TV B Gone do you know?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

TV B Gone do you know?

by Christophe » 04/10/08, 14:08

TV B gone is a universal remote control whose sole function is to switch off televisions. The concept, quite simple in itself, was produced and marketed by Mitch Altman, an engineer in Silicon Valley. It is a diversion of the universal remote control: TV B gone scans the different frequencies used by the different brands by transmitting for each of them the signal corresponding to the command to stop the TV using an infrared diode.

This remote control was designed to make it possible to switch off televisions in public places and thus no longer "endure" permanently advertising or television broadcasts, in particular in fast-food restaurants, stores or even queues. This gadget arouses the enthusiasm of anti-television and anti-pub activists, who regularly organize "raids" in appliance stores to extinguish entire walls of televisions on display with just a few taps.

Enough to have fun at the carouffe or better at the fhnac! : Mrgreen:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_B_gone

Sold 20 €, it itches to offer it on the shop like !!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/10/08, 15:47

Ah that's funny : Cheesy:

We turn off an entire wall of TV, neither seen nor known, by putting the thing in our backpack with a clothespin that crushes the sleep button, and a mini hole in the story bag that the waves pass through.

You just have to turn your back on the wall and move the pelvis and back in time ...

Huh ?? We do it :D

But as long as going to the end of the anti-commercial logic, how is it that they sell the product 20 euros :?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/08, 20:03

Well, you have to pay the little Chinese children who make it, right?

For the example video: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=a7meXhQ5cpM

I think there are many other items sold for € 20 which are even less useful than this one!

The potential bronx at FNAC ... delirium !! :)
0 x
clarilau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by clarilau » 04/10/08, 23:19

if it really works it's exelent : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/08, 23:24

0 x
clarilau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by clarilau » 04/10/08, 23:25

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/10/08, 23:30

Yes so so !

For a court, it is more sabotage and an obstacle to the exercise of a trade or profession.

It seemed to me that it already existed, at the very beginning of universal remote controls.

The sellers were exasperated, but it did not last, because they were still on the lookout, and the "funny ones" were not very numerous ...
0 x
clarilau
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by clarilau » 04/10/08, 23:33

gegyx wrote:Yes so so !

For a court, it is more sabotage and an obstacle to the exercise of a trade or profession.

It seemed to me that it already existed, at the very beginning of universal remote controls.

The sellers were exasperated, but it did not last, because they were still on the lookout, and the "funny ones" were not very numerous ...

do not take it badly, and at the same time its calm their consumption of co2 : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/08, 23:50

The CO2 I think they don't care about ...

On the other hand it lowers their EdF bill!

They should say THANK YOU !!
0 x
sylvain78
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sylvain78 » 25/10/08, 18:28

I was part of these "commando" too funny I must have been 16 years old ... I can tell you that it works very well and even if we get caught, I do not see how they can take you to court for having turned off a tv. You put tv b gone on a key ring and tell you that it is a led lamp and that there is no more battery ...
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"