seriously ....
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 01/12/06, 09:53

I will try to contact JP Petit to give him an opportunity to explain himself.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/06, 12:03

Cuicui wrote:I will try to contact JP Petit to give him an opportunity to explain himself.

Chiche?

In my humble opinion, he will not come to explain himself here ... We are too "miserable" (= non-scientific) for him ...
0 x