Popcorn by GSM mobile 4 waves - EM pollution

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: From Popcorn by mobile GSM 4 waves - EM pollution

by izentrop » 24/05/16, 01:19

Obamot wrote:you resume your troll behavior.
"2 hours to let the brain fluids cool" it still requires clarification. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/05/16, 06:21

If you want to talk about this stupidity:
izentrop wrote:It's a fact, the standards take it into account
... "They" probably have to take this into account! : Mrgreen: (you know guys there, with the white blouse ...)
► View Text
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/05/16, 06:57

Hey, for Izentrop who likes studying at "Reading committee" let him refer to it!
Santé le Figaro by Damien Mascret - 13/05/2014 who wrote:
Mobile phone and brain cancer: the risk confirmed

Researchers at the University of Bordeaux have shown an increased risk of brain tumor for heavy users. One more argument in favor of prudent use.

The risk of glioma, a particularly aggressive type of brain cancer, would be doubled in heavy cell phone users. This is information that is likely to rekindle the endless debate on the impact of the mobile phone on health.

The study published by Dr Gaëlle Coureau and his colleagues at the University of Bordeaux in a reference journal, Occupational & Environmental Medicine, indeed shows that the intensive use of a mobile phone is more often found among patients having had brain cancer, glioma type, or, statistically less clearly, a meningioma.

We distinguish the two types of tumor because the glioma is usually more dreaded. It develops in the brain, often quite quickly. Conversely, the meningioma is generally less aggressive and is, in principle, easier to operate because it arises from the envelopes of the brain. But of course, all intermediate forms are possible.

The study, called “Cerenat”, groups together all brain tumors, benign or malignant, which occurred between June 2004 and May 2006 in people over 15 years of age. Bordeaux researchers analyzed the profile of sick mobile phone users in four French departments: Gironde, Calvados, Manche and Hérault. They then compared these profiles with that of residents of these departments, of the same age, of the same sex, also using mobile phones but having no brain tumor.

This type of case-control study is often used for reasons of statistical efficiency, when looking for the possible causes of a rare disease. "It is a methodologically very solid study," analyzes Professor Gérard Lasfargues, Deputy Scientific Director General of ANSES, "it confirms what the International Cancer Research Center (IARC) and ANSES said" . Jacques Blacher, professor of therapeutics at Paris-Descartes University, however insists on the limits of case-control studies. For example, recall bias. "There is a significant probability that those who have a brain tumor and are asked about their past use of the mobile phone have a different perception of responsibility for the telephone compared to witnesses who do not have cancer," explains- there. For him, "this study, even if it is well done, does not allow to conclude".

Reduce exposures
Fortunately, cancers of the central nervous system are rare. There were 4 cases in France in 999, according to the national estimate of the incidence and mortality from cancer in France between 2012 and 1980 published in July 2012. For people born in 2013, the risk of having this cancer before age 1950 is 75% for a man and 0,66% for a woman. By comparison, the risk is around 0,43% for prostate cancer in men, and breast cancer in women.

"The IARC working group, which has examined several hundred epidemiological studies on the subject, estimates that there is a possible link between the use of mobile phones and the appearance of gliomas and acoustic neuromas ( brain tumor forms and a hearing nerve, editor's note), said the National Cancer Institute last year. "This study, which confirms others, underlines the importance of reducing exposures, particularly among heavy users and children," notes Professor Lasfargues.

The National Institute for Prevention and Health Education has put together on a site the essential recommendations on the proper use of the mobile phone. You must use a headset (wired or bluetooth) or move the cell phone away from its head when the wave emissions are strongest. Particularly in the seconds following dialing, and each time there are only one or two bars on the phone, in areas where reception is poor (underground car parks, elevators, confined spaces). When buying a device, "you should favor the phones with the lowest SAR (SAR = Specific Absorption Rate), insists Gérard Lasfargues, some have a SAR well below 1W / kg".

In fact Izentrop, as long as we talk about "seriousness", the pseudo-study (who-stands-account-for-not-much) funded by the industry and we don't even know the curriculum of the guy who made it and whose link you gave, date from ............ near fifteen !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: (as much to say a century in medicine ....) you who talk about impartiality, science, "Reading Committee", you make me laugh to tear my stomach :D
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/05/16, 12:13

the global study on brain tumors was finally published in January 2010.
Its results, more reliable than those of "national" studies, do not show no significant risk of glioma or meningioma in regular cell phone users.
On the contrary, it shows a protective effectthat the authors attribute to methodological biases or errors.
To “go further”, the authors examined 39 subgroups, apparently without using any of the statistical techniques required in this case to limit the risk of “false-positive” type conclusions 3.
No significant risk of glioma was found for the subgroups formed by age of use, even for those who have used a laptop for more than ten years.

http://www.pseudo-sciences.org/spip.php?article1857

No comment :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/16, 13:21

Please avoid links to techno scientist sects ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/05/16, 17:48

Christophe wrote:Please avoid links to techno scientist sects...
Why AFIS and Doctor André Aurengo would be that?
I see it as a good popularization of science and they have excellent articles which put back certain misconceptions.

The article on electromagnetic waves is excellent is repeating what I claim since the beginning of this subject http://www.pseudo-sciences.org/spip.php?article1150
Last edited by izentrop the 24 / 05 / 16, 17: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/16, 17:58

izentrop wrote:which put back certain preconceptions.

... yes ... with 3 m² blinders : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/05/16, 18:00

based on what?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/05/16, 19:22

On the fact that they are the scientific pseudos: they think that science will no longer evolve ... it is the kind of people who, 100 years ago, would have defended tooth and nail that radioactivity is harmless (or more recently asbestos): we obviously didn't know !! But they all believe they know everything ...

This is what I call having psychological blinders!

I personally have the humility to be able to say as a (small, I'm only ingenuous) scientist: I don't know! This sentence is often difficult to pronounce by some who believe they know everything ...

I will not continue this debate with you on the air because we have diametrically opposed opinions ...

I'm for caution, you're for the negation of biological risks ... so we'll never get there.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/05/16, 20:37

Are you serious ?
The French Association for Scientific Information (AFIS) is a 1901 law association, founded by Michel Rouzé in November 1968

I trust them given their skills. http://www.pseudo-sciences.org/spip.php?article65

Now if I'm the black sheep of the forum, yaka say it and i don't bother you anymore.
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"