Clean coal plant by Alstom

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/09/08, 15:34

C moa wrote:
abyssin3 wrote:Another little note:
Any study on geological time shows that global warming leads to an explosion of biological diversity. Which is it couldn't be better for the ecosystem. On the other hand, a glaciation (which could happen like other times, overnight, if the solar activity decreased), it is the cat ...
A question, a little philosophical (whatever), that I submit to your sagacity.
Personally, I think that global warming should not be fought to save the planet but to save man. Indeed, AMHA, the planet has seen others through the millions of years of its existence and its rise in current T ° corresponds more to a small fever linked to a simple cold. Cold caused by a parasite named man. Just as the human organism changes during a fever to kill the parasite, I think it can be the same for humans. If nothing is done, tornadoes and hurricanes will multiply, the melting of glaciers will make water even more difficult to access, the melting of the ice caps will raise sea levels and change the composition of the oceans by going so far as to modify the sea currents which globally govern our weather (Gulf Stream for example) ....
Combating one of these phenomena is already not simple, but humanity will not be able to combat them all at the same time. This means that humanity as we know it would be doomed (perhaps it is already the case for that matter) and part of today's biodiversity too.
However, will this destroy the planet ?? I do not believe that. All these upheavals will make appear new balances, new ecosystems will come to life, new species will appear and the few who will have survived will say that this time it will be necessary to do better than simply wanting to tame the planet ...
What worries me is not global warming, it's human activity: the species it eliminates, deforestation, and of course the depletion of resources.
Me too, because they tend to look at their little square meadow without taking into account that their activity influences the whole system .....

Hello to you, it's nice to find a brother in thought on the site (maybe just, haven't I had my eyes open before, or are my econologist brothers very discreet, hihihi), but here I am HAPPY to read you ...
I could not have said it better, thank you 1000.000 of X! You have acquired our sagacity!
Our mother the earth is actually sick of her men who no longer RESPECT IT, our North American Indian brothers have said and written it, the Indian sees the earth as his mother and thinks like her, his life is written in the circle of life. Thus, the Indian builds his house in a circle like birds ... The white man is sick in his head, he thinks in a square, he thinks of dominating the earth, he wants to sell and buy his mother (the earth) but it is not possible, since it is the mother of man, what human being - worthy of the name - would think of selling his mother?
Here, I pass you my own considerations, since they were exposed by cmoa in a masterful way!

Greetings from Lietseu :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/09/08, 22:06

C moa wrote:[...]
Personally, I think that global warming must not be fought to save the planet but to save man. [...]
Of course !
This planet planet story is an abuse of journalistic language (pleonasm?) To "sensitize" the general public ...

Even man as a living species does not fear much ...

What will break down at high speed if the changes continue, is human society as man (Western?) Organized it, and that's it!

Well, not that since other species will also suffer quite a lot, but nothing that calls into question the deoxyribonucleic life as it exists here ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 24/09/08, 22:15

Excellent analysis my dear lumberjack!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/10/08, 18:59

C moa wrote:Personally, I think that global warming should not be fought to save the planet but to save man.

+1000

Obviously, the media should have corrected a long time ago
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 25/10/08, 19:24

The man

Final step in evolution
Save him ???

He and his convolutions
He and his dramas

Find me a single living organism on earth capable of such destructive wonders

Save the man ????????
Who will do it
He
Itself

Pray my brothers
It's pitiful eh ... so many synapses ... so many neurons ... for that

It's been going bad for 2000 years (Roman Empire) ... why it should change with the current governance of the world

This P ***** n of globalization
Nice new order

How long have we known famine in France
But new event, it's fashion, financial famine
The virtualization of misfortune

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 25/10/08, 19:45

The east where the PBS secretariat

It's for registration
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/10/08, 14:36

Welcome to the Party! :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 26/10/08, 14:52

The worst part is that we are still going to invest energy, money in processes that do not solve the problems.
Coal pollutes, it kills miners, etc.
I am aware that certain countries, Australia, China, will use it shamelessly. If such a clean factory exists, it would have to be used (what a dreamer I am) ... But anyway, we will share the CO2 released.
Globalization?
Maudic(T)alisation rather ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/10/08, 11:26

Woodcutter wrote:This story of planet of planet is an abuse of journalistic language (pleonasm?)

I would even say more: a neoplasm : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/08, 11:36

Capt_Maloche wrote:+1000

Obviously, the media should have corrected a long time ago

For me it is not the man ... but our current "way of life and comfort" that the warming will condemn ...

Look at Blade Runner: it rains 24/24 ... because of industrial pollution.

In the worst case, in the event of a runaway and massive extinction (99% of humans), I think that the ingenuity of the human species and its technology will allow it to survive ... but far from current comfort!

The planet has already survived many mass warmings and extinctions ... that of the Permian for example.

Strictly speaking, "save the planet" is therefore a lie but it is "fashionable" ... and it sounds better (in a much less selfish sense) than "save our comfort ... Western"
0 x