Do you consume how much electricity?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/02/08, 11:53

Try to take a reading between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. (if your water heater is plugged into a clock)

a "shower only" water heater for 3-4 people easily makes 9 to 10 KWh per night, ie half of your consumption.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/02/08, 15:42

I just found 438kwh ....
The circulator of my boiler runs continuously, 24 hours a day, 24,365 days a year, and the most serious thing is that my oil boiler turns very rarely .....
So, I will have to make an electrical change at this level ... the circulator will only turn when the thermostat switches on the boiler ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/02/08, 17:05

to be debated.....

the operation of the circulator allows energy to be extracted from the boiler body when the burner no longer works and to distribute the heat more evenly throughout the house.
It therefore makes it possible to set the water temperature thermostat lower, and even sometimes the room thermostat (because it increases the inertia of the heating system and makes it heat up more quickly)
However, this can produce more condensation in the boiler body

here is an interesting link:

http://www-energie.arch.ucl.ac.be/cdrom ... ateurs.htm

It is also necessary to distinguish between "useful" and "useless" rotation time.

therefore, a distinction should be made between the energy usefully spent by the machine to make the installation more efficient and the energy actually spent unnecessarily.

Apparently Maloche is still in winter sports .....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Johnny
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Johnny » 05/02/08, 18:05

At home, consumption of around 1200kWh per year.
Normal, I am in a building with heating and collective hot water!
And in addition, I track each W of standby with my PM230!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/02/08, 18:47

Johnny said:

I track every W of standby with my PM230!

Ball sleeve!

(welcome anyway :D )
0 x
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 05/02/08, 19:01

elephant will take me for a zombie .... but I consumed (alone) 1700kwh last year, with:
- electric heating and DHW.
- Fixed pc often on.
- Insulation it is true very good (apartment with in addition neighbors who heat a lot -> I heated a week last year).
- energy saving lamps

It's nice to see that EDF overestimated my consumption by around 120% (they counted 3000kwh) :D
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/02/08, 19:10

elephant wrote:to be debated.....

the operation of the circulator allows energy to be extracted from the boiler body when the burner no longer works and to distribute the heat more evenly throughout the house.
It therefore makes it possible to set the water temperature thermostat lower, and even sometimes the room thermostat (because it increases the inertia of the heating system and makes it heat up more quickly)
However, this can produce more condensation in the boiler body

here is an interesting link:

http://www-energie.arch.ucl.ac.be/cdrom ... ateurs.htm

It is also necessary to distinguish between "useful" and "useless" rotation time.

therefore, a distinction should be made between the energy usefully spent by the machine to make the installation more efficient and the energy actually spent unnecessarily.

Thanks for the info, so I'm going to put an aquastat that will run my circulator when the boiler T ° is higher than 30 ° c : Idea:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 05/02/08, 21:30

elephant wrote:to be debated.....

Apparently Maloche is still in winter sports .....

But no, I'm not leaving until the end of February! Hi Elephant :D

I just read your prose the middle, indeed the secondary organs such as pumps, circulators, fans have a significant consumption when they are oversized and they operate continuously

For example, my circulator draws 0.32A at speed 2 for a small pavilion of 250m².

One solution is to couple the operation of the central heating circulator with the room thermostat in the center of the fireplace; the differential of this thermostat (T ° Delta between the cut-off and the restart of the termostat) should be set as small as possible, for example 1 ° C and will preferably be electronic with a PID type regulation, in order to limit variations too important of T °

This gain in consumption will be paid for by a loss of comfort since the heating circuit will tend to "pump", after which it will depend on the inertia of the installation, cast iron or aluminum radiators ...

This does not prevent a regulation of the boiler flow temperature according to the external temperature on the 3-way valve of the boiler

The boiler on the other hand will have to remain at constant T °, ​​or minimum to avoid the condensation of the products of combustion (sulfur and sulfuric acid) which is about 50 ° C I believe

But, if I understood correctly, your thermostat directly regulates your boiler
Never mind ! you can control the pump and the boiler at the same time (be careful not to go too high in T °), but you will have to set the boiler aquastat to 50 ° C minimum if it is fuel oil that you operate.

But all that diverts us a bit from the subject
What was the question? :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/02/08, 22:17

Thank you again for these details.
But, if I understood correctly, your thermostat directly regulates your boiler
Never mind ! you can control the pump and the boiler at the same time (be careful not to go too high in T °), but you will have to set the boiler aquastat to 50 ° C minimum if it is fuel oil that you operate.

But all that diverts us a bit from the subject

We are right in the subject:
I heat my house 95% of the time with wood or oil.
So my central heating (oil) runs only 5% of the time, and ... my central heating circulator runs all year ... for almost nothing .... So I have to change the operating mode of the circulator which costs me dear in electricity ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/02/08, 23:39

What was the question?

to find out if it was more interesting to control the circulator by the room thermostat, to let it run continuously (except in summer, of course) or to tweak a device which lets it run for some time after stopping of the room thermostat
0 x