Flat bike (store and sell the energy to EDF)?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/08/10, 17:55

Christophe wrote:
Do you know how much a jooging treadmill consumes?
Between 2 and 5kW ... it's huge and yes it's a big anti econological shit because there is no simpler than to run "outside" but it must obviously pose problems to some otherwise this kind of shit would not exist not ... but there not much recoverable obviously ... : Lol: : Lol:

In addition, it takes around € 5000 for pro gear!
Treadmills are first and foremost a marketing argument for sports halls, as are huge ellipticals, static bikes etc ... it reassures the customer and it looks good!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 06/08/10, 22:40

There are those who prefer to smell everyone's sweat, embellished with the scent of sneakers, rather than breathe in the exhaust gases.
It's a choice.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 07/08/10, 09:01

dedeleco wrote:Pedaling a bicycle, like any strenuous exercise, is good for your health.
Grandpa I get to about 150W for about an hour and more (well trained, climbs to 200m altitude in less than 15 minutes with 93 kilos including 20 kilos of bike !!), I thus avoid becoming too weak and fat , old, for lack of exercise as I see a lot of my age.
Against osteoporosis it is also necessary to supplement by jogging on a hill on steep slopes!

Good for health, the bike, yes and no ... and 73 kilos is rather the average size, me it is 87kg naked (and almost without fat) ...
I no longer cycle (except occasionally with my folding bike) for 15 years because of polyarthritis, knees bruised by the bike, on the other hand, after a long period of recovery and special diet (which I still follow) and gentle exercises (to rebuild the cartilages), now even intensive walking, no problem because it is a natural movement, my joints have recovered well, even the menisci which were crumbling !, but not too loaded and no jogging ...
In order not to gain weight, sport is not of much use: above all, you have to watch what you eat in quantity and quality: between the age of 20 and now, my food portions have been almost divided by 2 ... I have exactly the same weight as at 20 years old, my wife the same although we do not do sport (except walking) but we work standing all day every 2 ...
Osteoporosis mainly affects postmenopausal women, especially inactive, very few men ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/08/10, 17:32

oiseautempete wrote:

Good for health, the bike, yes and no ... and 73 kilos is rather the average size, me it is 87kg naked (and almost without fat) ...
I no longer ride a bike (except occasionally with my folding bike) for 15 years because of polyarthritis, knees bruised by the bike,

Cycling is undoubtedly good for your health (except on the motorway! : Lol: ), it is less traumatic from a joint point of view than running, and allows longer outings.
In your case it may be a hereditary problem?

In order not to gain weight, sport is not used much:

It is you who say it!
It all depends on the type of sports practiced, endurance sports normally endure weight loss.
There is often a misconception about the type of effort to lose weight, indeed very intense efforts of the fractional type, for example, only require very little fat burning.
It is the efforts of average intensities (approximately 50/60% of the MAS) and of lasting more than 40 minutes (20 minutes if on an empty stomach) which allow "to type in the fat".
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 08/08/10, 08:18

sen-no-sen wrote:oiseautempete wrote:

I no longer ride a bike (except occasionally with my folding bike) for 15 years because of polyarthritis, knees bruised by the bike,

Cycling is undoubtedly good for your health (except on the motorway! : Lol: ), it is less traumatic from a joint point of view than running, and allows longer outings.
In your case it may be a hereditary problem?

In order not to gain weight, sport is not used much:

It is you who say it!
It all depends on the type of sports practiced, endurance sports normally endure weight loss.
There is often a misconception about the type of effort to lose weight, indeed very intense efforts of the fractional type, for example, only require very little fat burning.
It is the efforts of average intensities (approximately 50/60% of the MAS) and of lasting more than 40 minutes (20 minutes if on an empty stomach) which allow "to type in the fat".

Learn more about arthritis ... it is indeed + or less hereditary since with me it started at 35 years old (but I have a fairly hard manual job and standing all day, it wears out a lot more than be sitting at a desk ...), but in my family if many had arthritis, no one has ever walked with a cane ... moreover people over 50 years old who have no arthritis at all is extremely rare ... a couple of friends who are over 50 and they were both endurance running until the marathon: the husband (a tall thin) had to stop completely at 2 years old, knees HS, his wife (small athletic) who is the same age is still running ...
The bike can be very traumatic if it is practiced in force and it was my case (it is not by chance that I farted 2 frames uphill ...), if you mill quietly on the flat, there indeed it is not too traumatic (except for the crotch, neck, back and hands which suffer from the not very ergonomic position: if I had known I would have done a recumbent bike very early on which is much more ergonomic ...
Endurance sport indeed eats fat beyond 40 minutes, but I don't know many people who have a hard manual job with staggered schedules and who do more than 40 minutes of sport per day ... in general. when we come home from work we are dead and we think above all about resting ... to be in shape at work the next day ... So there is only food ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 08/08/10, 13:36

Arthritis can be caused by wear and tear on the joints as a result of injuries, repeated movement etc. is therefore not necessarily hereditary, that's why I asked you the question.
If "force" cycling is bad for your health .... I can't even imagine what bodybuilding and gymnastics do! : Lol:

a couple of friends who are over 50 years old and they were both endurance running until the marathon: the husband (a tall thin) had to stop completely at 2 years old, knees HS, his wife (short athletic) who at the same age still running ...

Many Marathon runners suffer from this problem, I have a colleague from Reunion who had to stop death in the soul at 45 years old!
It must be said that originally humans are not made to run on asphalt.

