20 kg of CO2 produced for 8.5 kg of gas oil consumed?!?!?!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/11/07, 14:55

Christophe wrote:
jean63 wrote:Christophe: a comparison between the different fuels, that interests me .... thank you.

Well at the pure combustion level, you can very well do it with the combustion equations: https://www.econologie.com/equation-de-c ... s-638.html

Just find the "n" average carbon atom for LPG ...

The advantage of LPG is that, if it is not used in cars, it is burnt in the flares of refineries !! So it's very beneficial to use it at the global CO2 level ... it is still necessary that the refinery is planned to make LPG ... which is not the case for all refineries ...

The advantage of LPG is that, if it is not used in cars, it gets burnt in refinery flares !! ... this is what I have been saying from the start and I got thrown out in particular by Lumberjack on the subject which explained that diesel sends less CO2, at the exhaust outlet OK, but not OVERALL; gold for the planet what matters is the global as for ALL PRODUCTS hence the very good idea to indicate the CO2 index and to TAX according to this one, which will limit the Pink Lady apples of Australia ... etc although transported by container ship, the "CO2 cost" reported to the apple must be low. It is also important for tomatoes coming from the south of Spain by truck.

For LPG and as long as there is oil, I will not feel guilty of emitting more CO2 than diesels (because it must be the opposite) and yet if I find the posts on the subject !! !!! .... and even less because no particle emission. By the way, what becomes of our friend Woodcutter, lost in the forest? I would like to resume the computational calculations with all the data. I must have this somewhere in a motorbike, I will have to look for some storage.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/07, 15:52

Well you know ... Lumberjack is flexible like a bicentennial oak ...

Good news: he's back soon : Mrgreen:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/11/07, 23:09

In fact, running on LPG means recovering refining waste. However, waste recovery = econological, no?
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/11/07, 23:24

former oceanic wrote:In fact, running on LPG means recovering refining waste. However, waste recovery = econological, no?

that's fine with me, but I'm waiting for another solution for my next coach; if I want to have as much space and comfort as in an R25, I will not find a vehicle of this size which benefits from the premium which makes it possible to compensate for the additional cost of installing LPG, because it is necessary that the emission of CO2 does not exceed 120 g / km (I believe), which limits access to LPG only for small Peugeot 107 style (if you see the size ...... it looks like cars without a license, in the trunk you put a shoebox and a bottle of wine ... for the road !!) and for autonomy, you don't have to go very far with a tank the size of the spare wheel !!! I would say 300 km max.
I think they were successful in eliminating the medium and large LPG sedans. I fear that all this rather dense network of LPG pumps on the highways in particular, will no longer be of use in a short time (I will ask the question at the Shell station where I am using to find out the LPG turnover for a day).

Besides, for some time now, I NEVER see a vehicle with LPG pumps, that must be a sign. The old LPG operators have switched to Hdi / Cdi diesel: more autonomy and less constraints for refueling (self-service station with CB at night, which is not the case for LPG).

... Drive cleaner => http://www.antargaz.fr/part_carburant_gpl.html

There are more than 1800 LPG stations in France => http://stations.gpl.online.fr/appli/index.php

There are even new stations which opened in 2007 => http://stations.gpl.online.fr/appli/ind ... pe=Nouveau

..and top graphics (I do not believe that it exists for gasoline or diesel a site like this => http://stations.gpl.online.fr/appli/ind ... ndicateurs

Well there I am really off topic, it aut that I open a new GPL topic to restart the debate ..... : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).