USB webcam video surveillance?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

USB webcam video surveillance?

by Moindreffor » 11/01/19, 14:52

Hello
I am looking to install a small monitoring system by Webcam
here I have a USB webcam that I want to connect to my PC, but it can recognize only one at a time
it is for the school project of my son, so we would like to go to the simplest, and cheapest where the 2 webcam USB
merci de votre aide
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Christophe

Re: video surveillance by USB webcam

by Christophe » 12/01/19, 16:32

I do not know the purpose of the exact project but it is better to use network cameras (wifi or ethernet) rather than USB when you want to make video surveillance ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: video surveillance by USB webcam

by Moindreffor » 13/01/19, 12:49

Christophe wrote:I do not know the purpose of the exact project but it is better to use network cameras (wifi or ethernet) rather than USB when you want to make video surveillance ...

we had gone on the USB camera because we had available 2 Webcam, and actually it does not work, hence the question asked here is a stupid techno school project, home automation is on the program, so the idea was to monitor the dog in our absence : Mrgreen: you have to find a starting idea
so if some still have a solution in USB we remain takers, but our personal research had us oriented to the wifi, we will look with ethernet
please
0 x
(of me)
Christophe

Re: Video surveillance by USB webcam?

by Christophe » 13/01/19, 15:44

If you absolutely want to use these 2 USB webcam in an eco-educational pub then you can try to find a USB to Ethernet / wifi converter (if it exists in this sense because all I found was in the other sense) ... but it seems very complicated and certainly more expensive in the end than the purchase of 2 network cameras ...

Afterwards with Ardunio you can do "everything" but it takes time and motivation ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/01/19, 19:57

Christophe wrote:If you absolutely want to use these 2 USB webcam in an eco-educational pub then you can try to find a USB to Ethernet / wifi converter (if it exists in this sense because all I found was in the other sense) ... but it seems very complicated and certainly more expensive in the end than the purchase of 2 network cameras ...

Afterwards with Ardunio you can do "everything" but it takes time and motivation ...

we have an arduino, but we are beginners, so it is a way that can be a little complicated to follow, we are bound by the time
what do you recommend ethernet or wifi? for the price I think it will be in the same waters, so let's talk about feasibility, it must remain at a level of understanding of a student of 4ème
0 x
(of me)
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/19, 01:10

A network camera often has the 2 features and no, no big difference in price between 2.

Anyway, you have to power it so you have to sort a son and therefore gain so take an Ethernet version ...

In addition, the wifi is struggling to pass several walls so it will be more reliable and, paranoid mode, the wifi can be scrambled.
A bank does not use a Wifi camera : Cheesy:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 14/01/19, 07:42

Christophe wrote:A network camera often has the 2 features and no, no big difference in price between 2.

Anyway, you have to power it so you have to sort a son and therefore gain so take an Ethernet version ...

In addition, the wifi is struggling to pass several walls so it will be more reliable and, paranoid mode, the wifi can be scrambled.
A bank does not use a Wifi camera : Cheesy:

yes, as it is necessary to feed the sheathing is mandatory so ethernet will probably be our choice, I'll let him get a little if need I'll come back to you
please
0 x
(of me)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/01/19, 09:06

You can turn an old smartphone into a surveillance camera https://www.numerama.com/tech/131766-tr ... wi-fi.html
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 14/01/19, 11:42

izentrop wrote:You can turn an old smartphone into a surveillance camera https://www.numerama.com/tech/131766-tr ... wi-fi.html

thank you I look at that too
0 x
(of me)