Eco-friendly dryer

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 28/11/08, 14:27

Yes, we have lost so much common sense (damn it! :D ) you feel like you are discovering a new continent when someone suggests separating green waste from the rest after a market or cutting off the water while soaping yourself in the shower.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 14:30

Yeah ... when we lived in Guérande in a 50m² that (I consider as 1,5 room (s)), luckily we had the balcony to dry the laundry.

In winter it dried out in the living room.

I wonder if it was not as forbidden to hang out the laundry on the balcony ... but it gives a charm to a building if everyone did :)

Christine will tell you more : Mrgreen:
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 28/11/08, 17:01

Christine wrote:Yes, we have lost so much common sense (damn it! :D ) you feel like you are discovering a new continent when someone suggests separating green waste from the rest after a market or cutting off the water while soaping yourself in the shower.

Besides, we use a lot less soap by cutting off the water while we are soaping ... well yes it doesn't rinse at the same time!
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 28/11/08, 17:28

Even stronger, soap yourself before getting wet!
Advantages :
-saving soap
-saving water since less soap.
: Cheesy:
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 28/11/08, 18:29

Saving soap? Hmm, it does not foam so does not take up volume so it is very poorly distributed! You have to put lots of soap !!
And if you don't get wet before soaping yourself, the hydrophilic part of the soap molecules cannot attach to water and form water-soap-fat complexes.
These complexes have to be formed during rinsing, so it is less effective and it has to be extended (even put soap back ...)
It comes down to the same thing in the end

Concerning the supposed uselessness of a dryer: in my family there are 6 of us, in the summer we hang the clothes on ropes, we have about 30m of ropes and they are packed when we only hang some of the clothes in them of the house (sheets included)
So I can't imagine putting this cloth to dry indoors in winter.
In my student room, when I put my laundry to dry, I have to use all the cupboard doors, chair backs, etc. as dryers ... It's unbearable

However I am not sure that the most economical solution (in winter) is a heated laundry room! And the losses through the walls? And the ventilation which is not necessarily effective (the hot air can leave before being humidified)?
At first sight, what power does it take to maintain the temperature of a laundry room of ten m², with ten kg of wet laundry? About 1000-1500W no, at least? And this for a good half day! While a 3000W dryer does the same thing in 1 hours, do the math ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/08, 20:57

Rabbit wrote:Even stronger, soap yourself before getting wet!
Advantages :
-saving soap
-saving water since less soap.
: Cheesy:

Oh yeah i'm not the only one who only takes one shower a week : Oops: : roll: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 28/11/08, 21:30

Hum

Yes and the subject feels it
Me, it's a shower a week with household water

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

I have the pool left ... too bad it is green

WELCOME
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/11/08, 22:04

Speaking of clothesline, there are a lot of clothes that can not go in the dryer.
For example, I have technical clothing for the mountains that cannot go in the dryer. And it's not just that kind of clothing.
In addition, I find that the clothes that dried in the open air are more comfortable to wear.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!