Residual voltage in the sockets, OFF switch

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/06/09, 19:01

c moa:

a) it is all the same fairly obvious, if there was a "serious" fault as you announced, the circuit breaker (s) (we have several 30 mA) would jump ... and especially the "off" power would be good more important ...

The installation is about 25 years old.

b) any cable in which passes AC generates EM pollution ... and frankly having 140 V (but under a very low amperage) is not so surprising if 2 AC 220V cables are side by side dimension over 10 to 20 m ... There are plenty of transformer coils that are not 20 m long! Winding is "just" to increase or rather concentrate the induction effect (even better with a ferric core), not to create the effect that exists in any cable with no current!

I said it was stopped but not that the plug was cut: I put it into hibernation (28W of consumption).

I will still do some checks that you suggest ...

Ok for electric heating!
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 06 / 09, 19: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/06/09, 19:26

As for the armored, armored power cable (in Belgium VFVB) its use has been completely abandoned, even prohibited.

Why???

Didn't you explain that, master elephant, please?
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/06/09, 19:32

If I remember correctly, we can not put more than 5 sockets in series and ditto for lighting systems ...

In my house in France, I installed everything in three phase at the start and after under the advice of M EDF, I changed everything to mono ... (cheaper in my case)

It should be noted that all the gear had been bought in Belgium, for practical reasons ... and that I had bought only 2.5mm² wire which can be the least bit, I told myself ...

Good evening and meow!
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/06/09, 19:34

Lietseu wrote:It should be noted that all the gear had been bought in Belgium, for practical reasons ... and that I had bought only 2.5mm² wire which can be the least bit, I told myself ...

In this regard, little anecdote: electric dominoes are not found in Belgium (at least in my corner of Belgium).

As if it were banned in Belgium?

Instead there are bar systems from 2 to X self-locking wire (more practical than dominoes) whose name I don't remember anymore ...

X = 10 to 12 max I think.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/06/09, 20:01

Uh, I think we still find dominoes or sugar here in Belgium, but the self-tightening systems are more recommended ... because they do not unscrew by themselves ...

Meow
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 15/06/09, 20:05

Ah, so it once existed in Belgium?

Yes, it is much more practical the Belgian system!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/06/09, 22:48

Well, we mix the tea towels and towels a bit, I think.

Christopher said:

In this regard, little anecdote: electric dominoes are not found in Belgium (at least in my corner of Belgium).

If it is the domino socket (3 socket on a single plug) it is effectively prohibited since the 1980s.

Self-locking bars, what we call Wago
? http://www.wago.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-53 ... b-2116.htm

we never make a connection in a junction box or table with "sugars" (fittings in good French). This kind of m ... is tolerated to connect a chandelier (stranded wire) to an installation (single stranded wire). In a junction box, where there are screw terminals, or we use wago or conex (system where the wires twist automatically: ungrateful to undo, but what quality of contact!)

Lietseu: what did you do well to buy Belgian equipment: French equipment is undersized by our standards, more beefy.

wire section:

1,5 mm³ is tolerated up to 10 amps. (therefore only for 6 A fuse lighting or 10 A disj)
the outlet circuits must imperatively be made in 2,5 mm² (20 A circuit breakers, 1§ A fuses)

what else?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/06/09, 22:53

Ah yes, the LEDs that stay on, cut switches: this is an old one that we have known for a long time with fluorescent tubes. It happens (not always) when the switch interrupts the neutral. It is generally better to interrupt the phase. There is a leakage current of a few microamps, I don't know where it goes, probably between the armature of the tube and the ground, probably because the ballast has a capacity with respect to the ground: we are alternating.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/06/09, 23:02

Maybe you have an electrical problem in one of your devices
electric. This produces a current leakage to ground.
ground and neutral c is practically the same you need a switch
bi polar to isolate the part of the circuit which feeds your LEDs
to be sure that they are no longer connected. It is very likely
that you have a potential difference between ground and neutral. Remove the switch
and disconnect the 2 conductors that go to the leds to see what
it gives.

I have a somewhat similar problem with an empty cellar pump
who has a big current leak. Once plugged in there is no
interest has a touch in the washing machine, dishes or sinks. Otherwise we will cum.
I temporarily solved the problem by disconnecting the mass
time to get another one. By passing this
current leakage does not blow either differential or circuit breakers.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/06/09, 23:17

elephant wrote:If it is the domino socket (3 socket on a single plug) it is effectively prohibited since the 1980s.

Self-locking bars, what we call Wago
?

(...)

we never make a connection in a junction box or table with "sugars" (fittings in good French). This kind of m ... is tolerated to connect a chandelier (stranded wire) to an installation (single stranded wire). In a junction box, where there are screw terminals, or we use wago or conex (system where the wires twist automatically: ungrateful to undo, but what quality of contact!)

Yes it was Wago I thought, now I know the name !!

In France (and elsewhere) there is still a lot of "sugar" in the junction boxes ... whether in the home or elsewhere (boat, generator ...) ... I had never seen de Wago before coming to Wallonia ...

elephant wrote:French equipment is undersized

(...)

what else?

Beer can be? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

ps: this is not a phase / neutral problem since when my PC is cut ... it no longer flashes! But actually I found that on some wire the neutral and the phase were reversed ... but will find or it is reversed!
0 x