VAT on electricity at 19.6% at EdF, why? Evolution?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Did67

by Did67 » 08/11/10, 12:16

bernardd wrote:

- If I consume the electricity produced by my panels, I do not pay 19,6% VAT,

Logic. VAT is, as its name suggests, a value added tax. So it applies to your sale price excluding VAT (= value of your product).

What is consumed is not valued!

On the other hand, you pay VAT on your installation, the depreciation of which, including VAT, is included in the cost price of your PV electricity (deemed to be excluding VAT, since you do not invoice in this case). This cost price is ... higher than the purchase price from EdF with VAT.

But you're right, you don't pay VAT on electricity.

Note a remarkable peculiarity of VAT on electricity: is subject to VAT one or the other tax that lingers at the bottom of the invoice! The VAT on a tax is quite remarkable!
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 08/11/10, 12:54

Christopher said:

Edit, given the links, it would actually displace the problem of payroll taxes, but it would raise prices and / or lower corporate profits ...

All the craftsmen, traders, farmers, etc ... however complain of being crushed by the charges.

So social VAT, after all, except the name, has very little to do with this subject ...

Totally agree, but it might be interesting to create a topic dedicated to this subject.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/10, 13:02

For the charges, it is up to the State to better manage its budget: I consider that all the State's revenues come under the same Black Box... whether it is income tax, corporation tax, VAT, social and employer contributions ... well, that's kif kif bourrico ...It is up to the State to learn how to better manage its budget ...

In this sense I do not see what the social VAT could change, because without price evolution, it is just an accounting breakdown that changes ...

In short all this is rather HS, so yes for the new subject, in this case it would have to be created here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/economie-e ... -vf46.html and I leave my hand to you as you seem more interested than me in the subject ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 08/11/10, 21:12

Did67 wrote:What is consumed is not valued!

We agreed.

Did67 wrote:On the other hand, you pay VAT on your installation, the depreciation of which, including VAT, is included in the cost price of your PV electricity (deemed to be excluding VAT, since you do not invoice in this case).

Absolutely, but once the investment has been made, you have to compare the EDF sales price including VAT, and not excluding VAT.

On the other hand, if your installation is less than 3kWp, then you have benefited from a VAT of only 5,5%:
http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... _2892.php4

I don't believe that has changed.

Did67 wrote:This cost price is ... higher than the purchase price from EdF with VAT.

Well, it all depends on the sunshine in your area.

In a sunny area at 1000h / year, and with an electricity price of 0,12 € / kWh, you produce 1kWh / Wc.year and you therefore reimburse 0,12 € / Wc.year.

At the end of 25 years, you have reimbursed 3 € TTC / Wp, including financial charges, which gives you the limit of the acceptable purchase and installation price.

In the South, at 1500h / year, you arrive at € 4,5 incl. Tax / Wc.

For this to be profitable, it is necessary to install on a flat roof, on a terrace, or on a garage, without having to pay integration costs: because it is the integration that is expensive.

Thermal panels are immediately more profitable, because they are less expensive and have an efficiency 4 times greater.
0 x
See you soon !
Did67

by Did67 » 27/11/10, 15:44

Uh, yes, maybe.

In fact, I misspoke: I should have said that the electricity of photovoltaic origin is bought back from you more expensive than that which you do not buy.

So either you militate "anti-EdF", which is respectable, and indeed you produce your electricity without paying VAT etc ... And possibly, you follow your dashboard (I did not check) to know to which price you buy and you hope that it takes 25 years, etc ... so as not to lose money. Again, this is respectable.

Either you count, and then you have an interest in selling to EdF and buying back. That's what I was trying to say.
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"