What white color for CFL bulbs?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
fxlacombe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What white color for CFL bulbs?

by fxlacombe » 10/12/09, 20:42

Hello everybody

New on this forum, I am looking for information on compact fluorescent lamps to replace all normal bulbs in my home.
I have already bought some Philips compact fluorescent lamps (ESaver) that seem to have a good performance. Unfortunately for the same reference, I have that light very white and others a little more orange ... Visibly it is about the difference between the warm white (2700K) and the white light of the day (towards 4000K? ).
But it so happens that I prefer the light of the whitest ones. But what I do not know is if the whitest are 2700K or 4000K ...
Can anyone tell me which ones illuminate the whitest ones?
Goods.

@+
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 10/12/09, 20:59

the 4000 K is the whitest in your case.

http://www.foxalpha.com/tech/images/couleur_temp.jpg
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
fxlacombe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fxlacombe » 10/12/09, 21:13

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/09, 21:44

Hey funny delnoram, the overcast sky has a "colder" light ... I didn't know!

In fact there is still a reversal: cold white = white = 4000 - 6500 ° K

warm bland = yellow = 2500 - 3000 ° K

If you are looking for 6500 ° K bulbs (= daylight) here are some of them: economic and LED bulbs
0 x
fxlacombe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fxlacombe » 11/12/09, 07:15

In fact, among all the compact fluorescents, are there better brands than others on the following points:
- ignition speed
- consumption / lighting power ratio
- duration in time

and are there brands to avoid?

Goods.
0 x
zeflash
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeflash » 11/02/10, 21:20

Hello, yes I too would be interested in more technical information on these fluorescent & led bulbs.

I have already seen that consumption data and on the light provided, but nothing on the amount of light on time - a curve would however be very useful to realize the ignition speed!

ideally, all the bulbs on the market should be tested. It would be nice :)
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 22/02/10, 21:26

Megaman light bulbs of the day are great for the bathroom. I tested :

To have tested the model Megaman 23W daylight I can say that this bulb is very slow to heat, about 5 min visually to deliver its full light (I use it every day). The 11w model is faster, about half the time to reach 100% (I let 24h / 24 run to illuminate the entire ground floor)

For the rest, I found a parade for the 23W model and so I take advantage directly of a light color of the day and well distributed: I installed 6 spots with latest generation Elix 4w 6500 K bulbs outings on the econological shop.

At startup I have an already powerful instant lighting, which comes to be completed by the bulb Megaman 23W which delivers a very homogeneous light and in the same spectrum as the led bulbs.

Of course all this is purely subjective, I can not afford to prove that because I'm not equipped with high-performance devices. But if you come one day to have the opportunity to test by yourself you will not be disappointed with the result. Yes, it's expensive but it lasts a very long time.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 23/02/10, 14:51

I have been using an Osram 6500k 23W daylight for 2 years now to light my kitchen (~ 10m²): it takes ~ 1 minute to reach its nominal power and its light is quite close to that of full sun: fairly natural colors (nothing to see with "industrial white"), very pleasant, which "wakes up" well (useful at 4am before going to work!), on the other hand during the heating phase the light is pale: with this type of lighting, you need a strong illumination, otherwise it's unpleasant ...
0 x