Is magnetism preserved?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Is magnetism preserved?

by elephant » 18/06/12, 19:00

Rest assured, I am not concocting you a smoky theory on perpetual motion, but I was wondering.

A salt or solution prepared with a ferromagnetic metal (iron, nickel, cobalt) already magnetized does it retain the magnetic properties of the metal used? Are they kind?

Some oxides are ferro magnetic (eg Fe2O3, which the tape recorders made of), but are other salts so?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/06/12, 19:18

if a liquid contains magnetic particles, these particles will orient to cancel each other and the whole will not be magnetic

to make a magnet you really need a rigid thing or everything stays oriented in the direction or we magnetized it
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is magnetism preserved?

by Obamot » 18/06/12, 20:54

elephant wrote:Rest assured, I am not concocting you a smoky theory on perpetual motion, but I was wondering.

A salt or solution prepared with a ferromagnetic metal (iron, nickel, cobalt) already magnetized does it retain the magnetic properties of the metal used? Are they kind?

Some oxides are ferro magnetic (eg Fe2O3, which the tape recorders made of), but are other salts so?

If it helps: a salt is no longer reactive in principle.

Wiki wrote:In chemistry, a salt is an ionic compound composed of cations and anions forming a neutral product and with no net charge.

By way of example, a salt is the result of a reaction between an acid and a base which has led to total neutralization in said form of a salt (or via an oxidative process?). By definition, a salt is therefore hyper stable. This is why I would have a priori difficulty in putting that in a choice of type "this or that".

Another factor not taken into account in the question is the temperature! Besides, in the chemistry lab, there are magnetic polarity inverters, which cause one type of reaction when they are polarized in one direction and a completely different type of reaction when they are oriented in another (and this, of course often at a given temperature if that's what you're thinking ???) If so, then it's risky to tackle it that way : Mrgreen:

Oxidation, is not to be confused with a salt, it seems to me rather that it is a process which can lead to this chemical form. The presence of oxygen makes the oxidative process unstable, since it will want to ally / catalyze at the first opportunity, for example in permanent quest for hydrogen and so on in a chain of possible combinations.

The oxidation is therefore in principle not necessarily "stable", even on titanium. Proof of this is the titanium dioxide on dental implants (which is supposed to protect the metal) and which is attacked by acids (which can revive the schmilblick in the oral environment ...) Therefore, titanium can be collonized by dental plaque and some patients can also develop a pathology based on bacteria attacking osteointegration.

And as an oxide / (dioxide) can be superficial, it seems difficult to me to answer in a decided way by a Boolean choice ... : Lol:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is magnetism preserved?

by dedeleco » 19/06/12, 03:36

elephant wrote:Rest assured, I am not concocting you a smoky theory on perpetual motion, but I was wondering.

Each compound of a metal such as Iron, manganese, cobalt, copper, metallic is not necessarily ferromagnetic, but sometimes antiferromagnetic, NiO, sometimes helimagnetic, or even non-magnetic, or magnetic well below 0 ° C, each one has been very studied, to know its magnetic structure (by neutron diffraction, MRI, susceptibility, specific heat, etc.a whole zoology !!

Example the iron salt with hydrochloric acid FeCl2, or FeBr2, or FeI2 are antiferromagnetic:
read
http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00 ... _385_0.pdf

http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/20/85/42/PD ... 1417_0.pdf

etc.....
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/06/12, 08:33

I am no longer.

I know ferromagnetic, diamagnetic, paramagnetic.

What does "antiferromagnetic" mean?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 19/06/12, 08:49

: Mrgreen:
and what about a "pseudo-magnetic field"

Magneto must know.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/06/12, 10:11

It's a thread that doesn't lack salt : Lol:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/06/12, 13:19

elephant wrote:I am no longer.

I know ferromagnetic, diamagnetic, paramagnetic.

What does "antiferromagnetic" mean?

google, Wikipedia and scientific books allow you to learn the basics of magnetism, a very broad, complex subject, with quantum mechanics which allows you to understand, and some French Nobel Prize winners, a subject I know well, given my past work on this genre. of physics.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magn%C3%A9tisme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetism
http://www.sfn.asso.fr/JDN/JDN16/coursE ... _JDN16.pdf

But if the ignorant trolls continue to rage by spreading their filthy ignorance, by not even reading a second, the basic courses on the internet and by constantly polluting their trolls of ignorant clogs with emery, I give up .

I have the impression of giving caviar to pigs !!

Put floating compass magnets on the water, in a square network and they take an antiferromagnetic arrangement, because two close magnets orient in opposite direction since the field of a magnet closes in opposite direction next to it and aligns its neighbor reverse.

In chemical compounds, the interaction between iron atoms is ferro if at short distance and antiferro at greater distance in general, and it is due to the exchange between electronic spins and electronic orbital moments, rather antiferro, because the ferro is more complex to obtain, (Hund rule)
http://www.sfn.asso.fr/JDN/JDN16/coursE ... _JDN16.pdf

fully quantum, like the chemical bond, also quantum (gain of energy by quantum delocalization of the electrons on several atoms).

On this subject there are thick books, of various effects and various magnetic structures the antiferro being more usual than the ferro, especially below 0 ° C, even the copper oxides !!!

And the trolls will still rage and pollute by spreading their shameless filthy ignorance, without ever learning anything like pigs eating caviar and wallowing in it !!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/06/12, 13:53

yuck, caviar!
0 x
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 09/07/12, 19:31

If the salts are subjected to an external magnetic field they will align with this field, like the Weiss zones for a magnetic material. The salts will strengthen the external magnetic field by adding their own.

The question I ask myself is that if the magnetic field obtained is 2 times greater than the original external field, it will exert a couple of attraction 2 times greater than that of the external magnetic field (which supplied with a coil traversed by current).

Are we supposed to get more work, therefore energy, than what we have provided?

As I know that this is not the case thank you to the one who will explain to me why!
0 x