Dryer with heat pump, good idea?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 29/06/11, 11:15

Christophe wrote:Ah yes, cold water as a source of condensation ... how many liters does it suck per cycle?
For example, for a washing machine model that consumes 68 liters per cycle, the same capacity and same brand model with drying consumes 130 liters per cycle :!:

All this to return clean and lukewarm water to the sewers :x

When I said maddening ... : Evil:

Christophe wrote:According to this information, the cold source of condensing SL ... is the ambient air!

It seems to me that this is what chatelot16 wrote above :?:
chatelot16 wrote:the relative cold of the ambient air was sufficient to cool and condense part of the humidity of the exhaust air
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/11, 11:22

I had zapped dede's answer!

So to condense at room temperature (say 15 to 20 ° C) I understand better the electrical consumption for the heating of mind-blowing air ...

Why did no builder think of using a dehumidifier group from the start?

Ah yes tell me nothing, I found: planned obsolescence ... :|
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tumble dryer with heat pump, good idea?

by Gaston » 29/06/11, 11:33

swift2540 wrote:here I have to replace my condensation dryer.
While searching a little, I saw that a new energy class had appeared: the A ++++ class is A-40%.

It would be (conditional because I do not know) an internal heat pump in the dryer which would reduce consumption per cycle from ~ 4kwh (class B, traditional for condensation) to ~ 1.50kwh.
To my knowledge, tumble dryers with heat pump reach (painfully) class A.
None reach class A +.

I wonder if France and Belgium have the same definition of classes A, B, C ... :?:

swift2540 wrote:Anyone know or use these kinds of devices?
Is this a reliable technique over time?
I think it is LA good question.
The complexity of a heat pump (compared to the general simplicity of a dryer) represents a much higher risk of breakdown (and / or repair costs), which risks destroying the savings made on power consumption ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/11, 11:49

Yes it all depends on what engineers think about it and especially what are their "instructions" ... most current refrigerators still last between 5 and 10 years (and run 24/24). There is no reason that a cold unit of tumble dryers not hold the double since far from being used 24/24 ...

Finally, I anticipated your remark:

Christophe wrote:Ah yes tell me nothing, I found: planned obsolescence ... :|

: Cheesy:

In all cases I maintain my remark on the overcharging of tumble dryers: adding a cold group to a washing machine would only cost 150 € to 200 € more (price of a good dishu ... it starts lower) .. .

This is all obsolete marketing ...
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 29/06/11, 12:13

Small HS

Christophe wrote:O. most of the current fridges still last between 5 and 10 years (and turn 24/24). There is no reason that a cold group of dryers should not last twice as far from being used 24/24 ...

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

If your fridge is running 24 hours a day, it's a big problem ...

For all those interested in current electrical consumption the BE by Olivier Silder is a pearl.

Excerpt:
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/11, 12:19

aerialcastor wrote:If your fridge is running 24 hours a day, it's a big problem ...

Rooh the vile quibbler!

I think everyone understood: I did not say that the compressor was running 24/24 ... but that the fridge was running (= it was connected ...) ok little abuse of language I admit!

Don't you think that over 5 or 10 years, a household fridge compressor will have run much more hours than the heat pump group of a dryer in the same household?

I used a dehumidifier in the past, the compressor was running roughly (visibly) I would say 50 to 60% of the time ... when it dehumidified in automatic mode (i.e. it did not dehumidify not all the time)...

+1 for the BE of Sidler we have already talked about it several times here or there! It's heavy and good!
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 29/06/11, 13:34

We agree, it was just a clarification.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.

It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/11, 14:00

Ah I prefer this :)

: Cheesy:
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 29/06/11, 17:22

Special thanks Châtelot 16 and Gaston for these answers.

Thanks also to Christophe for
Don't you think that over 5 or 10 years, a household fridge compressor will have run much more hours than the heat pump group of a dryer in the same household?

Which would mean that the heat pump system should be reliable? (I write should because planned obsolescence ... : Evil: )
Because roughly speaking I spend 2.5kwh less on each dryer ...

PS: I already understood that the cheapest is the clothesline, no need to repeat it!
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 29/06/11, 17:46

swift2540 wrote:Which would mean that the heat pump system should be reliable?
Yes, that means that we know how to make them reliable, especially since in this case, as for the fridges, it is a "monobloc" system.

swift2540 wrote:Because roughly speaking I spend 2.5kwh less on each dryer ...
So 0,5 euros savings per drying.
If the additional cost is 250 euros, 500 dryings are needed to make it profitable.
How many years of use does it represent?
0 x