Privacy Violation: Microsoft Vista Worse than Google

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Privacy Violation: Microsoft Vista Worse than Google

by Christophe » 04/04/08, 17:23

We are painfully "testing" the big shit (resource only) that is Windows Vista (Sold in forced sale on a new laptop) ...

So it was just to launch a rant to all those who yell about the name respect for privacy by Google or Yahoo (for example) and who would use Vista at the same time ...

Because Vista does not even hide anymore to show that it is a big spyware all by itself ... : Mrgreen: moreover you are not obliged to use GG unlike vista installed automatically ... : Evil:

The worst part is that it gives the impression of being "secure" by asking for legal confirmations all the time ... In short, avoid Vista as much as possible ...

It would be to see what it sends as info to microsoft constantly ...

In short Vista is an annoying OS, a heart attack doper ...

I think we're going to install linux ... anyway it's 100% work on this laptop ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/04/08, 19:59

Bonjour à tous

As long as XP will work correctly on my bike, I will not change to this m .... from Vista. (Can be in Linux too). This is not why XP deprives itself of rummaging through our pants .... Among the most "beautiful" Spyware, there is Window Media Player which is prohibited from functioning on my computer. : Mrgreen:

Another big stew, but from Google: Picasa, like Pique Assiette. If you configure your firewall to prohibit access to this stew on the internet ... it no longer works! So sorting your images,, your images + I don't know what else, that you do for you at home, (everything?) Is good to be stolen and belongs to Google ???? : Shock:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 04/04/08, 20:36

I think I am one of the first to shit on microsoft, but I admit that the Vista I have on my laptop which is one of the least powerful and cheapest (400 euro) on the market works pretty well.

Obviously, you have to start by transferring all the software delivered with the machine, starting with Norton (Anti) Virus.

Also, my vista is a basic version, so in fact a system close to XP. And then I deactivated all the unnecessary services as I would have done for an XP ...

Assessment, for a Celeron 540, at 1,8Ghz, it works in the hair for the use that I make of it ... Quick to resume from the standby mode etc ...

The only time when my laptop rags miserably is when I have no more wifi ...

I am a little disappointed not to be able to operate my favorite firewall (Kerio), but good behind a box it already limits the possible attacks.

SixK
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 04/04/08, 21:42

I have been on linux for quite some time now and I admit that I would really find it hard to go back to windows now, if only ideologically ...
No more fishing for anti-spyware, anti-virus, anti-intrusion, in short, annoyance ... I don't want to seem to spit on windows (whatever it is ...), it's a product quality general public where everything is based on ergonomics and who does the job (sometimes ...) that we ask ...
However the faults which are specific to it, namely simply being the victim of its "popularity" which exposes it more than another OS to attacks to which it is (very) vulnerable, are the result of a proprietary system which hides its sources. and prevents anyone from repairing the problems encountered on the fly and above all, above all, not pointing out the problems encountered to other users. I'm not making it up, it's written in black and white in the license. Absolute prohibition to reveal the slightest problem, the slightest security breach to anyone other than MS ... : Evil:
On the other hand, the commercial, anti-competitive and monopolistic practices of MS, which I find absolutely anti-economic, frankly debect me, their agreements with different hardware manufacturers (notably intel)

-1) to develop the "fritz" chip which will soon be involved in spying on your bike and which is already present in each processor (if I remember correctly, or perhaps on the motherboard ...) and who is only waiting for instructions to activate and authorize you or not to view this or that document, to install this or that program, to decide for you which file is legal or not and to delete it if necessary without asking you what whether, or even allowing you or not to change OS

-2) so that they do not develop drivers for free systems like Linux,

make me sick ...

Fortunately the last point if it is annoying at first, can prove to be an asset for this free OS, knowing that it will always have a community of developers who look into the matter, and in general, all the hardware is supported, some much better than under windows, with a little delay certainly, but above all feedback on its quality ... Others, of course, less well, if at all, developers have no access to necessary information, oblige to inquire before the purchase of peripherals ...

I fully understand people who hesitate to take the plunge to change the OS, but over time Linux has become as user-friendly as windows, and does not require more learning, with the major distributions (Debian, Mandrake, Suse. ..) ... We are a little disoriented at the start, but we get used to it as quickly as when we change our version of windows, when changing machines or we force you at the expense of about 20% of the price of it, even if you are told that it is "offered" and which results from an absolutely illegal practice of joint and forced sale ... But when you are familiar .... What comfort !!!
I would change it for nothing in the world ... All software available for Windows has an equivalent !!! Very often with less attractive interfaces, but in any case, very often as efficient, or even more ...

Well, with that if that does not encourage you to take the plunge, well continue to make me laugh while blowing or cursing after your windaube ... And in addition, for those who are tempted, there are Linux distributions bootable directly on CD or DVD (quite long anyway, the boot ...) which can allow testing without installing ANYTHING !!! Life is not beautiful !!! ???
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 04/04/08, 23:02

It is especially serious that one cannot be reimbursed for the windaube installed by force on the PC unless there is a trial ...

Fortunately I mount my PC myself, well!
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 05/04/08, 11:09

I'm still running XP, I'm not a big computer genius but I learned the collaborations of window media player, so it's with pleasure that I deleted it without trial since I use VLC
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"