The bike can be very traumatic if it is practiced in force and it was my case (it is not by chance that I farted 2 frames uphill ...),

I often train with some "old" (70 years old) who still make bike trips of 100 terminals ... he exudes health and is 10 years younger!

if you grind quietly on the flat, there indeed it is not too traumatic (except for the crotch, neck, back and hands which suffer from the not very ergonomic position: if I had known j would have done a recumbent bike very early on, which is much more ergonomic ...

I think you generalize based on your personal experience.
The body wears out if you do not use it, the reverse can be true in case of overtraining but afterwards you have to listen to your body, practice stretching (always neglected) and know how to respect rest times elementary.
Well practiced, sport STRENGTHENS the body.
Endurance sport indeed eats fat beyond 40 minutes, but I don't know many people who have a hard manual job with staggered schedules and who do more than 40 minutes of sport per day ... in general. when we come home from work we are dead and we think above all about resting ... to be in shape at work the next day ... So there is only food ...

I agree with you, it is not always easy to reconcile sport and professional life, however your remark does not constitute a generality and reflects your personal case.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 08/08/10, 14:39

sen-no-sen wrote:Arthritis can be caused by wear and tear on the joints as a result of injuries, repeated movement etc. is therefore not necessarily hereditary, that's why I asked you the question.
If "force" cycling is bad for your health .... I can't even imagine what bodybuilding and gymnastics do! : Lol:

Joint wear from injuries and repeated movements is osteoarthritis, it is not at all the same thing ... arthritis is an inflammation due to the deregulation of an overly aggressive immune system (it is a so that I am never sick and if I hurt myself I heal very quickly ...).
Yes, weight training is bad for the joints (and also the tendons) in the long run because we load a lot (I did when I was young), the gym, it depends what kind of gym ... is the Chinese gym there is no risk, on the other hand, it allows to maintain ~ mobility ...
When it comes to people aged 70-80 who are still in great shape, I know some, but they are always light people (slender), rarely tall, and who have never worked physically ... large brooms (even if not overweight) who worked hard and who still gallop at an advanced age it is so rare that they appear as aliens ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/08/10, 15:38

oiseautempete wrote: but I don't know many people who have a hard manual job with staggered schedules and who do more than 40 minutes of sport a day ... in general when we come home from work we are dead and we especially think about resting. ..to be in good shape at work the next day ... So there is only food ...

those who do a hard manual job do not need to look for a sport to tire themselves out a bit more!

I even know some who laugh at seeing those who run or cycle and say if he worked like us, he wouldn't look for another way to get tired

it is necessary to look for complementary exercise of the professional activity, which strengthens and not which wears out a little more!

sport can be a drug: I have seen it wear out completely by over-training

the subject here is apartment bike! yes it can be useful for the one who needs to do a little power not to get clogged and who has other constraint which prevents him from doing something else

I think that a good little alternator for an apartment bike would be a not stupid thing
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/08/10, 17:38

oiseautempete wrote:
The bike can be very traumatic if it is practiced in force and it was my case (it is not by chance that I farted 2 frames uphill ...), if you mill quietly on the flat, there indeed it is not too traumatic (except for the crotch, neck, back and hands which suffer from the not very ergonomic position: if I had known I would have done a recumbent bike very early on which is much more ergonomic ...

To blow 2 bike frames, you have to have a hell of a lot of weight, or an ultra light and fragile bike or to pay at full speed a hole 50 cm deep, which happened to me, in the dark night !! !! !!!
The position of the bike is ergonomic if you adjust it well, because I see a lot of people with badly adjusted bikes !!!
The crotch sulfur if the saddle is not tilted forward !!
The back and hands do not suffer if the bike is the right size!
I remain perplexed

Me it's the other way around, I have been treating sciatica for 16 years by cycling intensively on a hill !!
Watching the computer while sitting or driving in the car is sure to give me sciatica again and again !!
And riding a bike on a hill by muscle building and putting the intervertebral disc back in place has been treating perfectly for 16 years !!

This sciatica, 13 years ago, was amplified by playing tennis without training with my son on a forehand in extension !!
The next day I was walking on eggshells, at every step, with sciatic pain from the vertebrae to the bottom of the foot !!
I played tennis again with my son the next day, but doing only extension backhands, in the opposite direction, and everything fell back into place, like at the bonesetter!
True !
The principle is: if you have moved something, it is to redo the movement in the opposite direction, well thought out!
My knee gets stuck from time to time, during extreme movements, and I put it back in place with the right movement!
The first time, 45 years ago, I spent 30 minutes on the floor figuring out how to put it back in place without breaking any more, turning my knee all over the place !!
If I had forced myself, I would have broken my knee, for 45 years, from inflammation !!

Also I do not understand the non-ergonomic bike, in my opinion badly adjusted !!
A folding bicycle is often poorly adjusted and too small !!

Finally, swimming does not force the joints, but allows you to build muscle without shocks, if carried out for a long time !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 08/08/10, 18:23

oiseautempete wrote:

Joint wear from injuries and repeated movements is osteoarthritis,

Yes indeed, but it seems to me that osteoarthritis is arthritis, it is also one of the most frequently encountered.

When it comes to people aged 70-80 who are still in great shape, I know some, but they are still light people (slender),

Weight is indeed an enemy of the joints, say that each size corresponds to an ideal type of sport.
0 x