What solution for IR sensor lamps

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
h2g2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What solution for IR sensor lamps

by h2g2 » 22/10/07, 10:17

Hello,
I have at home two outdoor IR motion detector lamps of this type:
... who have an unfortunate tendency to light up a little too often (eg when passing a car on the road)
I try as best I can to solve the problem (so far I have not found anything better than sticking pieces of insulation on the detector to hide some angles Image ) but it is not yet ideal.
So I'm thinking of attacking the problem from the other end, namely to replace the incandescent bulbs (60 W, E27 base) by less greedy solutions.
I was reluctant to take CFLs because of their reputation for being sensitive to frequent On / Off cycles. But now I discover in the shop some Ingenium bulbs that apparently do not have this problem. There remains the question of the heating time. Since these detector lamps only stay on for a short time, it would be a little silly if they only start to light up when they go out or when they are no longer needed. So I wondered if these bulbs do not have by chance the good taste to light up faster also or, if not, how long it takes them to light properly. If it's 4-5 seconds, it's not a problem, if it's 20-30 it loses some of its interest :?
Thank you in advance for your enlightened advice
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/07, 10:27

The ingenium "heating" time is longer than a few seconds, which is what guarantees their lifespan. However, in comparison with other "low-end" bulbs, the initial intensity is greater as soon as it is switched on (% of the maximum brightness).

Now for the choice of the bulb all depends on the lighting needs you need ... you could think of LED bulbs, but most are rather unidirectional, so you should put the base perpendicular to the glass part ... something difficult to achieve I think ...

On the other hand if you need only a moderate lighting it could agree ...

One solution would be to shunt the IR sensor squarely to place it by an independent sensor placed more judiciously ...
0 x
h2g2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by h2g2 » 22/10/07, 10:44

Thank you for answering me so quickly :D
No, led lamps (in any case, the spots) it does not seem playable (and 220V their performance is not joyous-happy from what I could read on this forum, etc.).
If the initial intensity of the ingeniums is + big I will perhaps try it (after all it is a question of replacing 60 W with incandescence, therefore fluocompactes of 15 W should approach it quickly, I imagine) .
The solution of the independent sensor is more radical and poses a priori an aesthetic problem which risks colliding with the "woman acceptance factor" in my household ... to be considered only as a last resort. Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/07, 10:47

Ok, I advise you in this case to take a "Natural color" you will have a much more "white" light very close to that of the sun.

More information:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... -p-89.html
0 x
h2g2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by h2g2 » 22/10/07, 10:52

I had already spotted : Cheesy: Outdoor use does not pose any particular problem, I suppose?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/07, 12:54

The base is made of a kind of conductive plastic anti rust to precisely withstand moisture ... they also stand at -10 ° C (probably a little more) ... so at all good for outdoor use. ..
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/10/07, 15:52

There is nothing to do - I have installed many, including the most expensive: the Busch-Wächter- an outdoor infrared detector will never be stable: the wind, the trees that move - the cats, etc. .. .
Facing the road, only devices that can be properly masked will give satisfaction, and again ....

We must first know what we are looking for: generally it's welcoming the visitor and preventing him from stumbling: limit the time, limit the power of the lamps, focus the light to the useful areas, place led tags near the ground.
If the passage is relatively intense: clock + twilight + sodium vapor

if you have the means: mount a Rokonet Watchout on a post back to the street (with intermediate relay) it is very stable: it is used in alarm
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
h2g2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by h2g2 » 22/10/07, 18:45

Let's say that in our case, the choice of sensor lamps was motivated by several reasons. Lighting was desirable to close the garage door (separate from the house) and to illuminate the driveway to the front door.
But it is mainly after two attempts of break-in (finally a burglary and an attempt) that one chose this formula.
It is therefore also to welcome the visitor and prevent him from breaking a frame : Mrgreen:
This is obviously less of a deterrent than a real alarm, but we are not very tempted by the security arsenal and I hope that it is less annoying for the neighbors when it lights up unnecessarily.
So here it was, it was a way of killing two birds with one stone. I suspect that I will not be able to completely prevent the lamps from going on for no good reason, but I'm already trying to limit the frequency ... and consumption.
Nevertheless, the idea of ​​a detector on a post back to the street may be to dig (like the trench to pass the cables :? ). Thank you for blowing it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/07, 18:52

While doing a new circuit, pkoi not use a "big" spot to light up the bad guys?

Here is one: https://www.econologie.com/shop/project ... -p-57.html

And other LED projectors here: https://www.econologie.com/shop/projecteurs-led-c-113
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/10/07, 21:49

H2g2 said:

but we are not very tempted by the security arsenal and I hope that it is less annoying for the neighbors when it lights up unnecessarily.

a good alarm system (ie expensive, duly designed and installed by my company : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: ) does not light up unnecessarily. Not to mention that the majority of burglaries take place between 8 and 16 h when the owners left to work : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be