Flat bike (store and sell the energy to EDF)?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
tekren
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Flat bike (store and sell the energy to EDF)?

by tekren » 05/08/10, 13:44

Hello,

The subject of my message is already very explicit, I will repeat myself very little. Being a great cyclist, both indoor and outdoor cycling, I would like to know if with my current indoor bike, I could have set up a system allowing me to store the energy produced by the bike . And perhaps, once this energy is stored, then resell it to our very dear EDF (even if it means making the most of the effort :D ).

From there several questions arose to me:

-Is the system to be put in place to achieve this objective complex? Expensive? Really profitable? If so in the short term? Middle term ? Long term ?
-By taking into account the fact that I practice on average 1 hour of cycling per day.
-Is it really possible to resell this energy to EDF (in the same way as some do with their solar panels)? And if yes, how ?

If any of you can enlighten / teach me, I would be very grateful.

On these words, have a nice day .

Sincerely Tekren
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 05/08/10, 14:22

Welcome to econology tekren. To start a little reading:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/velo-d-app ... t2867.html
0 x
To argue.
tekren
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tekren » 05/08/10, 15:10

Only 40W / h .. (I who thought that humans were more productive :D) In the long term .. hum ==> 40 * 365 = 14600W / year is it not profitable? ("Theoretically speaking").

EDF wouldn't want it ..? The price of the installation is too expensive compared to the rent? And if not, how can we sell this energy back to EDF?

PS: In spite of everything, I would like if possible, that one deepens me the device to put in place for the storage of this energy.

Thank you for your attention .

Sincerely Tekren
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 05/08/10, 15:41

You do not seem to understand: 14kwh over 1 year is nothing at all ...
At the EDF sale price, that's p'tèt € 1,50 ... : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/10, 19:49

And at least 15 € in food ... (yum yum, not electric) : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Here, without laughing, it would be funny to estimate the food cost per "human" kWh ...

Knowing that a muscle has roughly a performance of 20% and that the performance of the human digestive system does not exceed 50% (but I'm less sure so it would take some research).
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/08/10, 23:10

Indeed the yield would be lousy!
It would take several (many ++) cyclists (gym therefore) to have a production worthy of the name.

At best, apartment or gym bikes are self-sufficient to operate their own electronic displays, not enough to compete with EDF!
This proves through sweat, the great difficulty in producing energy.

The interest of the bicycle, a fortiori when one is confirmed is to replace the motorized movements by the small queen, in this case the output and the savings are really worthy of interest!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
tekren
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Thank you

by tekren » 06/08/10, 10:32

Thank you to everyone for these many answers.

I fully understand the "How to Why" now, maybe later? Who knows ? We will invent a vehicle, a machine that can partly operate with human energy (renewable energy!)? Would that be a brilliant invention? Or who can make human physical effort "more" profitable by producing more KWh x) (to store it, and do something with it later).

In short, it is currently only a utopia, and once again thank you to you for this time that you have devoted to me!

Sincerely Tekren
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/10, 10:37

If you really want to harness and monetize human effort and energy, then just take your (road) bike as often as you can ... instead of a motor vehicle ...

Economically speaking, it is N times more interesting than the idea of ​​resale ...

N> 100 probably ...

The only place where it might be interesting to harness the energy of fitness professionals is in the gyms.

Do you know how much a jooging treadmill consumes?
Between 2 and 5kW ... it's huge and yes it's a big anti econological shit because there is no simpler than to run "outside" but it must obviously pose problems to some otherwise this kind of shit would not exist not ... but there not much recoverable obviously ... : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/08/10, 11:28

the real bike for a real useful displacement is double benefit: to use its small human energy, is to save the big energy of the vehicle <

alas when I move it is either to go to work too far to go by bicycle, or to go for races, no need to go there by bicycle because I could not carry what I buy ... or it would be necessary go there too often

So the bike is only to make rides that are useless when I have time ...

an apartment bike equipped with a good dynamo would be a good way to maintain its shape: I have already tested it is much better than a normal apartment bike that does not have enough power or you pedal in a vacuum

with a good alternator and a suitable regulator you can have fun looking for your maximum power, or seek the maximum power you can do for 10 minutes ... or an hour ... see your progress over a day on the other ...

It might be interesting for those who live in town and have to drive 20km to go cycling elsewhere ...

also useful in winters when the weather is good not to put a bike outside

practically a car alternator is a good basis: it can give much more power to the best rider

the performance is poor at full power; but becomes much better at reduced power and reduced voltage
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/08/10, 16:38

Pedaling a bicycle, like any strenuous exercise, is good for your health.
Grandpa I get to about 150W for about an hour and more (well trained, climbs to 200m altitude in less than 15 minutes with 93 kilos including 20 kilos of bike !!), I thus avoid becoming too weak and fat , old, for lack of exercise as I see a lot of my age.
Against osteoporosis it is also necessary to supplement by jogging on a hill on steep slopes!
I can do the shopping with 15 kilos on the back of provisions (or on the bike) with ribs and nothing prevents taking a small trailer with the bike !!
So we can go shopping with a bike, even grandfather !!
Finally, you can go up by pedaling on an electric bike without assistance and recharge the battery while going down the hill braked by the motor which in dynamo, battery recharge !!
I hate the stationary bike, when the landscape on the bike is much more pleasant and the efforts are much more varied.
Finally, often in urban areas, we go as fast as cars especially with traffic jams !!
0 x