Meter and electricity management in my house

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
grosillion
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Meter and electricity management in my house

by grosillion » 10/04/09, 13:31

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a device that will have the same functions as the future google power meter: http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/news/t/internet/d/google-powermeter-pour-mesurer-en-direct-sa-consommation-electrique_18257/
so :
-followed by instant consumption,
-conso daily,
-conso monthly,
-intuitive recording and use of data by graph or other on computer ....

does such a device exist, how much is it worth?
can we have realized this device or even?

Thank you in advance for your help

tof
0 x
have everyone start a day in something .....
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/04/09, 13:35

Hi tof : Cheesy:

Well, this is all done: power meter on outlet

But it does not trace the curves obviously ... and it only measures "one" take ... which can be an advantage ...

EDF digital meters can do the same for all the housing of course ...

Regarding the Google project it's nice but:

New Google project: connect the family computer to the electric meter to monitor consumption. At the prototype stage, this system awaits collaboration with electricity suppliers in the United States.

a) it will be expensive in electric monitoring cost! A PC of 100 W 24/24 ca consumes 876 kWh per year!

b) they will struggle with all the standard "counter"

c) there are already data acquisition outputs on the siemens digital electric meters for example, don't bother to google for this!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/04/09, 19:18

Why consume a lot of electricity? There are 10-cent room temperature loggers, and I'm thinking of the velleman DVM171 thermometer that you're selling that can store 16000 measurements and be read by USB stick. I think this is the kind of technology that we need to focus on.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/09, 01:16

Well yes I am impatiently awaiting the "power consumption" version of the Velleman dataloguer!

The GG project is good to use your pc ... which must be turned on 24/24 to monitor the meter:

To be usable, this service must go through collaboration with electricity suppliers.

(...)

EDF (or more precisely ERDF, its subsidiary responsible for distribution) is preparing to change, by 2017, the 35 million electromechanical meters for digital and communicating models. They will allow subscribers, it is claimed, to better monitor their consumption. But for the moment we are mainly talking about communication between the subscriber's counter and the supplier (by PLC, for current carrier online, therefore via the electrical network), the main goal being to delete the statement made by a traveling agent .

FYI: these meter changes will be made at the expense of consumers ... don't mess around anyway! : Cheesy:

Great we go from electromechanical which works for 40 to 50 years to digital which will work 15 years, 20 years at most ... is that progress?

Good otherwise on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dx38hzRWDQ there is this curve:

a) Is the consumption of the permanent "web server" = monitoring pc

b) the consumption of the "dryer" (= dryer?) is higher than the "heater" (= heating)?

c) It sucks a max the dryers but not as much as the curve in instant consumption ... Indeed: the peak of fridge (= fridge) are 40 times lower.

An American fridge compressor is at least 500W ... a dryer would consume including 20 W? Be serious...

In short it smells like a big pipo ... marketing operation ...
0 x