Do you consume how much electricity?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/02/08, 23:43

Nightrow said:

- Insulation it is true very good (apartment with in addition neighbors who heat a lot -> I heated a week last year).

There's not but must say what it is: the best insulator is the neighbor's shack! : Cheesy:
and if in addition they are pensioners and you work during the day, it's the foot! : Cheesy: [/ Quote]
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 06/02/08, 13:05

for middle

power consumption from February to February
for 2006/2007 12 kwh 000 week at -1
for 2007/2008 9000 kwh 1 week at -7

full electric house for 3 people

on the other hand if a device is not used we disconnect it

hidden consumption which we don't think of modem, live box, free box etc (about 22w)
cordless phone .......

on the other hand if someone had a tip to know what represents my consumption for heating
thank you for giving me a tip
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/02/08, 13:27

I can't think of a better way than to modify the electrical panel a bit and put a meter in it. That said, it is likely that the reader of the "night" index of your meter will give you an idea.
I think it should be in the 80 euros at a wholesaler electrician, or even flea market
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/08, 13:43

jessle wrote:on the other hand if someone had a tip to know what represents my consumption for heating
thank you for giving me a tip

Trick? Don't bother ... it's around 70 to 80% of your consumption ...

With Christine we will be between 3500 and 4500 kWh per year which is a lot for 2 but we have the solar pump (7 to 800kWH / year which is the equivalent of 2240 kWh EP ie 224 L of fuel oil) and we are working at home (1 pc = 350 to 500 kWh per year).

You will find an average of French consumption surely on the ADEME website ... for a more precise estimate ...

Another method: for a year you don't heat up and you see the difference : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How much electricity do you use?

by bamboo » 06/02/08, 15:20

Hello Just (it's Just your first name, right? : Cheesy: )

I have not yet made specific studies of my new accommodation.
In the old one, 2 adults + 1 baby, DHW + electric heating, we consumed:
- 20kwh per week in winter
- and 13kwh per week in summer
=> EDIT ~ 338 + 520 = 858 kwh per year !?
It seems little to me, but if my memories are good, the sum of the EDF bills brought back over a month gave an average of 35E / month (with subscription + consumption)
=> which is also little

NOTES:
- The apartment was very well insulated, facing south, I had optimized the heating program and the neighbors below probably helped us to heat.
- No device turned on when it was not necessary (no adsl box, PC, TV, chain on if not used)

lejustemilieu wrote:I just found out, that I'm a glutton for electricity
7400 kw per year, living alone ....
This consumption requires the use of electric hobs, electric water heater (200 liters), 30 minutes of heating the bathroom, every day,
The glutton is the 800 liter aquarium which eats 1700 kw per year !.
pc, 520 kw per year
the 365kw bathroom radiator per year.
It seems that a normal consumption for a family of 4 people is + - 3600Kw ...
So if I count 7400-1700-520, that gives me 5200kw, which is always too much, so I have to look for my other unnecessary leaks.
How much do you eat?
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/02/08, 17:14

indy49 wrote:Hello Just (it's Just your first name, right? : Cheesy: )

I have not yet made specific studies of my new accommodation.
In the old one, 2 adults + 1 baby, DHW + electric heating, we consumed:
- 20kwh per week in winter
- and 13kwh per week in summer
=> EDIT ~ 338 + 520 = 858 kwh per year !?
It seems little to me, but if my memories are good, the sum of the EDF bills brought back over a month gave an average of 35E / month (with subscription + consumption)
=> which is also little
RNOTES:
- The apartment was very well insulated, facing south, I had optimized the heating program and the neighbors below probably helped us to heat.
- No device turned on when it was not necessary (no adsl box, PC, TV, chain on if not used)

Hoot, you surprise me! No washing machine? or fridge? or hot plates? no electric oven? .. etc nor hair dryer? .. and so on ...

Just a monthly subscription is already 4,45 euros HT / month in 6 KW (I look at my bill).

I suppose that with the electric DHW you had a off-peak subscription and a power of at least 9Kw, therefore more expensive subscription, but Kwh cheaper.

If there is no error, congratulations; The neighbors had to heat well then : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 06/02/08, 17:39

Yes, if all electric (well, no hair dryer: I don't need it, and my wife doesn't have time to use it). For the fridge, it was all (too) small, but old, so I think my new fridge consumes the same.

I did have an HP / HC subscription.

I can scan the invoices if necessary ;-)
I'm used to nobody believing me and therefore also used to showing invoices.

It must also be said that I do not overheat! And, frankly, the sun did almost all the work. On the top floor, as soon as the sky is blue it heats up.

And then it was I who mastered the programmer and the thermostats. I think my wife would have consumed more :D

I should also have specified the place: Paris region => it is not at 2000m altitude nor in Alsace, where it is much colder. It helps.

jean63 wrote:Hoot, you surprise me! No washing machine? or fridge? or hot plates? no electric oven? .. etc nor hair dryer? .. and so on ...

Just a monthly subscription is already 4,45 euros HT / month in 6 KW (I look at my bill).

I suppose that with the electric DHW you had a off-peak subscription and a power of at least 9Kw, therefore more expensive subscription, but Kwh cheaper.

If there is no error, congratulations; The neighbors had to heat well then : Lol:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/02/08, 18:05

I am also very surprised: the slightest heating bath consumes at least 6 KWh per night! (easy 9 to 10 for 4 people, exclusive shower use)
Were you particularly Spartan and your baby too? :D
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/02/08, 08:26

It's not easy to compare electricity consumption, given the differences in energy use ...
http://www.quelfutur.org/consommationeurope.html
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 07/02/08, 09:59

elephant wrote:I am also very surprised: the slightest heating bath consumes at least 6 KWh per night! (easy 9 to 10 for 4 people, exclusive shower use)
Were you particularly Spartan and your baby too? :D

I think I am very energetic (?).
For the baby, we actually heated more, but it mostly boiled down to heating the bathroom. As it was very small, it did not consume too much.
And outside the bathroom, in winter, it's forbidden T-shirt :D
I know that colleagues want to be able to walk in underwear / T-shirt in their apartment in January ... => they need 25 ° C ... I find that not very respectful of the environment.

EDIT: It is also possible that our counter had a problem, but hey, they are supposed to be checked.
It's been over 1 year since we moved => I would have to take stock of our new accommodation.
0 x