Multi-annual energy program 2019-2028

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Multi-annual energy programming 2019-2028

by Eric DUPONT » 23/01/20, 09:18

http://www.consultations-publiques.deve ... a2127.html

At the level of the consultation, we hardly attended the usual lobbying of EDF engineers to maintain their production tools to such an extent that the comments seem to have been closed and that we dare not intervene.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/01/20, 11:05

Christophe wrote:For those who drool over this PPE and take it for the bible ... I strongly advise them to go see the projections of 10, 15 or 20 years ago for 2015-2020 ... and compare them to the real situation ...

It is not the same exercise at all. The purpose of PEP is to define actions that should be taken to achieve this or that objective, sector by sector, and to carry out volume arbitrations between them because often these are additional costs that will have to be well paid by someone. For example, the provisional calendar of calls for tenders for renewable electricity until 2024 is presented.

Then, as already said, the result will be what it will be, with big misses or on the contrary overshoots compared to the objectives. It's nothing abnormal.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 23/01/20, 11:26

Eric Dupont wrote:At the consultation level, we hardly attended the usual lobbying of EDF engineers to maintain their production tools ...

"Lobbying" is at all levels, and particularly in the environment. It seems natural to me coming from people who believe in what they are doing and think it is useful, that they stand up for their point of view and that you don't have to denigrate them for it. We have the right to be anti-nuclear without denying any moral motivation among those who are not. Clanism is the solution to nothing at all.
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 23/01/20, 11:34

yes bof I'm not convinced by what you say.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 23/01/20, 11:37

Water is like energy.
Countries like Australia or the USA have put that on the market (like oil, wheat or steel ...). $ 500 per million liters in Australia.
Peasants ruined by speculative investors.
In the USA, 1/3 would be bought by "green" NGOs to put the water back in the river
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 24/01/20, 09:29

In summary, if I prove that we can store energy with liquid nitrogen with my technology, there are 16 nuclear power plants that close and 6 EPRs that will never be built. IF I do nothing everything will continue as before. : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/01/20, 13:40

Eric Dupont wrote:In summary, if I prove that we can store energy with liquid nitrogen with my technology, there are 16 nuclear power plants that close and 6 EPRs that will never be built. IF I do nothing everything will continue as before. : Lol:

The future of France is in your hands. Do not disappoint us.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/01/20, 15:34

Eric Dupont wrote:yes bof I'm not convinced by what you say.

Can this be explained rationally in relation to the arguments I have put forward?
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 24/01/20, 15:41

well yes, i tried to put a comment on the public consultation, the floor is given only to the nuclear lobby which does nothing but repeat the same thing, intermittent energies cannot replace the nuclear. I'm not the one making a clan.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/01/20, 15:50

Eric Dupont wrote:In summary, if I prove that we can store energy with liquid nitrogen with my technology, there are 16 nuclear power plants that close and 6 EPRs that will never be built. IF I do nothing everything will continue as before. : Lol:

This is not enough. In addition to being technically feasible at significant energy scales and with sufficient efficiency, it must also be proven that it is economically viable.
You can store energy in almost anything, for example an inverted concrete "swimming pool" in the ocean that is emptied by using the superfluous energy of the wind turbines when it is very windy and whose filling. produces energy like a hydraulic dam when there is no more wind, for example a mass that is heated and which will restore thermal energy by cooling, for example a hydride which will absorb large quantities of hydrogen ... storage ideas abound. Affordable ones with no risk or additional cost, much less.

Eric Dupont wrote:... And as the nuclear power stations are going to shut down one by one, mechanically, the price of energy will increase slightly, so that when it reaches a certain level there will no longer be any need for subsidies for photovoltaics.

It will increase, that's for sure. But if our model approaches the German model, it will not be slightly but 80%. Or more. Because once the finger is put in the gear of the anti-nuclear ideology, why the 50% of nuclear power persist? We can predict that it will remain since we need large power plants for the stability of the network, but probable that new electronic technologies - which will have to be paid in addition - will be developed to compensate for them. In "econology" there is also "economy", but it seems that everyone is forgetting it, in particular that which households could do with all nuclear power.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"