Winding 6V to 12V on XT 500?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 21/01/12, 19:00

Hello!

so that the thread occupies the same place with 2 times more turn it does not need 2 times less in diameter, but 2 times less in section in mm2, therefore 1,41 times less in diameter

which means that if I do this, will there be more intensity? more watt ?? (depending on what is able to provide the magnet of course ...)

because in fact, what is needed is that the battery recharges quickly enough since I will connect the headlight to it (so when it slows down it will discharge ...).

Otherwise there are Xenon motorcycle kits. I have a bi-xenon kit on my GS500E. The lamp makes 35W and illuminates better than the old halogen H4 of 55W.

where did you find these bulbs ??? what do they have as their base could be a solution ...

Thank you!!!

Pablo
0 x
With patience, the orchard becomes jam.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/01/12, 19:22

if the coil has 2 times more turn and 2 times less section of wire it will make exactly the same power as in 6V

to increase the power it is necessary to find the place to put a bigger son

and again no illusion ... it is not only the resistance which limits the current, there is also the inductance of the leakage flow due especially to the shape of the magnetic circuit

with an alternative lighting the regulation is often bad, of the kind to burn the bulbs at high speed, and insufficient lighting when one slows down: particularly catastrophic when one slows down because one is dazzled by a car in opposite direction: it is when we need it the most that lights up the least

with the battery headlight is much better
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/01/12, 10:25

I have a 500xr which uses a Mixed solution which is very good.

The (code and headlight) is alternatively just on a network all by itself which avoids flashing the small bulbs of pilot lights and other .. and there is a rectified winding regulated of small power which would allow to charge a battery for small consumers ( pilot light, brake light indicators ...) in my case this battery is replaced by a condo to reduce the weight of the machine. With a good big winding well couillu the light intensity decreases only really on the slowdown as soon as the puppy stops 2000 rpm ca spits normally.

The alternator of my XR is still much more sophisticated than a mob. But rewind a mob-like reel I've already done dozens of times successfully. In addition in 12v you can decrease the section of the wires and the performance of your installation will be better.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/01/12, 15:19

: Arrowu: I too was going to raise the question of flashing lights, horn, meter lighting ...

When I was a kid, I had fired the battery of my trail and the first evening in a full descent, it started to light up very well ... then nothing, bulbs burnt out by overvoltage.
: Shock:
The battery plays a very useful buffer role given the rusticity of the turnaround ...
Fortunately, it was in the countryside, and the moonlight allowed me to return safely.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/01/12, 15:42

citro wrote:The battery plays a very useful buffer role given the rusticity of the turnaround ...
Fortunately, it was in the countryside, and the moonlight allowed me to return safely.

Correction on the xr there is in replacement of the battery a condo and a diode This network is used to feed the 3 pilot light bulbs (front and rear meter) the brake light and the indicators which I added without any particular problem (the rear pilot light from time to time but it is strongly shaken)

The big (or rather the big) windings feed the headlight bulb and the klacson. the "mass" of the headlight bulb is a separate mass.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 24/01/12, 20:44

Bonsoir.

Look on the ALTER FRANCE website, they offer the coils for 500 XT in 12 V if you don't want to start rewinding.

jlg
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/01/12, 22:36

citro wrote:
When I was a kid, I had fired the battery of my trail and the first evening in a full descent, it started to light up very well ... then nothing, bulbs burnt out by overvoltage.
: Shock:

For this kind of problem of blasting the bulbs at each overspeed, at Pigeot they sell you a Zener Diode of power which clips at 6 or 12 V, you never burn your bastringue again : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/01/12, 22:42

Flytox wrote:For this kind of problem of blasting the bulbs at each overspeed, at Pigeot they sell you a Zener Diode of power which clips at 6 or 12 V, you never burn your bastringue again : Mrgreen:
Hello Flytox, this may interest me, you have a reference. :?:
@+
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/12, 23:21

I do not know of sufficient power zener ... but I do the same thing with a large transistor and a small zener between collector and base

example 2N3055 too big but so cheap that you don't have to break your head

zener 12V 1,3W between collector and base

100ohm resistance between base and emitter

+ to the collector
- to the transmitter

this thing will be equivalent to a zener 12V + 0,7V = 12,7v

it's good to replace the role of a battery

it's not going to limit the charge of a battery, it will take a higher zener voltage to regulate to around 14V

if it is to limit an alternating voltage it is necessary an additional diode bridge

the original regulators are not simple zener which heat too much: it is often stuff with thyristor or triac on the alternating circuit, which lets the tension drive with each cycle, then short circuit completely the end of cycle so that the medium voltage is close to 12V: it does not heat but it is more difficult to develop
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/01/12, 08:27

citro wrote:
Flytox wrote:For this kind of problem of blasting the bulbs at each overspeed, at Pigeot they sell you a Zener Diode of power which clips at 6 or 12 V, you never burn your bastringue again : Mrgreen:
Hello Flytox, this may interest me, you have a reference. :?:
@+

http://www.la-becanerie.com/cyclo/elect ... nsion.html
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"