Denmark: a model to follow?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
The Passing

Denmark: a model to follow?

by The Passing » 21/06/06, 23:40

I'm at Denmark for professional reasons, and I'm impressed with the amount ofwind turbines established in this country !!! We don't do 10km without meeting it, it's crazy.

But that's not all, between the German border and Randers is a windmill manufacturing plant, and it seems to be running at full speed. I encountered a large number of trucks on the road delivering parts of wind turbines to Germany and other countries.

On the side of the road, a nice production plant for biogas, solar panels very common in individuals and businesses (as well Thermal which photovoltaic).

This morning when going to visit the customer, a person weeded his land not with the help of chemicals, but at ...gas torch, the use of chemicals is prohibited for weeding.

Cars are taxed up to 180% here. So for a "poor basic VW golf TDI", it will cost you around 50 € ...: Shock:

It makes you think about all this, and I sometimes shame seeing the efforts ridiculous made by our country in comparison ... :( We do the minimum union demanded by Europe, but especially not more.

By talking with a Danish colleague, I learned that in some corners the wind turbines are placed offshore. And the sound of wind turbines doesn't seem to bother people, curious, right? Ah but I forgot, the French have much more sensitive ears than those of other humans on Earth;)

But what are our leaders now to stop thinking right / left and have only the mind in mindenvironment as a main concern?

My wish is that 2007 marks the end of the right / left / center cleavages etc ... and sounds the beginning of a global awareness towards our environment and our energy-consuming habits, since apparently the candidates who have already made themselves known don't seem to motivate anyone, whether they're on one side or the other.

Here it was, my "rant" one night :)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/06/06, 01:01

My wish is that 2007 marks the end of the right / left / center cleavages etc ... and sounds the beginning of a global awareness towards our environment and our energy-consuming habits, since apparently the candidates who have already made themselves known don't seem to motivate anyone, whether they're on one side or the other.

......you can always dream. I'm watching "cultures and dependencies" with Sarkosy, Max Gallo, Maurice Druon, etc ... and I can tell you that there is no question (Islam, relationship problems in the world, immigration bp , .etc); the basic problem of ecology is not even touched upon. We are on a earth that turns and works .. point .... the real worries are elsewhere.
When in Denmark, kudos to them ... and to the Germans, but it will be much easier for Denmark to have energy independence through renewable energies (small country) than Germany - a huge, energy-consuming industrial country; they will come, with the liberalization of energy, to buy the electricity produced by the French nuclear power stations !!!!

Cars are taxed up to 180% here. So for a "poor basic VW golf TDI", it will cost you around 50 € ...

Is that when you buy a used car? here it is to disgust anyone to buy such a vehicle. is it because it's an old diesel?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
The Passing

by The Passing » 22/06/06, 12:42

jean63 wrote:......you can always dream. I'm watching "cultures and dependencies" with Sarkosy, Max Gallo, Maurice Druon, etc ... and I can tell you that there is no question (Islam, relationship problems in the world, immigration bp , .etc); the basic problem of ecology is not even touched upon. We are on a earth that turns and works .. point .... the real worries are elsewhere.

I feel like I'm going to live somewhere else if this circus continues :)

jean63 wrote:Is that when you buy a used car? here it is to disgust anyone to buy such a vehicle. is it because it's an old diesel?

For a new car, but the tax must also exist on a second-hand car, weaker I wish them.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 22/06/06, 15:40

Won't inexpensive fusion power plants without fission products, radiation or waste change the game?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/06, 15:49

Cuicui wrote:Won't inexpensive fusion power plants without fission products, radiation or waste change the game?

Why not ... the day it will work.

Remember Super phenix which, based on this principle, has swallowed up millions of euros without ever succeeding in producing anything ...

And, I repeat, but why try at all costs to "manufacture" energy through atomic power stations when nature offers us enough (wind, tides, flow of rivers, sun, biomass).

Rather than investing billions in trying to build plants that, hypothetically, will give us energy in 50 years. Why not invest in the recovery of these many natural energies already available ???
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 22/06/06, 16:19

I guess Super Phoenix was based on fission, not fusion.
If we judge the results of the Z Machine, the fusion power plants, it's for soon, not in 50 years.
Of course, the ideal would be to be satisfied with natural energies ...

For info, I remind the message of Logan of the 12 June 2006

Perhaps you do not know what the z-machine is, a revolutionary discovery that puts fusion clean within our reach according to our Jean-Pierre Petit national.
On his site, he has already written a number of tickets explaining the case.
I put you links to articles in chronological order:
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... chine1.htm
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... chine2.htm
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... v_MHD0.htm
http://www.jp-petit.com/science/Z-machi ... es_MHD.htm
With Jean-Pierre, there are always several cases in the case. It is therefore surprising that the international media have not spoken of this discovery. In France, this would be linked to the predominance of the ITER project but elsewhere !? Apparently everyone is a little missed, not only French journalists ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"