Transfo for Congélo? Enigma..! Please help

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 24/07/08, 23:08

[quote = "dsattali"] In fact in this apartment there are no fuses, it is a system of small levers which "blow" like a fuse.
quote]

I am not a pro in electricity, but I think I can clarify a certain point, let's start with the beginning 1 °: a differential not = a circuit breaker! A differential is a system which cuts off the current when there is a "current leak" to earth. The differential carries an indication which indicates the threshold that the leak must reach for it to cut off the power supply to the device; Standardized sensitivities are ID n: 10mA, 30mA, 300mA, 500mA, 650mA, 1A, 3A .
see here: http://www.stielec.ac-aix-marseille.fr/ ... entiel.htm

Second: "the fuses" = A circuit breaker that blows, is an electromechanical, even electronic, protection device, the function of which is to interrupt the electric current in the event of an incident on an electric circuit. are electromechanical devices etc ... see here: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disjoncteur

When a fridge starts up, when a freezer starts up, they "discharge" a large capacitor, which in an instant provides the current charge necessary to start the small compressor motor (which will be used to compress the gases for the warm, these by expanding will cool the principle is known, and of course they will do so in the radiator it is located on the back of the device

"The problematic transformer is an auto-transformer, that is to say that the primary and the secondary have a common point (and the 127 v winding too). It is possible that the freezer has a leak and blows up. the differential. When it is connected to the other transformer (which certainly has the 2 independent windings) as it is isolated from the mains, the current leakage remains on the secondary circuit. "

From this explanation I understand the following things, if the transformer does not include an earth connection, or if it is not connected to an earth connection a differential even of 30 milli-amps, will not be able to detect the loss, since it will remain at the secondary level which is completely separate from the primary level which brings the 220 V, the secondary provides it with the desired 110 V or 117 V ...:P
If you do not have trouble with this double transformer I invite you anyway to check the wiring at the back of your freezer, to see if there is not somewhere a son who would touch the mass du surgé and possibly replace their capacitor (if they are old), which should not be very expensive! It is possible for example that you have a false contact at the level of the lighting ... It is necessary to test all the electrical organs and their relationship with the mass of the device.
I call of course to all our most advanced electricians to answer the question of this brave gentleman, if you know absolutely nothing, at least bring a friend who knows about electricity with a multimeter, who will verify where the problem is.
With sincere greetings from Lietseu!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 24/07/08, 23:36

One more thing to check ...
Maybe your transformer is not sick ...
It may just be your fuses that are limited.
It's hot, the freezer consumes more, ... etc ...
Should see how many amperes your fuses blow, and how much current you draw .....
Maybe we should start there.
Good, go to bed :D
0 x
dsattali
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dsattali » 25/07/08, 11:35

(the electrical panel is brand new, and the installation had been done 2 years ago by an electrician, and the whole apartment works wonderfully every day =) I don't think it came from so high.)

Here is as promised the voltages found at the output of each transformer:

Fridge transformer (now operating with 2 machines):
- phase / neutral: 102,9
- phase / earth: 103,3
- neutral / earth: 00,5

Freezer transformer (now only working with the fridge)
-phase / neutral: 109,5
-phase / earth or neutral / earth: 224
-neutral / earth or phase / earth: 117
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 25/07/08, 11:46

Hello
9 in 10 chances that the compressor and hs therefore frozen good for breakage
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 25/07/08, 11:53

compressors often have leakage currents if this is the case your diff jumps
ps: it is an auto transformer so the secondary is not separate from the primary a leakage current goes upstream and blows up the diff
0 x
dsattali
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dsattali » 25/07/08, 12:12

1. ok but the other transformer, originally that of the fridge, is apparently not automatic since the leave "works" on it (in any case it lights up) so: (I don't know too much on leave) : does the compressor leak remain a problem if I connect the leave to the non-automatic transformer?

2. how to check if the leave is leaking?

Thank you for your answers =)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 25/07/08, 12:26

boubka wrote:Hello
9 in 10 chances that the compressor and hs therefore frozen good for breakage

Well, I notice that there is a problem with the freezer transformer; look at the numbers ..
Fridge transformer (now operating with 2 machines):
- phase / neutral: 102,9
- phase / earth: 103,3
- neutral / earth: 00,5

Freezer transformer (now only working with the fridge)
-phase / neutral: 109,5
-phase / earth or neutral / earth: 224
-neutral / earth or phase / earth: 117
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 25/07/08, 12:33

a good and what a pb: the fact of leaving 103 v AC does not prevent fct c is surely the values ​​of the transformer
0 x
dsattali
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dsattali » 25/07/08, 12:37

Re

I think lejustemilieu was talking about the other transformer, the one that delivers 224 and 117V in phase / earth and neutral / earth

Indeed, these are transformers made to rotate 110V approximately, so the 2 values ​​of phase / neutral are ok (I think).

On the other hand, why for the 2nd transformer, a 224 and a 117V ?!

And if not, boubka, you have an idea of ​​the consequences if there was indeed leakage from the compressor, and how to check that (as that we will be fixed!)

Thank you
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 25/07/08, 12:59

the 2nd messure is anything
0 x