Residual voltage in the sockets, OFF switch

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/06/09, 14:18

Christophe

There is also the capacitance effect between the wires which can bring a certain tension, this is probably why this continues.

Reedit: if you keep the probes on the wires and you short-circuit the wires the voltage will rise slowly which confirms the capacitance effect, on the other hand if it rises quickly it is induction.

On 600 volts three-phase (Canada) when there is loss of a phase you can have a reading up to 40 volts on electronic voltmeter.

You can notice that the thickness of the sheath for a wire of 240 volts (Canada) and a wire of 600 volts (Canada) is proportional to the voltage.
:D
Last edited by Alain G the 16 / 06 / 09, 17: 46, 2 edited once.
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 16/06/09, 14:55

I think Delnoram and Alain g are right!

I have an old installation is a lot of junction boxes!
It's frustrating to turn off, and to know that there is still juice!

It annoys me !!!!, but good !! Image
0 x
paul_f5hpq
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Residual voltage in the sockets, OFF switch

by paul_f5hpq » 17/04/20, 22:30

Hello,
is the problem still topical in 2020?
Containment allows time to be spent on such "details" ...
I confirm that the use of a high impedance multimeter does not allow the actual terminal voltages to be read.
Or take the precaution to put a load in // (a 20W filament bulb for example). There, the measurement will be more consistent.

On the other hand, an "LED" lamp, if it is connected to the phase side (neutral cut-off), can light very very weakly because of the capacitive and inductive effect currents, it can produce a weak glow from a few tenths. of mA.

You may also be confronted as my brother was with LED bulbs on a chandelier: if there are 8 bulbs, they start to banging, blinking erratically, etc ... At 4 it works but more at 8. Zarbi!
The lamps are of such quality (so does the wiring; o ((that the currents reinjected from the internal converters, start to beat. Nice example of mediocre stuff!
He bought models from another brand: no more worries, so he did a mix and it works, why not ...
There are studies on the quality of LED bulbs that speak volumes about these components.
to read !!!
1 x