Smart timer (s)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
xaviermarichal
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Smart timer (s)

by xaviermarichal » 21/03/10, 10:36

Hello,

After using a EcoWatt 850 to analyze the electrical consumption of the house, we are in the process of making a series of "improvements". But to do this, I can't seem to find two timers that are as smart as needed. Has anyone ever seen them like this?

1. "instant" timer
Our hot kitchen water comes from an electric mini-boiler under the sink. We had already put a timer on it to heat it morning and evening. CORN:
- it heats up many times for nothing if you don't need hot water that morning.
- if we need it at another time, we will blindly switch the timer to ON, and so it stays on all the rest of the day (and often we disturb the timer a little at the same time ...)

Is there not a socket block on which you can just adjust the ignition time? For example, every time I pushed on it, it would let the current flow for only 1 / 4h, the time to heat the water. And then overlap (ideally completely -> not even residual consumption).

2.battery timer
We wake up in the morning with iPod on speakers -> we leave the speakers on all night. But in addition, we put a bioruptor on the circuit of the room to avoid electrostatic pollution (old house -> no earth everywhere).
The ideal would therefore be a timer which would have a battery to run its timer, so that it really does not consume anything in OFF mode, (-> the bioswitch can really cut) and recharges when it goes ON.

Any leads, and any thoughts welcome.
0 x
Xavier
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 21/03/10, 15:27

Xavier

Welcome to econology!

This timer with an unmaintained push button would allow you when you push the button to heat your boiler from 30 seconds to 20 minutes, no power is consumed at the end of the cycle!

conrad.fr/minuterie_cage_d_escalier_serie_14_p_19103_19110_534400_534401_FAS

With this momentary push button:

conrad.fr/button_push_contact_momentane__p_18925_19008_123987_123988_FAS
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
xaviermarichal
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by xaviermarichal » 21/03/10, 17:53

Super!

Indeed, I looked all the time on the side of ready-made boxes, but a small assembly with a wall switch will do it very well.
Goods.

A tip of this style for the 2nd case?
0 x
Xavier
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 21/03/10, 19:19

For the second case, a good old battery-powered alarm clock that beeps: simple, cheap and bio-scam compatible, sorry, bioruptor ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 21/03/10, 21:28

Xavier

For the second, I apologize but I absolutely do not understand what you mean, it must be the terms used which are different from here in Quebec!
: Shock:

Otherwise Forhorse's answer may suit you!
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"